Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Talking military wives

Hi All,
I am pretty new at this. I am a 19 year military wife stationed in Okinawa Japan. I was never overweight as a child. I gained weight as soon as I got married. Food has been a friend while my husband was out to see. I have made a decision to take care of me and make some changes in what I eat and my lack of exercise. I would love to hear from other military wives.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:22 PM   #2  

Smile

Hi I am 21 yrs old Dh is in the Navy, still in school so I havent experienced deployments yet. I have a 3 year old daughter and a two week old son which is why I am on a healthier lifestyle journey now I weigh the most I have ever weighed and feel so lousy! I still have very low iron from having my son so my energy is extremely lacking right now but when I recover a bit more I plan on doing various excercise videos and following the Atkins nutritional approach I had great success with that a few years back so this time it will be forever though no turning back! I dont ever go by what the scales say because that can be so frustrating and misleading my goal is to be a fit and slim as I can be. My dh and my children and I are in south carolina until january then we are going to hopefully be in Alabama if Dh gets accepted into Officers school if not he will be staff here and we will be here for two or three more years, I love it here so I dont mind and I want him to be shore duty for as long as possible. If you dont mind my asking.. What rank is your hubby? is he on a sub or aircraft carrier? Right now Dh is e-4 petty officer he is a nuke and a sub volunteer. best wishes for success for your new healthy lifestyle!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #3  

Hey you must be in Charleston. We were in Beaufort for three yrs. Hubby is a AO E-7. We loved SC. We would have stayed but when hubby made cheif we had to move. We wanted to come here to Japan and we love it. My husband has been on carriers and gator freightors. Your hubby will explain. I would love to give support as a navy wife and a weight loss friend. The navy has been good to us. remember you are worth it.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #4  

Yes I love it here also, the support sounds great! how would you like to do it? we could do daily or weekly check-ins if that sounds good to you, we will say what we ate for the day and what exercise (if any) we did for the day or if you have any other suggest. Im open to anything just gotta get this weight off for good!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:50 AM   #5  

I think that sounds great. I bought a cd player and music and I am heading for the gym after dinner. Remember we are 13 hrs ahead. I took ff sour cream and 98% fat free cream of mushroom and cooked chicken in it and i am having japanese rice. My hubby is doing this too, which is nice. I had an eggsalad sandwhich for breakfast and a chicken sandwhich for lunch. I am trying new recipes almost everynight. Hope you had a great day,stay strong and remember what it feels like to be fit.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:45 AM   #6  

Hello ladies!
Just poking my head in to say good luck on your weight loss journey and how proud I am of our military families! Anytime you'd like to come by and say hello, feel free to stop at "Slimming Royals to Solstice"....

Kaylets
Old 06-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #7  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

I figured I would stop in and say heya! My dh is an E5 in the Navy and currently on shore duty. He is in a locked rate tho "GSM" and it talking to the NCO about the blue to green program for transferring to the Army. I know they if he gets what he wants, he'll be shipped off to Iraq but I still support whatever he wants to do.

We have 2 boys, 5 & 1 1/2 and are currently in FL.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #8  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki in Okinawa
Hi All,
I am pretty new at this. I am a 19 year military wife
Talk about confusing LOL I thought you meant you were a 19yo Chief's wife LMAO.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  

lol Me too at first
Old 06-18-2005, 05:51 AM   #10  

Ya'll made me and hubby laugh so hard. I said baby you wish I was 19. I married him when I was 18 and I am 37. August 2 will be 19.
Kaylets thank you for the support.Fl_ mom, welcome. We were in Jax twice. It was hot there. We are from Ga. so I should have been used to it.Where are you in Fl?
We went sight seeing today and I am so proud of me. When we are out it is hard to find good food to eat that I like. We went to a restaurant on base and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. I had a LC spaghetti dinner. I am off to the gym again tonight. I am so sore today. I will skip on Sunday. It is still raining here.
Talk to ya lighter later
Old 06-18-2005, 01:14 PM   #11  
Keeper of the Cheerios

My dh was 17 (I was 20) when we got married. Our 7yr anniversary is August 8 and it doesn't seem like it's been that long.

We are in Jax/Mayport. We used to live on base but decided we didn't need the drama associated with it. Before this we were in Everett, Wa and we left there because we hated the weather. I miss the area now though, especially seeing the mountains from my living room window.

We are going to either try and stay here or if DH moves to the army, we will request Kentucky (we are both from ohio). DH keeps saying he wants to live here in FL when he gets out of the military but when he found out we might be able to go to Kentucky, I saw him trying to hide his excitement. I know we'll never live overseas, with DH's job we will never have to and he doesn't want to go.

I am making low carb beef stroganoff for my dinner, spaghetti squash instead of noodles.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #12  

Tell all the hubby's happy father's day. Well it is already sunday for us. I am not exercising today. 6 days a week is plenty. Tomorrow is weigh in day.
I can't wait till I have lost about 30. I think that is when you can really tell.
fl_mom we lived on base in jax so I know what you mean. After 19 yrs I have learned to be picky in whom I spend my time with. My sister in-law just bought a house there and her hubby retired from the navy.They were stationed there before and they decided to come back and retire. She said jobs are hard to find and they hate it there. I told her to give it two yrs.When we were younger we swore we would never go overseas. When the boys were young our mothers would have been so upset if we would have taken the kids overseas. We asked to come here. One for the money and two for the experience. We love it. The boys love it. Now my friend is in Italy and she hates it. Everyone who had been here before told us they loved it. I now know why.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:12 PM   #13  

Weigh in day and I am down 6pds. I can't believe it. I could do this forever. No dieting.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #14  
Keeper of the Cheerios

6lbs, woo hoo! I am down 3 lbs but that was just weight I put on over a few days so I am back down to my ticker weight LOL I have been cheating and I am not proud of it but I am motivated to stay with the south beach diet since I have been seeing results.

I can tell that I have lost weight but I don't think that anyone else can. I can't tell when I look in the mirror yet but I notice the differece when I put on certain clothes. I am down at least 1 size, maybe 2 but I don't know. I was wearing a size 18 in jeans and a few weeks ago I was wearing a 16. Only 1 pair of my 16's fit me though so I will have to try some more clothes on to see if there is anything else I can wear that I couldn't before.

mom2nicolenmatthew - how are you doing? The kids are probably keeping you busy with not enough sleep lol Believe it or not, I miss those days.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #15  

Hello everyone!

I, too am a military wife! US Navy and proud! We currently live in Norfolk, Virginia. My husband is an OS 1. I have been on the waiting list for the Gastric Bypass operation for nearly two years and my time is finally drawing near! YAY!! I have my pre-op appointment on July the 1st and should find out on that day my actually operation date. I am so very excited! Ohh and ready! Has anyone else had this operation and if so how did it go for you? Looking forward to getting to know you all. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like. I love pen pals!
Closed Thread