South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 07:04 PM   #1  

Default Need Foods that Can Take the Heat

I'm going to be teaching at Cub Scout Camp from 3PM until 8:30 PM all next week. The temperatures here have been in the low to middle 90's. Brian will eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on WW of course) with lots of grapes to snack on (I'm thinking of freezing them) but I need ideas for myself.

I may be able to put a small ice pack in the bottom of the big bucket we all bring to sit on and store things in but I don't know how long it will stay cold. I was thinking of maybe 3 bean salad with maybe a packet of tuna or chicken and some grapes. I guess raw zucchini will work too. I will have maybe a half hour to eat depending on whether I need to prepare anything before I teach the next session. How about it? Anyone have any good ideas?

I might do a sandwich one or two days but I'd rather get some veggies in there. Since I'll be eating lunch at home next week, I plan to up my veggies at lunch to make up for dinner.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

All that comes to my heat-addled mind right now is grape cherry tomatoes, Barb.
I'll see if I can get my brain to fire.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 06-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #3  
Hottie on the Beach!

Have you tried the South Beach Diet Wraps? They are SO good especially the Chicken Ceasar Wrap! YUMMY! They come with the stuff for the wrap and a small sugar free jello. If you had a small ice pack to put in with it I'm sure it would be fine. Although, in my opinion, they just tie you over until another meal, so if you're eating it as a regular meal to fill you up more, this may not be a good choice. Hope you find something.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Can you freeze your drinks to use as "ice packs" to save space?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #5  

I could freeze my drinks but they are providing lots of water so I probably won't bother. I tested and my small lunch bag will fit in the bucket so I know I can put a container of food as well as an ice pack. I guess I will find out after the first day how well that stays cold. I picked up some packets of tuna, chicken and crab and plan to bring one each day along with four bean salad and some red pepper or zucchini.

I do like the South Beach Wraps but they don't fill me up and aren't that healthy.
Closed Thread