Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-02-2005, 08:48 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Computerized Weight Machines

My friend has started going to a gym in town that has computerized weight equipment. She had a strength test on her first visit, and they put her on a program. She keys in a pin number at the machines, and it tells her what exercises to do at which weight, and it also tells her if she is lifting too fast. Every couple of weeks she visits with a trainer that adjusts her weights to keep her lifting at an optimal weight.

Has anybody used these, and what is your opinion? I don't want to join the gym in town that has this equipment - long story. The gym I do want to join doesn't have it, but they will in February when they open up a new facility. I think this sounds GREAT and I don't know whether it is worth it to join the gym that I don't like... what a dilemma!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Wow I've never heard of that, so I have no clue what to tell you Jen, sorry
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #3  
Meg

News to me too. Hmmm ... I'm curious whether it works in practice as well as in theory ... if you try it, you definitely need to give us a review.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #4  
Mel

I've never seen them either...but in addition to upping the weight, she needs to change exercises, too.

(It sounds reeeaaaallllyyy boring)

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

My gym in Tennessee had some of these. They got rid of them because they were not real popular, people didn't like the workout and it was boring going so
S - L - O - W!!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Maybe it's just a Tennessee thing, Tiki! I'm not too sure about it...I'm going to visit both gyms this weekend and see what I think. Thanks for your advice!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Definitely check it out. The ones at the gym in Tennessee were there in the early 90s. I amsure the technology has improved.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:34 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi!

My gym here in the UK has these computerised machines - your trainer programmes the weight you should lift, no of reps and sets and rest time into a computer, then you are given a 'key' which you plug into the machine and it says 'welcome amanda - begin exercise'. It's good to remind me of what weight to set it at and if I lose count. On the cardio machines it tells me how many calories I've burned according to my exact weight. It also records how many you do and gives you a record over time - it's pretty cool really. The only thing is that it KNOWS if you haven't done a full workout and says 'you have not finished your workout, are you sure you want to quit!'

JENNIFER - IMO they are cool but it's not worth joining a gym just for them - they are good but not THAT good!

Love Amanda x

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 06-10-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote