Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #1  
Philippians 4:13

S/C/G: 239/218/139

Height: 5'2.5"

Lightbulb what a great place, glad I found it

Hi everyone-
I just found this site yesterday. Everyone is so supportive of each other here. I'm excited to get to know ya'll. I really like how there's support for so many different weight loss plans. This time around I'm committing to healthy eating and exercise. I've done other plans and then wind up obsessing over points, protiens, carbs, fats whatever that plan might consist of. I don't seem to pay attention to my true hunger on these plans, just how much more i can have for the day. I've done this for over 13 years and it drives me crazy. Not to mention it just doesn't work for me long term. I'm just going to eat healthy(and I know what that is, by now most of do) and let my body guide me. I'm glad for past failures because I've learned from all of them. I know what works for me and also what doesn't. I've read some posts on these boards that are so inspirational. What a cool place to find. I hope that everyone reaches their goals and has happiness no matter what their weight is.
rdhdgrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #2  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

rdhdgrl1- Welcome!!! Just let me say ditto to everything you just wrote. I've been posting here for about a month now and it IS extremely supportive and helpful. I get so much good advice here and it is awesome when you succeed at something and EVERYONE congratulates you. I am also just eating healthy and exercising because I am done with dieting. I have done every diet under the sun and although I have learned a few things from each diet, I have mostly learned that I CAN'T diet. I get too obsessed with all of the "rules"! So now I'm doing it the old fashioned way and it is working for me!!! We are happy to have you here!!
leannealise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I'm new here also and feel the same way. I am really liking this place. I'm not following a specific plan this time either. I am keeping track of calories, and making sure to exercise almost every day. So far so good. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here and that it's as inspirational for you as it is for me!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #4  

Dear Forum Friends, Thank you all for your posts. I realize that for me my ED Compulsive overeating is so cunning and baffling because when I start to Restrict my eating I get obsessional and dieting becomes a part of the ED. I do know that God is working good in my disordered eating recovery. I highly recommend Overeaters Anonymous to anyone that has compulsive overeating because dieiting for me at least is part of my craziness. Susanna
Susanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261

Hello
I am new too. I also have said good-bye to dieting it is a quick fix and in the end why should I eat what someone else tells me With every diet comes great weight loss and then great weight gain I finally decided about 2 months ago ENOUGH!

Now I am really trying to listen to my body and make permanent changes so far it is working. Also for me I need to move move move I walk to work 30 min also walk in the pool and do water aerboics also home videos. I think exercising and eating healthy are the keys to weight loss.

For the frist time I am stressing of feeling unbalanced when I tried Atkins I was mad 90% of the day I felt like hiting someone my husband called it the "B" diet

Good luck to all of you lets say good bye to those extra pounds by moving and listening to our bodies! Lets take it one day at time one pound at a time!
Tokyo-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:58 PM   #6  
This time I'll do it!!

Hi, welcome. I just started coming back here, so I'm sort of new too. I like the diversity of the folks here, the different ways they're losing weight. The success stories are so motivational to me. I just love it.
India On The Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #7  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Yes all thou there are many different people changing their lifes and doing it their way. Its what works for you and makes sense.
I have adapeted to the old watch what you eat and get out and move theroy somewhat.

But If you havent I suggest keeping a journal for a couple weeks or months on everything you eat even the condiments.
Look and see what your eating and how much it adds up to .. This trully does open your eyes to some changes you might want to make.
I still do this from time to time for a week to check on myself and make sure Im not going overboard.
Also dont just use the scale, take your body measurements so you can see progress when that scale it just sitting there like a lump..
Again good meet ya and glad you are on that path to a healthy you.
Cin
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote