South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 05:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Beach Chat - June 7

Good morning! We have another beautiful and sunny day coming up. The weather has been great, albeit a bit hot. Some of the lawns are burning out. Of course those are the real grass ones . Mine is Creeping Charlie, violets, clover, wild strawberry, dandelions and a bit of grass! Works and stays green!

This morning I go for my knee cortisone shot at 9 so will be out of here by 8. After that I'll sneak upstairs for a quick visit with Harry and might even intercept the doctor! (Our doc, Jack, doesn't have admitting privileges at this hospital so they assign a staff doctor to "orphans".) When I get home, I intend to relax with a book and some water on the porch and let the cortisone wend its way through my joint. I'll be extremely off if it doesn't work!

What's going on in your Beach Space?
Old 06-07-2005, 07:05 AM   #2  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Ladies! It seems I just haven't had the chance to get on here to say hi and check in lately! My husband has been quite the computer hog! I guess I'm going to have to get up earlier just to make sure I can be here... I think this group is hugely important... besides, I miss chatting with ya'll!

Hope you have a great big losing day!

Hugs!
Aileen
Old 06-07-2005, 07:58 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning you two!

Checkin in before getting ready for work. The cats are fed (not without incident though -- JoJo went after MeMe ) and I too shall eat right after hopping both in the shower and on the scale

Happy Tuesday!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #4  

195.8 -- I'll take it!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #5  

Good morning, gals! Just a quick checkin before I drop Brian off at day care and head to the dentist. I need to get an old filling drilled out and a crown prep done. The dentist assured me I won't end up needing a root canal. I sure hope he is right - I've had far too many in the past.

I spent time last night building a birdhouse that I'm going to be teaching the boys to build at camp next week. I sure hope the guys preparing the kits drill the holes right because otherwise these kits make it very hard to nail in straight but at least I got it built! Tonight we work at the animal shelter again. Yeah! I hope the Shitzu is still there. But if he's not, then it means he found a good home which is even better.

Last edited by Barb0522; 06-07-2005 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling errors
Old 06-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking :s:HERE WE GO PHASE 2!!!!!

HOWDY ALL U BEACH BABES...........RUTH,,,Hope Harry's recovery is going well....I have had those shots in my knees b4,I actually passed out once........Got a new ticker 2day,,,officially ended PH1 w/9lb loss,,,New ticker for PH2 and JUNE challange.......Not much time to post,power co taking out power for 8hrs 2day,9-5,,,It's hot 95 and humid n Rockwall 2day so going to DADS to play in the sand and stay cool.....Play nice and hv fun on ur BEACH TOWELS today........................ GOFISHIN
Old 06-07-2005, 09:23 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I have to make this fast as I have alode of washing to do as we're heading down to N.Y. to visit our grandchildren Tomorrow morning bright on early . We have to catch the early ferry to Long Isand N.Y.

I W-I: tomorrow but with all the humidly in the air water retention the the ribs I had on Sunday is going to make my tracker go up again. & again & again. I don't know if I'll ever get to my goal.Summer is a hard time for me to control eating with all the BBQ's and picnics.

Have a great beachy week Hugs BB
Old 06-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chicks!

Kinda slow around here this morning. Except when I post this there will be ten posts.

I was taking the herb DHEA and it was making me extremely tired all the time. I didn't even notice it until I ran out for about a week and all of a sudden I didn't have any problems getting out of bed. He** I even got up at 4:45 for no reason this morning. It just goes to show how strong of an impact herbs can have on you. I may have needed it when I was in my very emotional marriage and spent all my time on my last nerve. So this may be a good sign that my life is destressing.

I weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping for a good one. I'm sick of sitting at 198 and want to reach 195 because that is where I was before that vacation that threw me off my diet!

I do need to get more veggies into my diet though. Since I've been watching the calories I've really cut down on the veggies. It's not the calories in the veggies themselves but the stuff that goes with it. Dressing for salads, hummus for the red peppers, laughing cow for the celery, etc.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin chickies! Another restless night and up at the crack of dawn! UGH! Not much planned today other than the norm of cleaning and laundry! Any volunteers? tee-hee! It's nice and quiet right now. The kids will sleep til who knows when.

Ruth...Sounds like you have a plan. Prop that knee up and rest!

Aileen...Glad to see ya peckin in this morning! Enjoy the day!

Jenn...Congrats...Your slimmin down!

Barb...The dentist! Yikes! haha Hope all goes well!

gofishin50...8 hrs.! OMG what about the stuff in your fridge and freezer. That seems like a really long time to turn peoples power off. Enjoy hangin with your dad.

Me...I think I will go make me some coffee and have a bowl of cereal with strawberries. They are callin for rain here again today! Check y'all chicks (roosters) later!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin BB...Enjoy your time with the g-babies!

Anchor...Wow good deal with the herb thing! Glad life is getting on track for you! MEN! Can't live with them and you can't just shoot 'em! lol
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #11  

Good Morning!

So, I've completed one week in Phase II, and the scale didn't budge a bit. So, now what? In my logical mind, it means I can't add any other Phase II food. So far, it's just been a cup of fruit each day. Should I ditch the fruit and try something different? Or, maybe wait it out another week? Your thoughts?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:50 AM   #12  

Good Morning Everyone!
This morning got off to a slow start. I woke up 10 minutes before I need to leave! I can post from work though, because this site is not blocked. I really like that! I am thinking about joining a gym for the mornings before work since I don't have to be at work until 8. I have this problem though of not waking up until the last minute! It will be a real chore to get up early enough to go workout. I am still contemplating it... I need a personal trainer to kick my butt!
I got some wedding planning done yesterday. I dropped off the paperwork at the Church, and bought a bunch of Bridal Magazines at Walmart. I need to pick a color! Larry wants a blue, and I was thinking somewhere in the Red/Pink/Purple family. We'll see. Maybe we can incorporate a bunch of colors instead of just one. I saw a really pretty picture of the decorations in one of the magazines, and they had rich Reds, Blues, and Purples and it looked almost royal. Maybe we could do something like that...I don't know.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!! See Jen - I told you that scale would drop! Mine dropped too...haven't changed the ticker yet - 213! I think I'll wait until I hit 210, then change it....would knows?
I did my crunches & I've lost 1 inch (but I think TOM's departure was behind this & not my crunches....we'll see where I'm at next week!)
I went to the scrapbook store yesterday....$66.00 later....oh well. I even did a page last nght....I'm slowly finishing this book for my sister in law!
DBF & I watched the game last night & the Pistons won!!! Not that I'm a crazy fan or anything...just means DBF is in a good mood - he did the dishes & the laundry & took the trash out the morning! I'm a lucky gal!
Well I'm off to drink some more water! (I think my eyes are still floating from yesterday!) Everyone have a wonderful great day!
ANCHOR - has the shy guy called yet?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:31 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, I am so excited that this is C-day for you! I can't wait to hear how amazing you feel!!! Don't go jumping around too soon, though, okay? Make sure you know what you can handle before you plant the entire town of Delta in an hour. Have a lovely visit with Harry. I hope you get a chance to talk with the doctor. How's he doing? One of our neighbors in my old town make their lawn out of pachysandra. Worked great and was green all year round!

Aileen, we miss you too! Tell DH that you deserve some computer time too. He needs to rest his eyes a bit anyway. You could always offer him some morning 'activity' and then he'll fall asleep for at least long enough for you to check in... (ooh, I'm bad! )

Jenn, congrats on the weigh-in!!! 195.8 is great! I hope JoJo and MeMe get to like each other better soon!

Barb, have fun at the animal shelter! Shih Tzus are great dogs...we had one for most of my early life and she was fantastic. The birdhouse sounds fun! Hope your dental work is fast and painless!

GoFishin, good going on P1!!! Hope you stay cool today...turning off power in that kind of weather is dangerous!

BB, enjoy the visit with the grandkids...a ferry ride, even an early one, sounds delicious!!! What a way to travel... With the BBQs, just plan ahead, bring food that you can eat as your contribution to the BBQ, and stick to your plan. You can do it!

Anchor, I love broccoli cooked in the micro and a bunch of fresh lemon juice squeezed on top. It's really good!!! What about salsa...does it have too many calories? Herbs can have a huge effect on your body...sometimes not a good one. Make sure you check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking herbs...they can have strong reactions with other drugs. Glad you have more energy and figured out why!

Bamie, how's your knee doing? Love your breakfast plans...sounds so yummy!!!

Love, if a week of fruit didn't produce results, I'd try something different next week and see what happens. In the book, there were a few people who said they couldn't tolerate fruit and still lose. I'd figure that some fruits might work better than others, but you'd have to experiment. Try grains next week and see what happens, okay? You'll figure it out...it just takes time.

Jenn, picking colors is such fun! Both my DH and I love blue, so it would have been a natural color for our wedding. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to work it with the groomsmen's tuxes. Black and blue? Just didn't sound like a good combo. We ended up going with purple and sage green. You'll figure out what works for you. Try to go to the gym at a time that you know will work for you on most days. If that's after work rather than the morning, aim for that. If you pick a time that you know will be tough to accomplish, like the morning when you regularly wake up late (like me), you'll find yourself constantly frustrated with your lack of initiative when really you just set yourself up to fail. Know what I mean?

Me:
Oy, I'm all out of sorts! I worked so hard for so long that I just want to relax, but there's so much stuff going on, so I keep staying up all night playing on the computer and such. We're talking 2 and 3 in the morning, and I need to get up by 6 the next day. I need a vacation...

Tonight I'm going to bed by 11. That's just how it has to be.

Didn't get to the gym yesterday because I overslept. Not fun. All week I'm cleaning the house after work because we have a party this weekend. If I can finish early I'll try to go to Jazzercise on Thursday. Otherwise my cleaning efforts will have to count as exercise.

It's nice outside...but we had a huge storm yesterday!!! It was the scary kind where it looks like a tornado is coming. One did hit south of us in PA. Scary! I don't do tornados. Give me an earthquake and I'm fine, but tornados???

Have a great day, chickies...hope it stays nice and calm in your neck of the woods!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #15  

Laurie -- get some sleep!

Soon2B -- heh, I haven't done my crunches in a while. But will starting tonight. The grasshopper teaches the professor
Closed Thread