Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default hungry.....

I'm trying REALLY hard to not go into the kitchen and eat something. I just had a snack about an hour and a half ago.

My days off, I've realized, are so much harder for me than when I'm working. I'm so used to just pretty much grazing and snacking on bad things all day, and I'm trying sooo hard to not do that anymore.

I do have good things to snack on, but its not what I want LOL and besides I don't want to use all of my points now, when its so early in the day!

I know I'm going to be hungry. Its a given considering how much I was actually eating through out the day. I'd eat all the time on the weekends.

Its just hard to not give in, and go eat a bunch of stuff.

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #2  
...toward a better me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg
I'm trying REALLY hard to not go into the kitchen and eat something. I just had a snack about an hour and a half ago.

I do have good things to snack on, but its not what I want
Hi Liz!

Do you think you're truly hungry? I've had to redefine what "hungry" means to me. My tummy has to be growling for me to call it hunger. If it's not rumbling and I have an urge to eat, I try to think about why I want to. I find that boredom, anxiety, being thirsty, or simply because it makes me feel good are all reasons why I want to run to the fridge. If my stomach is growling, I don't deny myself. If it's anything other than that, I do something else. I'll leave the house, go upstairs, just do something to break my focus on eating.

The pull toward eating for me is the strongest force I've ever had to fight, so it's no wonder I'm where I am. But it can be done!

P.S.- LOVE your avatar! My friends and family tease me that I look like Snow White...
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

What about some tea or a big glass of water? You may actually be thirsty. Sometimes what you feel as hunger is actually thirst. Even if it's actually hunger, having a big glass of water first will help you feel full so you eat less.

I was really hungry the first week or so but now, it's not bad at all. I have realized that before I started to watch what I was eating, I never really got hungry. I just ate and ate without really thinking about whether or not I wanted or needed to. I've also noticed that I can eat less now. That first week, I'd look at a plate with a cup of pasta on it and think "oh my gosh, this is never going to be enough to eat." We had pasta two nights ago and I couldn't finish my plate with a cup of pasta. I got too full I still feel the urge to eat like I used to, and as the above poster said it's the hardest thing to fight! I've tried to combat it by stocking up on fruits and veggies and avoiding "bad" foods like cookies and ice cream at the store. I know I'm not going to run to the store to buy a snack (I have two young children, a trip to the store is a major undertaking for me right now!) so if I don't have it in the house then I can't eat it. I'm a snacker through and through and actually started a thread about it in the nutrition section yesterday. I am not a person who sits down and eats 3 meals and 2 snacks during the day. So I've tried to fill the house with healthy things to snack on. I don't want to fight my eating habits and change every single thing I do. I think it would be too hard for me to try to force the 3 meals, 2 snacks thing, I'd give up. So I snack, but I make sure it's healthy.

But this was your thread, wasn't it? Sorry for rambling on so much.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! I LOVE Snow White. If I see anything with her on it, I have to buy it I have 2 purses that I love with her on it

I know what you mean about having to redefine what hunger is. I did end up having lunch about an hour after I posted that. I wanted to see if I was really hungry or just bored, and used to having something to eat. And I decided I really was hungry. But it was a 'healthy' lunch, so I don't feel bad about eating. I need to try NOT to feel guilty for eating. If that makes any sense.

When I went grocery shopping yesterday, I tried to NOT buy any bad food, and my boyfriend was helpful too, in not buying too much junk food for himself either. We bought lots of fresh food - veggies and fruits. So for the most part, thats what I've been snacking on.

Thankfully I don't have a car right now, and I cant drive my boyfriends (its a manual, and I don't know how to drive it) so if I get that urge to go up to the store and buy something I can. Unless of course I decide to walk there.. and if I did that, I wouldn't want to ruin the walk by eating something bad anyway

I did buy Breyer's Light Ice Cream, and had some last night. Its 3 ww pts for a half a cup, and I was surprised it was pretty good

And lol, Grey eyed girl, don't worry about rambling, as you can see, I do it too

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Have you tried Skinny Cow ice creams? I love ice cream and the Skinny Cow/Silhouette ones are great. I just had a peanut butter chocolate ice cream sandwich for dessert . They're delicious.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Check what times you are eating your main meals and your snacks make sure theres not to much time from one to the other. and if you have those bored moments either go for a walk or try to occupy your mind else where write some one a letter, maybe your are thirsty depending on where you live and the weather our bodies need more water in the summer time. And we miss this sometimes.
Make sure you have good snacks available to you , try a small handfull of almonds that usually gets me thru a tight fix also.
Have you increased your activity level dramatically. You might need a little more calories or protein. I do get like that when I have increased my activity level in a major way. Or another time for me when I get a few extra cravings I noticed is That TOM.
Hope it works out and keep working at it. You just need to know your body and know if its asking for more food water or just something that will pass until its actually time to eat.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote