South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #1  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Wink Monday on the Beach!

Morning chicks!

Can't believe I'm the first one in this Monday!

Not much on the schedule but work, work work. I'm going to get coffee be back in a minute.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:29 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

My weekend eating went from the ridiculous to the sublime. Saturday I was totally out of control. Didn't eat my veggies...had too many bad carbs...you name it, I surely did it. Mea Culpa.

Yesterday, though, wasn't too bad. For lunch I had a grilled chicken breast with this southwestern ranch sauce. Left the rice sitting. Dinner was really yummy. I made pan-seared beef medallions with a mushroom and red wine reduction sauce and my spinach that I love so dearly. I had a dab of mashed potatoes, though...couldn't resist.

One really nice thing...I'm going out to Oregon next Saturday to visit with my sister for a week. She and her dh are on the Beach! So, eating won't be a problem! Yay!!

Hope you all had a great weekend. It was soggy here. Now that the sun has come out (more or less) the humidity and temps have gone thru the roof. Ugh!

HAGD~~

Mamacita
Old 06-13-2005, 07:43 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good sweltering morning! We are still in a steam bath around here!

However, I did get a good night of sleep - 9:30PM to 6:30PM is excellent! I left the fan on in the back room and I think that's what left The Girls comfy.

Two bad things happened yesterday: some dirty rotten @$*&%$# kids destroyed two of my Village barrels and smashed six of my Gazebo hanging baskets! Secondly, I succumbed the the lure of the chip wagon for dinner! However, we will "rise again" won't we Mamacita? Clean eating today and tons of water as I'm still holding 4 pounds of heat insulation that my diuretic isn't touching!

Harry managed to stay awake for most of my visit yesterday. Hershey went with me and really wanted up on the bed with him. I expect he is about to start gettting twitchy about getting out of there.

I am going over the the Fair Grounds shortly to plant and then all my Village planting will be done. It's spitting a bit or rain at the moment but I am getting it done anyhow. Getting wet will feel good when it's already a muggy 79ºF. No cooling is expected until Thursday so we'll just have to live with it.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Aww...((((Ruth)))) So sorry about your barrels and hanging baskets. Don't you wish you could find the little fatherless children and destroy something that they cherish to get back at them?

Give Harry a hug from me and tell him I'm sending him my best.

Keep cool!

Mamacita...

Who's off to work
Old 06-13-2005, 09:01 AM   #5  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Me mamcita. Me off to work and still tired and sore from the concert.
I will get through it though. I caught up on some posts last nite. You chicks were busy this weekend.
Well chickadees, I am off to work.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Good morning ladies....I thought there would be more posts....I slepted in today!
Good Morning Anchor, enjoy the coffee!
Ruth - those darn thoughtless kids. Is there nothing else better to do than destroy things?! They make me angry! Glad Harry is doing better!
Mamacita - yeah, I did a bad thing too. One of my co-workers is known for his brownies & I had 2! OH MY they were good....I don't dare go on the scale today!
Wenchy - have a good day at work!

Me: I'm off today, so I'm going to get some much needed exercise in & take DBF's bike to the bike shop for a repair. I need to tone up /lose weight because DBF & I have a pool party to go to in July & the host had the lap band surgery & she thinks EVERYONE should have it! DBF's sister, Sarah is a little heavier than me.....I'm guessing 275-260. And Lori (the host) always "announces" to Sarah in front of a lot of people than with just 3 little cuts & 3 weeks off, she could be "perfect." It really pis--- me off when she does this because 1) Most people don't want to discuss their "imperfections" with a crowded room 2) Who says this surgery is safe? 3) I just think it's rude!!
I told DBF that if she EVER says this to me, I will go carnival freak on her a--! So anyway.....I must exercise. I was teased in high school for being a "fat girl" (btw...back then I weighed 140!) I won't be teased/tortured in MY adult life!
ok....so I'm off my soap box now......
Thanks for letting me vent =)
Have a great OP day!!!
I'll peck in later!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #7  

Good morning, gals! I'm up and got my three bean salad made for dinner tonight. I've dropped Brian at his day care/summer program and DH and I will pick up him and a friend around 2:30 to go to Twilight Camp. In the meantime I need to go and TRY to wake up DH. His battery died on him last night and it looks like it might actually be the alternator so we need to get it in and get it fixed. Good thing I am on vacation this week and we really only need one car.

So far no word from the camp director. He was supposed to call me if he needed help drilling the holes for the birdhouses.

Ruth - It's terrible that kids would be so destructive! I have a hard time understanding how they could do something like that.

Last edited by Barb0522; 06-13-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Barb - I just updated my exercise from the weekend & you're on fire!! 860 mins!!! I can't keep up!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #9  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Is this an open 'come and say hi" thread?

I joined the forum last week but forgot about it until last night. I was looking for some recipes and came across it again.

I can't understand beng 140 and the fat girl, ugh! I was about 160 in high school and thought I was fat then, if I only knew
Old 06-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #10  

Angela - This is what we call our daily thread. We check in and say Hi and usually share what is going on in our lives. We're always glad to have more join in. What part of Florida are you in? I grew up in Tampa and still have a sister there.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #11  

Morning, ladies. All of my meals this weekend were not bad, except for the "desserts". I had about 3 glasses of red wine all weekend along with various cheeses and spreads on bread. I also had some truffles and a tart my friend made that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too sweet for me. I could only eat half of it and gave the rest to my husband.

I'm back on the wagon for p1 this week, though. I made the breakfast cheesecake last night. Like someone else posted in the recipes forum, I wasn't too impressed when it came out of the oven, but it tasted great this morning. I don't think I'll mind eating it for two weeks. I think DH might even steal some!

I'm going to the gym for a weight training class in a few minutes. I do weight training on Mon and Wed and cardio on Tu, Th, Fri. I enjoy weight training in the class more than on machines because it's more structured and the time passes by faster.

I also bought items to make the peanut butter cup. I'm looking forward to trying it for dessert. I think it'll go a long way to helping me get over any sugar cravings.

I have to start cleaning up this house since my family is coming over to barbeque this weekend. It'll be nice to have a full house for a few days, even if I'm not used to it. My cat will go nuts!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning! I'm at work now.

After destroying many attempts to re-create the diet cookies from weight watchers I finally broke down and used Atkins chocolate bars and melted them down. I'm eating two right now with my coffee. I have to email Ruth to find out where they fit in Phase II or III?

Ruth - Those rotten kids. Do you know who they are? Maybe they can do some good old fashioned community service and pay for and replant everything. In front of everyone!

Mama - Hang in there. Climb back on the beach!

Soon - Hope things are going better for your mom.

Barb - Evan's first day of summer camp is rained out. Poor kid. This week is football week. Next week zoo school and it is Monkey Week!

I played emails with the cute guy that bought the race car all weekend and I was starting to get excited - we were going to hook up on Sunday and I sent the obligitory email Saturday night just explaining my position that I can't be around people who use drugs, or are involved in any criminal activities, etc. because of my job at the school. (And for personal reasons too!) Same speech I give them all - that I live a very clean life and if they want to back out now they can. He never called or emailed again. Guess that answers that!

This Friday I have to meet my first ex-husband who I haven't seen in 14 years. I'm trying to get our marriage annualled and I needed his address cause the church has to send him papers. So I went to one of our old friends house and pinned a note on his door letting him know I was searching for 1st DH and here are my phone numbers. That was 9 months ago and he called this weekend. I'm kind of nervous about it but he was nice on the phone. We are going to dinner together.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #13  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
Angela - This is what we call our daily thread. We check in and say Hi and usually share what is going on in our lives. We're always glad to have more join in. What part of Florida are you in? I grew up in Tampa and still have a sister there.
Thanks! We are in Jax, my dh is stationed here in the Navy. I noticed a lot of posters have kids, I am having a hard time not taking bites of things when making meals or feeding my youngest. Other than that, I just got a new scale yesterday and it's GREAT! I get weighed at my fertility doc appts and that is what I use for my "official" weight but it's nice to see a change here at home.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies who probably weren't as dumb as me this weekend (in many ways).

First I look like a big fat juicy tomato this am (forgot sunscreen!). Had a great weekend though -- barring my one "I'm off Phase 1" ooopsie.

I had a beer (Lite) at Pride. I am up a few oz. today but still at 193. Doing Phase 1 for another day or two then onto Phase 2, again.

My conference is this Wed and I am nervous about it but am sure I can make the right choices.

That beer did taste so good in the sweltering heat

It's hot here today too -- wish I really were on a beach!!! Gotta get working. I was late today

Hap, Hap, Happy Monday!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #15  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies

So I'm back to phase 1 again...I'm gonna have to be strict...I got a little out of hand this past month...not good...but it happens...Nothing much is really planned today...I have to go to work in a lil bit...our Semi-annual sale starts this week...So stop by Talbots and take a look around...there's some good stuff going on sale!! Anyways I'm thinking about having a salad for lunch with some hard boiled eggs...I hope you ladies have wonderful day! I've missed you all
Closed Thread