Old 06-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #1  
Walking Away the Pounds

Smile Hello, another newbie

Hello everyone. I am glad I found this place. I was looking for some boards to join with others who have or had 100+ pounds to lose. This looks lilke a great place and from some of the reading I have done today, you all seem like a nice and friendly group

Well, about me. My name is Lany and I am 32 years old. I have been heavy all my life. I have been on every diet out there and I am sick of it. I have a 9 year old daughter that I want to be around for. So a few weeks ago I finally put my foot down and said that is it. I have managed to yo-yo for the past year and lose some weight, but on the 19th of April I said enough was enough. I have managed to lose around 11 pounds since (for a total of 28) and have been working out faithfully and eating 3 meals a day (low fat and healthy) with snacks in between when I am hungry. I never feel deprived this way and I have lost all my cravings for soda and high fat foods. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to sit down once in a while and have a slice of pizza or enjoy a bowl of ice-cream...but I just don't seem to be thinking of those kinds of foods continually now. I was the type of person who would be out running around or something and be daydreaming and planning my next binge. It was getting pretty bad. But I am glad I finally seem to be in control

Let's see, what else?
I live in Oregon and just recently graduated from the community college and hope to attend the University of Oregon this fall or no later than next fall. I am a single mother who loves fiddling with PSP8, reading Harry Potter, half Filipino, and I love to cook.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Last edited by Weigh2Goal; 06-06-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Weigh2Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Lany,

Welcome ~ you are off to a great start so far. Hope you enjoy it here. It is a great place.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #3  

Hi Lany and welcome! Glad ya found us and you sound like you are ready to do this. Good luck!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #4  
Walking Away the Pounds

Gayle and Kimberlie, thank you very much for the welcome. Way to go on your losses so far
Old 06-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome Lany. Glad you decided to join us. This is a great place to be for support.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome Lany (and other newbies I may have missed; there's been so many lately. Its great!!) Post often and let us get to know you!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #7  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, Lany.

Congrats on your loss to date. There must've been something in the air on 19 April; I started the same day.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Lani...Ali you've got a point...I started on April 15th

I wonder if there was some kind of cosmic fat shift or something ...whatever it was...keep it comin' I'm on a roll!

Lani, you'll have a great time here and I haven't found better support in all my life

Welcome
(((hugs))))
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #9  
Walking Away the Pounds

Goodness, I feel so welcomed here . Yes, there was something in the air in mid April. I felt the same way the morning of April 19th as I felt May 31, 2003. That is the morning I woke up and said I was going to quit smoking...aftersmoking for about 13 years. I have not smoked a cigarette since (2 years). Same as with this weight loss...there is no looking back.
Thank you again!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #10  
missaprylj

Hello, Lany!

Welcome... this is a fantastic place! You sound like you'll fit in here very, very well.

I'm a name freak, so I have to know how you say your name! Does it rhyme with "rainy" or is it more like "lawn-y" or does it rhyme with "granny" (I must confess I am particularly interested in names with a "y" in them. )

Welcome aboard... jump in everywhere and good luck! -Apryl
Old 06-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #11  
Walking Away the Pounds

Hello Apryl,
Thanks for the welcome. My name rhymes with rainy. I have people calling me all sorts of names though *snickers* I have been called Larry a few times as well...LOL
Old 06-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #12  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham
Ali you've got a point...I started on April 15th
I wonder if there was some kind of cosmic fat shift or something ...whatever it was...keep it comin' I'm on a roll!
Yep. That fat had better keep on shifting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weigh2Goal
Yes, there was something in the air in mid April. I felt the same way the morning of April 19th as I felt May 31, 2003. That is the morning I woke up and said I was going to quit smoking...aftersmoking for about 13 years. I have not smoked a cigarette since (2 years). Same as with this weight loss...there is no looking back.
Congrats on being a non-smoker. I dropped from 40 to 5 a day a couple of years ago, but can't/won't let go of those last ciggies.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #13  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to the boards! Look forwarding to getting to know you!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. It looks like you are off to a great start.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #15  
Michele

Hi Lany,

I'm a newcomer also - I look forward to getting to know you better.

I was thrilled to see you read Harry Potter. I have to admit I'm some what obsessed with waiting for the next book and the next movie out at the end of the year.

Good job on your weight loss so far and for giving up on the smokes! Awesome!!!
animequeen is offline   Reply With Quote