Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Unhappy I need some help, support, advice, GRR!

Well, I've been unemployed now for about 5 months. My fiance has been supporting me all this time. It's impossible to find a job and it's got me really down.
Since I've lost weight, my doctor lowered the dose of my meds (I'm bi-polar) and now I think I may have to increase it again. I'm super depressed, have TONS of anxiety, and my moods are constantly up and down.
This weather is also killing me...I wake up every morning with a sinus headache and it lasts all day.
So, here's my dilemma...I can't get myself motivated to do my hard cardio anymore. I've been walking/jogging some days, but I'm not exercising as much as I should. I do my strength training 3 days a week, if that. I've just really been slacking.
I can't exercise when I have a sinus headache....I get all dizzy and light-headed. So, that's another reason why I've been slacking.
I feel like I'm shorting myself, like I'm not doing what I should.
I'm sticking to my "diet" and I'm still losing 1-2 pounds a week, but I don't know what to do about exercising. I should be doing MORE!! I just can't get motivated.
Any advice? I'm really getting upset about it.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

First off, great job on your weight loss so far!!

Can you ask your doctor for some kind of allergy medicine? (I assume allergies is why you are having sinus headaches.) Flonase has worked really well for me to get rid of congestion and sinus headaches.

Studies have shown that exercise helps reduce the effects of depression, so that might be another motivation to exercise. My bf has had a history (and family history) of depression, but as long as he works out three times a week he's fine. Maybe that could be some extra motivation for you? That if you exercise, you know you will feel better?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #3  

Thing is, even if I exercise, it doesn't help the depression and anxiety. I mean, my body feels good afterwards, but my mind still goes. Took a LONG walk with my fiance yesterday and came home more depressed than I was when we left! That's why I'm having trouble.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:27 AM   #4  

I know how you feel. I just graduated college with my 3rd degree (finally my bachelors) after being in college for 7 years. ... I am unemployed now, my husband supports us. I have been looking for a job and going to interviews. But on most days.. I feel so depressed, just want to sleep. I was motivated on Monday to go all healthy eating and such... but the exercise is not forth coming. Like everything is in a haze or some sort of depression. :shrugs: I get frequent headaches/migraines too, and when I feel one of those coming on, it seems like the day is just a waste at that point because I have to try and fend it off.

Your weight loss inspires me though.
winged_kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #5  

Hi Siren, I'm sorry to hear your down... I am just coming out of "the dark" so to speak. What I found that helps me is that I'm very conscious of my internal dialogue and noticed that I was sending myself so many negative messages and focusing on worrying about things outside of my control. Listen to what you are saying to yourself ...and when you start to dwell on negative self deprecating thoughts and worries, try to banish them and replace them with constructive positive messages..And be kind to yourself, set smaller goals to help you get over this hump and give you small victories. You've come such a long way to slip back into old habits... and perhaps you should talk to your doc about your dosages....

As for a job, what kind of work do you do? can you look for something that fits your skill set but in a different type of work.
I hope this helps Siren ( I love your name, I love old cemeteries.. My friends and I make it a point to visit them when we do road trips.. In fact I'm looking at one on my entertainment center of 6 of us surrounding this old very cool tombstone. You strike me as someone who likes old B/campy Horror flicks tooo.. )

Sending you hugs and a big smile too
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
I hope this helps Siren ( I love your name, I love old cemeteries.. My friends and I make it a point to visit them when we do road trips.. In fact I'm looking at one on my entertainment center of 6 of us surrounding this old very cool tombstone. You strike me as someone who likes old B/campy Horror flicks tooo.. )
Yes, I'm ENTHRALLED with old cemetaries!! Whenever my fiance' and I go out somewhere, I'm always keeping an eye out for the old ones. There's actually a super old one near me that's pretty much abandoned...you have to take a path in the woods to get there. If you want to check them out, I have a lot of my photographs here http://shunasazzee.deviantart.com

And yes, I LOVE old B/campy horror flicks! Actually I love any horror flick. My fiance' is even more of a fanatic than I am...I've seen movies that I've never even heard of since we've been together!!

Thanks again!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

While it's much slower paced, it's still good exercise. You might want to try yoga. That can help with both getting your exercise and with relaxing the mind.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #8  

Sire, YOU ARE SOOO TALENTED! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR PICS. I've been to RAUB'S cemetary.... There's a cool cemetary in East Gibson (past Scranton) I'll be visiting some friends next week... If I have time, I may stopped and take a pic for ya...
Ahhh, The Gap! Can't wait for the weather to break - We do overnight canoe/camping every year there...
I really enjoyed your pictures, for some reason, I really like Phillipsburgs train tracks...
Really dig the Watcher!

Thanks for sharing - it was such a treat !
Char
Old 06-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #9  

P.S. I bet your fiancee would love going to Fangora's creepshow conventions. Lots of fun! Keep Feast on your radar..I think Its coming out in November. Looks like it has potential for cult status....

be good to yourself!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #10  

Ah, Jon has been to Fangoria conventions before! We've been meaning to go TWICE since we've been together. The first time we planned to go, we had no money. Second time, his grandmother passed away. So, maybe next time around.

New movie called Feast? What is it about?

Thanks for checking out my pics! Have you ever been to Laurel Hill Cemetery (I think that's the name) in Philly? I've driven past it before on my way to see concerts, but have never actually been inside of it. It looks so incredible!! I've been enthralled with old cemetaries ever since I saw the movie Nightbreed when I was 14!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:18 AM   #11  

Hi Siren, Been to Laurel, but at night... I have a group of friends that for Holloween we dress up and go to Masquerade parties. A few years back we went to one held in Philly's townhall building (We went as a Dead Wedding Party that year), so we decided to take some pics at a cemetary. I believe Laurel was it. The pics came out way too dark though. There are some cool ones out west too. In Colorado the stones aren't ornate, but have some insightful prose, or funny little poems on them. And, in Aruba/Martinique cemetaries are really BIG. Very Colorful - carribean "voodooish"!

A cheaper alternative to Fangoria is Chiller. They have weekend conventions here in Jersey every April (at the Sheraton in Secacus..) You can pick up so many cool posters- horror flicks and see some of the "greats". (eg Pinhead, Zachary, Leatherface, SexMachine...etc) . They also sponsor a Holloween party.. We went as B Movie characters (Mothra, Mothra Twins, Ed Wood, The Fly, Vampira, The Bugman, CatWoman, and the thing from Plan 9 from outerspace.. We won the group competition!)

Feast is supposedly a cross between I think Diner and Dawn of the Dead.. But there are elements of From Dusk till Dawn, and some other classics. ...
One of my favorites is called Black Christmas, its an old Canadian release..
(its like Don't answer the phone..but MUCH scarier!)... Well I could go on and on... What are some of your favorite horror flicks?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #12  

Black Christmas?!! Is that the one where the guy keeps whispering, "Agnes, it's me...Billy!" LOL I remember that one!!

Hmm...Fave horror flicks...that's gonna be some list!! Here we go:
NightBreed, Hellraiser 1, 2, and 4, Evil Dead, Dog Soldiers, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Dawn of the Dead (old and new!), Shaun of the Dead, Thirteen Ghosts, The Ring, Blair Witch Project, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Tourist Trap, Sante Sangre, The Haunting (the original), Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Motel ****, House of a Thousand Corpses, Candyman, all the Ginger Snaps movies, Prophecy, and the list goes on and on and on and on.... LOL
I have seen so many horror movies, it's not even funny. I'm totally desensitized! LOL
Old 06-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #13  

Default Horror flicks

Hi Siren.. Just got back from my GFs up past Scranton...Well we stopped at that cemetary I mentioned.. BUT we got stuck in some kind of weird tornado weather. We were pelted with hail stones so we scurried back to the car to wait it out. We hit a lull and high tailed it home. Saw a tree hit by lightening in her backyard - scary but very cool!
Man, I'd say you're up on your Horror flicks! You really jogged my memory...Motel **** WHAT A SCREAM - hilarious ! I can only add The exorcist, The Omen, The Hills have Eyes...
Hope all is going well with you!!
Char
Old 06-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Siren, do you think it would help you to start a new exercise routine? Maybe sign up for classes of some sort. My best friend has been taking belly dancing classes for about a year now and looks incredible. The toning in her abdomen is really amazing and she enjoys it, too. I've never done it but she says it's actually a decent workout. Maybe a new exercise video or something? Do you make sure to get some good, strong sunlight every day? I have noticed a huge improvement in my moods since the weather warmed up and I started taking my kids to the park almost every day. The sunlight really does help.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote