South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #1  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Talking Yes, its another newbie! :)

I have made a couple of posts, but failed to introduce myself.
I am a fan of FoxNews. One of the morning anchors has been raving about SBD since she had her baby and lost her weight. But her enthusiasm about it a few weeks ago struck a cord with me. So last Thursday, I was at the grocery store and saw the book on the book isle. I picked it up a read a little bit. On Friday, I read it far enough at work that everything Dr.A was saying was making sense. So I pledged to myself to start on Saturday. I am even trying to get my co-workers in on it. One said she had done the Atkins.(Finally convinced her this is not Atkins and she went and bought the book. She kept asking me how many carbs is that? I told you dont count carbs!) My family has a predispostion to diabetes. MY grandfather had it. My mom and I live together, and I was telling her about it. She said "If it works for you, I'll see." I have always been on the 'fluffy' side. So after I read the book, I was convinced.
I have been doing well. Let me tell you how I know. Hehehe
Last month at this time, I put on a pair of shorts I wore all the time last summer. My legs had gotten rounder(partly because of the gym) and I had no leg room in them. And they were tight on my tummy. Not the case last summer. TODAY!, I put them on, I not only have leg room, but after a while, it almost felt as if they might fall off. Not quite, but another few weeks and maybe. I made a post a few days agothat I was getting discouraged, but not anymore!!!!
And to top it all off, we had a manager's meeting today and lunch after. There were chips and dip, as well as chocolate cake and I didnt even want any of it. That shocked me more than anything. So after today between my shorts and lunch, I know I can do it and its working. Only 53lbs to go!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Wow! You sound pumped up and ready to lose! lol Welcome (officialy) to the sand!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:04 PM   #3  

welcome welcome welcome!!! This is a super place and I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting as much as we all do!!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #4  

Welcome and good luck! I just started too.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:54 AM   #5  
Arianna

Woo hoo! Congratulations! I'm new here also and know that this works. The book makes so much sense to me too. My whole family is watching me to see if this works. I was home for Memorial Day and passed up all the baked stuff, homemade breads and really didn't feel deprived or crave any of the stuff. I had to stop myself from reaching for some of it, but more out of habit than actual hungrer or craving. I pass on stuff all the time at work and it truly doesn't bother me.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:04 AM   #6  

Welcome Gals!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 06:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up another newbie too!

Hey, I just wanted to know what book are ya'll talking about. I just joined and this site is great.

Last edited by Vicki in Okinawa; 06-05-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:52 AM   #8  

Hi Vikki and WELCOME !!!
I believe the the book is Ths South Beach Diet , by Arthur Agatston,MD. Also there is a companion guide called The south beach diet Good Fats, Good Carbs Guide.. Pick up both if your interested... And visit the thread for Newbies. The moderators have posted P1 foodsm great recipes etc...
Lots of support on this site... Welcome,and post to the daily thread so we get to know ya!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, girls!
You'll find lots of great info here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Dive right in!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #10  
Tina

Awesome! welcome aboard...you sound very excited and ready to go, good luck!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Welcome!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome Vicki!
Closed Thread