Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 09:13 AM   #1  

Default Night Owls # 14

Hi All

Started new thread got to two pages again

Thanks for the hurrays everyone.

Ally - You can chatter about your horse activities all you want I love it.

All has been great here. I had alot of stressfull stuff going on at work this week and I got through it with successfull outcomes and feeling pretty good about myself and gotta say that kind of feeling helps tremendously in staying OP.

I am off this weekend but its going to be HOT 90 and humid YUK
Guess I will be living in the basement.

more later, gotta run
Old 07-21-2001, 07:00 PM   #2  

Hi There Everyone,

I went to the gym this morning and worked on the weight machines then walked 1 mile on the treadmill. Then we were bad and went and had chinese food but boy was it yummy, one of my many weaknesses. Kayleen's b-day party is tomorrow so that will be another challenge for me, it is at papa ginos so that means ice-cream cake and PIZZA, Yikes!! I gotta try and be good.

JudyGal, He is over 18 but it would be worthless to press charges, she would hate me and besides from what I understand in Virginia at 17 you can do basically nothing. This is what I have been told anyway. Times have really changed and we really have no control over our teenagers, they seem to be able to do whatever they want. I think it's awful.

Susan, thank you. We will miss you make sure you hurry back.

Alley, sounds like you did wonderful. I would have done much worse, that kind of food is so good. Remember, though it is not a ww rule, you can always reverse bank points when you eat a bit over too. You know kind of borrow them from the next day or two. It has saved me many times.

Penny, sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work.

Brenda
Old 07-22-2001, 04:51 AM   #3  

Default Hi Owls:)

My arm hurts bad again!
For two days...fatigue! Arrgh........
But today I did get on the Treadmill...but I have to make sure I don't hold on with my bad arm cause it is really hurting again. It is so bad it is keeping me form cleaning and gardening. Just light work with one hand is all I can do! Did get Dh some good meals this week and the laundry all done too.

Penny, you are doing wonderful!

Judy, good for you taking some time to yourself, we all need that every now and then so don't feel a bit guilty!

Ally, talk all you want about your horses, I am learning stuff form you horse lovers! You are right about making the program fit your life! I have been pretty strict with myself and wonder if I can keep it up! Yum funnel cakes!

Susan..I guess you will be all moved in when you post again!

Bren, sorry to hear about your daughter. That's a bummer..I bet you were frantic when they called! Glad your mom's modem is in..that took a long time didn't it? Your weight loss is going great!

My cholesterol is down to 165 now and I'm 48.5 pounds lighter. It has been slow but worth it!

It's not a horse but a kitty!
Old 07-22-2001, 04:53 AM   #4  

Default Swimsuit time!

Does he dare answer!

Last edited by Candicej; 07-22-2001 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:42 AM   #5  
Happy Member

Hi Owls!

I went back to the Farm Fair on Saturday and did great! (my niece's chicken got a "reserve grand champion" ribbon, too! )
The NEXT day at my sister's house is another story, though. I was okay until dessert. A nephew's birthday, so there was cake of course, ice cream, and......DIRT!!! Do you guys know what this stuff is? Trouble!! LOL! For those of you who don't know, it's vanilla pudding, cream cheese, cool whip, and crumbled Oreo type cookies made to look like...dirt. We make it in a big (new and cleaned) flower pot, and you can put plastic flowers in it, gummy worms, whatever. And we get a new hand shovel to scoop it usually.
I had too much.
Oh, well. Back on the horse, so to speak!

Candice- Sorry to hear your arm hurts so much.
Wow! Cholesterol of 168 and weight loss of 48.5??? GREAT!!!
Hee-hee....I like the cartoon!....(and the kitty)

Brenda- I'm impressed with your "gusto" doing that treadmill. IKWYM about the challenge to stay OP when you're in front of tempting food!!

I didn't get to the barn this weekend because of all the family stuff I had goin' on, but will get there next weekend. I'm hoping to take Thurs night off from work so I can join a group lesson with Chrissy before she has her baby. Keep your fingers crossed that someone will work for me!!
Ally

PJ?? I hope everything is OK. You must be busy at the new barn.
Old 07-24-2001, 02:59 AM   #6  
Back Again :)

Thumbs up

Hello all

I've been a really bad girl

I've been
Eating too much
Sad
family sick

A few of you will remember I moved states away from my family.

It's been a really rough road, and is still a little rough.

I've been trying to lose weight but I just
dont have the push to not eat. Eating has obviously become my
past time for the last 7 months or so. So I'm not sure if it's my sh@#$y job (we are very slow the University doesn't have enough money for books), or my being family sick (not home sick, as my parents have moved house and my home is dennis's home now)

I'd like to be one of those people that can just go with out food, especially when you dont need it. I'm trying but I have this (I want, I want, I want) going on in my body and in my mind, I dont want to put on any more weight so I've been walking, I actually went and did weights at the gym yesterday. But I just dont have that drive to eat properly, and not over eat. I dont know what to do, I tried some diet pills, well they didn't help because I am eating when I'm not hungry and they made me so tired. Dennis and I are both changing the way we eat and I've been making low fat goodies for us for when we want something, but it's so hard.
'm hoping that my trip to mom and dad's will help improve my phychi. I'll be there from 6th August to the 17th August.

I'm sorry I know this is a me me me me me post I just cant help it. I need the love of my family.
Old 07-24-2001, 05:33 AM   #7  

Ally..good for your niece and her chicken! I know what that dirt stuff is..I think it looks gross but it must taste good, I have not had it! Glad you are back on the horse so to speak!

WA girl...this is a good place for venting! Diest pills aren't the best in my opinion..been that route years ago! Changing your eating is a move in the right direction to a healthier life! You can do this..sorry you miss your family so much! Here's a ((((HUG))))

PJ are you horsin' around!

Begonias under the Blue Spruce.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:28 PM   #8  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Hi there~

I've been off-line for a week now. The entire area was out due to almost a week of continuous rain and thunder and lightning. Floods all over the place. No........haven't had much chances to ride due to the weather. Will go for a ride in a little while though......today was waaaaay to hot to ride at any other time but evening. I don't have much time to post now since I need to get dinner ready and Jackie is getting back from Miami (been there for 4 days) today and then tomorrow she gets her retainer, Thurs. is her 13th B'day and then Friday she flies to New York and then to Martha's Vineyard. Lots of shopping and packing to do. Bill's getting her a pager....."just in case".......seeing as how the people that took her to Miami (her best friend and her parents) didn't let her call much. Sh**!!!!!!! I told her she could call collect whenever ....... ^#^$@$*@*&$)(@)*$()@*,,,,,,,,,,that really ticked me off. Now if she'd just get home.........they should have been here hours ago. So....let me go and have a glass of wine while I'm fixing dinner and maybe that will relax me a bit. I've missed you all so much...........I don't think any of you can imagine what an important part of my life our "family of night owls" is to me. Hopefully, after you read this post...you will.
My love to you all.......I'll come back later tonight when I have some REAL time to relax and read and post.

P.S. - The image below is how my emotions are right now !!!!!!!!
~Pamela~
Old 07-25-2001, 08:08 AM   #9  

Hi Owls

Hope all is well, I am off on my business trip today so I will not be here again till next week so just wanted to stop in and say Hey!

Lots to do packing etc...

WA girl - Hang in there you can do it. I know the visit with your family will get your spirits going in the right direction. I also have a {{{{{hug}}}} for you. Hope it helps.

PJ - Sound like your missing your daughter alot. Hope you have a good time with her before shes off again.

Ally - Don't be to worried about not riding for a week, I actually find I ride better after a spell of not riding, your body is much more aware of what its doing when you haven't done it for a bit.

Well Ladies I gotta run

Talk to you again soon
Old 07-25-2001, 10:20 AM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Well, Jackie got in safe and sound........VERY tan/sunburned and happy to be home. The way she came in was really cute. I was vacuuming and heard the front door slam......then there she is with her arms wide open, running to me....saying "hey Moms, I missed ya".......heh-heh. I don't really care for the "Moms" part but the hug was really nice and long. I DID miss her, the little rat.

Penny - Have a safe trip.

Candice - Wish I WAS horsin 'round but didn't do much of it with all the bad weather. Can you all say COMPUTER WITHDRAWAL??????????? BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!! aaaaaagggghhhhhhhhh. Well, I'm back online and it's great to be here with all of you again.

Ally - I LOVE dirt cake (as we call it). So easy to make and the kids always get such a kick out of it. ESPECIALLY with the gummy worms in it. We would stick a couple of "cookie flowers" on sticks in there as well. There's a bakery that makes them here and it really looks cool. Sounds like you all had fun.

WaGirl - It's been so long since I've heard from you that I actually forgot your first name??!!!!!!! I have to apologize because you've been an owl for sooo long. When you posted your new address, I forgot to put all of other info in there and that was that. I'm so embarr-assed. Anyway, I know this is a hard time. I also eat when I'm down in the dumps but I also eat when I'm happy.....so all I could recommend is that you make really good choices and try, try again. Just keep trying and trying again. After all......we have to really be READY to go OP ....... maybe right now isn't the right time for you to lose and maybe MAINTAINING would be more of a goal for now. What do you think?

Brenda - So sorry you're going through all the mess with your daughter. Sometimes we have to let "them" hit bottom before they can get back up again and straighten out. There are quite a few people I know that have gone through very similar situations. One is almost identical!!!! She always let her daughter know that she was there for her but that was it. She had to be responsible and take her meds and do "the right thing" before she would even see her. Tough love. Sometimes that's what it takes. Although, I can understand your fear of something happening to her also. It must be a very hard time for you right now and I'd just like you to know you're in my prayers and thoughts. I'll try and give you a ring tonight. K? Could you email me your new #??? Woudl love to hear your voice.

SETINA BELINA - You get that booty in here girlfriend! Where the heck are you? I had a legitimate excuse....... COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE.......

Hey Susan aka SLF - Let me know when you're ready for me to come up and start on those windows. You must reaally have your hands full but it also sounds like you have quite a bit of good help as well. Well things quiet down, I fly up and we can do some of that shopping we were talking about. K? I miss ya!

SueBee - Where are you???????????????
Old 07-25-2001, 10:22 AM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

P.S. - Yep, that's Jackie. THIRTEEN YEARS OLD TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......a teenager........HEEEEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2001, 03:33 PM   #12  
Teacher chick

PAMELA.... get her a phone card to keep with her when she travels. It will come in handy!
Old 07-25-2001, 10:59 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Judy - Now THAT'S the best advice I've had in a long time. Why didn't I think of that???!!!!
I'll do it first thing tomorrow. I can go right up to Walmart and get one for 60 minutes. Thanks Judy....once again you've given me some great advice.
Thanks a bunch,
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 07-26-2001, 09:44 AM   #14  

Hello. Yup it's me. Had to come out of hiding, especially since PJ asked where have I been?? No where actually, just reading the posts. Should just drop in and say hi.

PJ: Gee, Jackie is only 13, looks more like 17. Look out, the boys will be coming around soon, asking for dates. LOL. She's such a pretty girl.

Hi to everyone else. Been busy working lots and looking forward to my holidays the first couple of weeks of August,. Next year we will have to do it differently, and take some holidays in July as well as August. Makes me jealous seeing everyone going off for holidays and mine don't start until next week.

SueBee
Old 07-26-2001, 11:18 AM   #15  

Default Got the second shot!

Hurt this time and I had heat on it all night too. He gave me some Protonix for my tummy hope that helps too! All my bloodwork came back excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bone density is even back to normal for my age! Told me I was in a good weight range(healthy) that I could lose 5 more or gain 15 and I would still be consider helathy weightwise! All this walking and gardening and eating better has really helped me!

Hi Pj(Jackie looks great!), Sue Bee, WAGirl, Setina, Tara, Emmy, Bren, Penny, Susan, Ally, judygal and Mev if you are lurking!

Taking a break form gardening and my left arm is wrapped!
Closed Thread