Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 09:22 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default LDC Week 2 - How are we doing??

How is everyone doing with the challenge?? We are in week 2 now!!! I have WI this saturday (going every 2 weeks now) and I hope for a loss. Historically, this is the week I ALWAYS have a gain, but hopefully with being sick last week I will show a loss! Fingers crossed, knock on wood!

I think I am back on track this week... after all the trauma last week. I am walking in the morning again too! My problem... I haven't found the best way to journal that actually KEEPS me journaling. I will do it for a week, then slack off for a couple, then do something else. Any suggestions??
Old 07-24-2001, 03:01 PM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default OKAY~ WI tonight..

Besides the odd 8 pt ice cream and not moving from my bed all week, I did pretty good this week. I journalled, and I tried to exercise, but I did walk to work everyday.

I don't know if Ill gainor lose tonite, but I'll certainly hope for some loss!! I have been drinking my water too.....

SO - I'll check in here tomorrow with my results from week one.

AND taking Jen's idea to focus on the challenge rather than obsessing, I will focus more on this (which means I'll post my journal daily) to keep me honest and motivated in a GOOD way, rather than a BAD way.....

Jen- I am good journalling during the week at work - but evenings and especially weekends are SO BAD!!! I am trying to write my plan out in pencil before I leave work and then I write it in pen when I ate what I (hopefully) planned.....that seems to work for me....

Belle
Old 07-24-2001, 03:25 PM   #3  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Overs!

I'm starting new tonight. We'll see! Like everyone else, keep fingers and toes crossed...until you get a toe cramp. Those aren't fun!
Old 07-24-2001, 04:52 PM   #4  

Belle... journalling on-line is also a good way to keep you honest. If you tell us "this is what I am doing"... you may feel guilty not doing it! YAH FOR YOU!!!

As for me! I really REALLY want to meet my goal. I never make the goals I set... Plus, I go on vacation the first week of Nov and I REALLY want to be lower than 190. The last time I weighed that I was in HS... and I am 29 now. So that was a really long time ago. This is HUGE milestone for me!
Old 07-24-2001, 05:33 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default July 24 Journal

B:
Low fat muffin 5
Coffee 1
Apple 1

L:
turkey sub with cheese 6.5
veggie soup 1

D: (planned)

Souvlacki 7
Rice 4
salad 2

27.5 points

Exercise - walk to work 20 min
walk home 30 min
jog (hope) 20 min

I'll update it tomorrow if wrong. Plus I WI tonite so I'll bring that in...

Belle
Old 07-24-2001, 06:57 PM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Me not so good.

I pretty much ignored points all weekend and haven't paid as much attention as I should since. I have gotten a little exercise in, though. I feel huge because I'm about to get my period, so I'm not to hopeful about WI.

Today I had:

Breakfast:
Cereal, 2 pts.
Coffee, 0

Lunch:
Chips and salsa con queso, 8
Salad with cheese, hardboiled egg and dressing, 9

Snack:
Brownie: 5

Total so far: 24

That leaves 3 pts left for the day. Argghh! I think I'll go on a bike ride tonight, or walk the dogs. It's so humid outside STILL it's kind of miserable, though.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:58 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: I'm the same way about journalling. I'll do it for a while, then lose interest. I even lost interest in the eTools journal, which I had been trying out. Guess I'll cancel my membership! The first time I joined WW, they weren't on the points system but measured everything by the number of breads, milk, fruits, fat and meat you had. There was a magnetic board you could buy for your fridge and you could check off as you used the foods. It really helped me (especially since it took up the whole top part of the fridge and pretty much screamed out to you not to eat!). Wish there was something WW had now like it. I supposed I could make something, but that's too much effort.
Old 07-25-2001, 10:07 AM   #8  

Well, I think yesterday I was a little snacky!

B...
3 egg whites 1
cheese 2
salsa 0
muffin 2

L...
Salad 3
angel food 3

Snack
V-8 1
Air Crisps 2

D...
2 cups pasta 6
Sauce 3

Snack
Peach Cobbler and ice cream 6

27 Points
2 Exercise points gained

5 Fruits and Veggies
Lots of Water
2 Dairy

Guess I did better than I thought.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:08 PM   #9  

OK, this is what I have so far for losses in the challenge...

Goal--------Loss to date
Jen 15
Kierie 10
Tonya 13 -------- 1
Janet 12
JenK 10 -------- 2
Belle 12 --------- 2
Steph 15 --------- 2.8
Lori 5
Grace 14
Kim 15
Galadvel ?
Dani 15
Melissa 14
Kristen 14 --------- 1
Rebekah 15
Toheads 14
Wenwell ? -------- 2

TOTAL LOSS ------- 8.8

This is what I have for people signed up for the challenge. If there are any changes or you need to update your loss.... please post it! Thanks!

Last edited by Jen-L; 07-25-2001 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:48 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

just a quickie
again
Im weighing in tommorrow b/c i took a viox at 1 this am and i will bloat when it wears off on the bright side i have no desire to eat except i have to feed my gram
wonder how much weight a swolln noze carries
Old 07-25-2001, 04:52 PM   #11  

OK... eating a lot today again. I fell into temptation and ate ice cream because it was free. What's up with free???

B....
Kashi and milk 3
angel food 1 (I made a huge batch and am addicted)

L...
Tuna and mayo 4
bite of hubby's spaghetti 1
angel food again 2
Ice cream treat 4

Snack
Baked beans... don't ask 2

D...
Chicken Broccoli Stirfry 3
Rice 4

Snack...
Don't know yet... about 3 points

27 points
Veggie/fruit 3 (darn low)
Milk 1 (low again)
Water.... WAY LOTS!

Exercise... Hopefully when I get home from work... then I can ahve a glass of milk!
Old 07-26-2001, 12:20 AM   #12  

Jen, Thanks for posting all the totals.

I lost another 2 lbs this week. I'm finally starting to smile at myself in the mirror instead of just sucking in my gut. Going to the beach next weekend (for the first time this year) with my husband's family. Wondering if I should look for a new bathing suit.

How's everyone else doing?

Kierie, how are you feeling? (My niece is named Kieran as well -- it's so nice to see another person with such a pretty name.)

All this talk about running has inspired me. I've started jogging the majority of my morning mile.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 07-26-2001, 12:57 AM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Hi Ladies!!! I haven't been around for a while because my new assignment at work doesn't leave me any time for extra fun on the computer and my computer at home is really slow - I've got to start dealing with that. Housitting this week with a fast computer - Yay!! I've just taken a look at some old posts - it seems everyone is doing well - Double Yay! I have been doing great. Headed for my 25 pound award (5# to go) My younger sister has been incredibly supportive and she's lost 8# too! It helps so much to have people around. One of my original goals was to be at least a size 16 by my sister's wedding. Since that goal, my other sister has also gotten engaged. So I changed the goal from August (younger sister's) to October (older sister's wedding) and just this weekend I tried on a size 14 skirt and...IT FIT!!!! It's actually working. Anyway - I can't think of a good labour day goal. I'm pretty focused on the 10% which I should be at in two weeks if things continue. I'll be around to let you know. Hope every one has a fantastic day or evening or whenever you read this post.
KT
Old 07-26-2001, 12:43 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls
I just checked my dear friend mr scale annnnnndd
swelling not withstanding i'm down 2 pounds wahoooooo 198
*shakesmybooty*
Old 07-27-2001, 09:10 AM   #15  

Well... did good all day... then after work we went grocery shopping and picked up take out chicken. It was awesome and I ate it!

So starting over today. 1 day off program will not kill me... but I do WI tomorrow AM! I haven't been to a meeting in ages. I have weighed in, but haven't been able to stay. Shame on me.

Fill you in later on the WI... oh this week is my gain week because of ovulation... I retain TONS of water. That makes me nervous! I hate gaining!
Closed Thread