Thread: Summer Salads!
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #8
Jillegal
Crazy Canuck

Thanks so much - there's some great recipes here that I'm really looking forward to trying! Spinach, broccoli, lentils, beans, nuts - all my favourites are here!

Sarah, is that recipe for one serving? I looks huge (not that I mind, I can eat salad 'til the cows come home, but I need to know for "point" purposes.) I worked it out on my Pointsfinder and even though it may, on the face of it, look rather high calorie and fat wise for a salad, it comes to 8 points (the fibre really helped) which is pretty much a normal "dinner" amount for me - so I'll be chowing down on some of that, for sure!

Seeing as I've got 3 young children around a lot of the time I'd like to see a couple more salads like Jo's that I can pass off as a dessert. Here's a fruit salad they love and I often take it to bbqs when its my turn to bring a sweet.

Coconut-Cream Salad
Ingredients:
1 can of pineapple tidbits (or equivalent amount of fresh)
1 can mandarin oranges
1 cup green and red seedless grapes
1 cup miniature marshmallows (there's the sugar...but they're fat-free)
1 cup coconut (I use the long stringy kind)
1 cup fat free sour cream
Preparation:
Drain pineapple and oranges on paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture
Mix all ingredients together. Chill for at least two hours before serving. Line salad bowl wih lettuce leaves and add fruit salad.
Per 2/3c serving: Calories 120, Fat 1g, Fibre 1g

Last edited by Jillegal; 06-08-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote