Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-03-2005, 10:08 AM   #1  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 188/188/140

Default How to keep motivated? (FIRM)

I am trying to do the firm tapes. I am so lazy!!! I did really well for the first week but I have such a hard time sticking to it. I really want this to work but I just need to get off my butt and do it. I know the firm tapes work - I read all the success stories and I want to have my own success story. I just wish I wasn't so lazy.
csimeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

If you're having a hard time staying with it then you need to find something else. Anything that is going to bore you eventually isn't going to be something you can maintain for life in order to lose AND to maintain the loss afterward. You can still do the Firm from time-to-time, but find other exercises that shake up your routine and keep you interested. Try a different type of video, or do the Firm to music with the TV volume muted. Or go for a run or walk or bike ride every other day. Shake up the routine to keep it exciting so you don't give up.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I was doing well on the FIRM for about 3 months, and they I stopped. It wasn't the tapes for me... They weren't boring to me. It's ME. LOL. So now, I'm trying to get myself back up and on track. Good luck!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #4  

I agree that variety helps with the exercise. Also, finding the best time of day for you to do it.

I would love to exercise first thing in the a.m., but since I start work at 6:00 a.m., I've started doing my workouts at 4:00 p.m. I alternate between:
Curves (3 or 4 times/week)
The Firm tapes (when I want a good cardio + strength training workout - and really want to sweat!!)
Walking on the treadmill (when I also want to watch something on TV)

I also think it's good for our bodies to have variety because our muscles don't get used to the same routine. (I think it was Covert Bailey who wrote about that.)
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #5  

When I only do one type of exercise or the same old tape over and over I get soooo frickin bored with it. Change around ALOT. And usually once I start exercising I dont want to quit even when I was talking myslef out of it 10 mintues ago.