South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #1  

Unhappy 1st Week in Phase 2 and Worried!

Okay, so this is my first week in Phase II, and the scale has gone up almost two pounds. The only thing I've done is add fresh strawberries to my yogurt, and I've been careful to measure just one cup, and just one time per day. My diet has remained fairly constant, with the exception of the strawberries.

Does this ever happen where someone can lose weight on Phase I, but not on Phase II?

Should I ditch the strawberries before I gain back all 7 pounds? I'm starting to really worry...

Help!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I would give your body time to adjust. Do it for a week and see what happens. You can not live on Phase 1 forever (sans fruit and bread, etc). And I know weight loss in Phase 2 is slower.

I've never made it to P2 so I can't tell you swo I defer to the ladies who've been on the beach longer...
Old 06-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #3  

I'm not sure what to tell you. I didn't gain but I'm stuck at the same weight. Are you getting enough water? I noticed that I had slacked off. I started with oatmeal. In part because I was tired of eggs I don't know if it matters but are you eating the strawberries late at night. Sorry but I've never really stayed on phase 2 for a full week before.

Lydia
Old 06-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #4  

I'm eating the strawberries with a little yogurt with my dinner. I eat it with dinner because I was trying to balance it out with protein from the rest of my dinner.

Do you think it has to do with timing?

Lydia, when you say you've never stayed on Phase II for a week, what do you mean? Do you have some Phase I days and some Phase II days? I wonder if I should go every other day to begin?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #5  
Cat Lover

I've read that a yogurt should be counted as a carb?! So maybe the yogurt is at fault!

Sandi
Old 06-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #6  

Even plain, low-fat? I guess that makes sense, it does have 19 carbs per serving. Maybe this is where I'm going wrong. I was eating the yogurt in Phase I, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw some berries in for Phase II.

Hmmm, I never thought of that...

Thanks for the input Sandi.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #7  

I would keep doing what you are doing but make sure you are getting enough water. It is normal to vary by several pounds based on the time of the month and what you have eaten and been drinking.

I doubt it is the yogurt. I normally have 2 containers of yogurt of day and several servings of fruit and it hasn't hurt my weight. Take a look at whether you are getting 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day. When I slack off on my vegetables is when I gain.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #8  
Cat Lover

Thanks Barb! I'm glad I love veggies. I never realized you need to really eat alot to force the weight loss.

Barb: wow to your weight loss!

SANDI
Old 06-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #9  

I'm pretty good about getting my veggies in, but I haven't been so good about the water for the last couple days. I'll drink more tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks chicks!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE2C135
Lydia, when you say you've never stayed on Phase II for a week, what do you mean? Do you have some Phase I days and some Phase II days? I wonder if I should go every other day to begin?
Nope, I mean I get off track. Totally! I'm into my second week of phase 2 now. Timing does make a difference. Several years ago I read I study which validated the "don't eat close to bed time" theory.

How did you do today?
Lydia
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #11  

This morning the scale was better. It was 188.4, so part of it must have been a water thing. So, it's only a .4 gain. I guess I was just hoping for a continued loss.

I guess it's time for more exercise.

Thank you guys for all your great support and advice. I really appreciat it!
Closed Thread