Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #1  

Question Easy Shaper and walking

My easy shaper came today. I need to start toning my body and after reading reviews and getting some reviews on the WW boards I ordered the easy shaper. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I am going to walk for 20-30 minutes and do the video that comes with the easy shaper (For Women Only).

I will keep you all posted.

I can't decide between the WW Flex, WW Core and South Beach Diet. I think they all have pro's and con's.

Suggestions??
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #2  

Gina - there is not anyone doet that is right for everyone. We are all different and will respond to different eating plans. The three you have chosen are all sound, balanced plans, so that is a great start. What do you see as the pros and cons of each? Sit down and make a list - that may give you a clue which is right for you. If nothing jumps out, try them each for a limited amount of time.

In my opinion WW Flex is great to understand the ideas of accountability for each calorie in/out and portion control. South Beach is great for reducing sugars and processed foods and understanding good vs bad carbs and fats. WW Core is a nice balance betwen the two - eat whole, unprocessed quality food most of the time and learn how to limit those foods with lower nutrition.

Be sure to include exercise with what ever you decide to do - the Easy Shaper is a great way to start. Also begin thinking about adding some strength training into you program. This is the three-prong apporach many of us are following: clean eating, cardio and strength training. Check out the Exercise and Ladies Who Lift (LWL) sections for more ideas. Keep us posted!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #3  

Thank you Ellen!! I appreciate your input. I have given it some thought and I think I am going to go with the flex plan. I really need to work on my portions. I have thought about using core or SBD because I am hypothyroid and I have read a lot about the benefits of getting out the white (especially for helping my thyroid). When I try either of those though I think about food all of the time and eat too much.

I have given up soda and most sugar so I am making some great changes.

The easy shaper is for toning. In the past I pushed myself too hard when it comes to exercise. I try to do the hardest workouts and end up burning out--giving up. I think the easy shaper is less intense and more gradual. I am going to give it a try. I also love to walk! Before I didn't think walking was enough. I am changing my view on that. The best exercise is the exercise I will do! If I dread it I wont do it for long.

I am babbling. Thank you for the input! Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO
The best exercise is the exercise I will do! If I dread it I wont do it for long.
BINGO! You are well on your way. Understanding the only plan that works is the plan that is right for you is half the battle!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #5  

Does The Easy Shaper Really Really Tone Up, Or Is It A Joke.
Iliette is offline   Reply With Quote