South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Default Question about bread

I read the sticky about whole grains and thought I had a grasp on what type of bread to buy, whole grain etc. that has 5 g of fiber. All the bread that I could find yesterday has only 3g of fiber and 1 or 2g of sugar.....does this sound ok to get. I know I read the label on 6 different whole grain loaves. I felt so weird being camped out in the aisle so long. So, I didn't buy anything. I wanted to get expert help from the beach babes......

Thanks,
Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Getting something with a ton of fiber is really tough, Tammy. 3g was the highest I usually found. For me, I think the most important part is ensuring it's made with whole wheat flour and not with enriched (blech!) flour. Then I look at sugars to make sure it's low (1 or 2g sounds fine).

Just a thought...
Old 06-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #3  

I use Mrs Bairds 100% Whole Wheat which is on the list of approved brands. I just checked out their web site. http://www.mrsbairds.com/health/ingr...ole_wheat.html and it shows 2 grams of fiber.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to the grocery in the morning to stock up on things. I'm gonna try and get some snacks that we like too. A lot of people say that we're not eating enough and that's what has caused the stall. My DH hasn't lost anything in the last week as well. It's so strange to say I need to eat more to lose weight!!!

Thanks again for the quick reply, you girls are great!!!!
Closed Thread