Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-03-2005, 12:56 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #141

Did you ever get so tired you didn't really care if you did anything or not? I've been like that all week. I haven't gotten much of anything done. Just get up and sit right back down. I've got to take the puppy to the groomers at 10 in the morning and then get some shopping done. I haven't been grocery shopping (for us) in 2 weeks. I've also got to try to find something to wear to hubby's class reunion tomorrow night. It's supposed to be 'casual' so at least I don't have to dress up. I guess I'll try to find some dress pants but I have so much trouble finding pants that are long enough. I may just try to find a long sleeve shirt and some shoes to go with some pants I already have. It's supposed to be warm but it's a dinner in the new high school and I'm sure it will be plenty cool. There's going to be live entertainment, too ... from 6:30 'till 10:30. I dread it so ... I hate stuff like that! But ... he really wants to go and we've already paid $40 for dinner so I guess we'll have to go!

I'll just load up on Darvocet and maybe I won't care!!! Heck ... if I take enough maybe I won't even remember it!!!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:43 AM   #2  

Some early spring flowers..my chives are blooming now..we need rain bad!!!!!

Made a strawberry pie tonight..yum..burnt my finger too..ouch. Always doing that.

Meme...Go back and read your other post..that will tell you why you have no get up and go.....it already got up and went! I do not go to public funcitons..too much pain for me to handle and crowds make very anxious! have fun if you can...you will be the youngest looking one there!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:32 AM   #3  

I know ... that's another reason I don't want to go ... people are always asking me questions about that. At the funeral one man we knew 40 years ago in MI asked my husband what happened to him. He told me on the way home the man said, isn't that your wife playing the organ. When he said yes the man said, she didn't get any older ... so what happened to you? I told someone just the other day I was a witch ... & witches don't age!

Here's a pic. of some of my flowers out in front of my house.

Last edited by MemeToo; 06-03-2005 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:30 AM   #4  

Good morning-if I sent you a pic of my garden, it would be mulch. Got most of that down and will buy plants tomorrow-finally through work-3 days only-yeah !!!! Now I need to recover. Have IBS-I think it;s from asparagus-my favorite vegetable. Meme-it's ok to be tired after all that. Candice-KIS-keep it simple-of course there is also kiss!!! Gonna try to get on the site for the baby showere I am going to in 2 weeks. I'll look for something and then buy it at Walmart!!! And tell the girl to take it off her list! We don't have a babierus near here. Or do we? Brad will take me when we do our big shopping. I hate the highway to get there so he takes me and helps pick out the food-yeah like the potato salad and coleslaw with 18 grams of fat-not again!! Bye for now, Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #5  

Default Hey There

The only time we see robins are when they are on their way back north...They make a big mess on my front patio every year.. We used to have pepper trees and they would eat the berries till they couldn't fly.. We got rid of them as they killed everything under them.. They are outlawed but they are still around.
Meme- Take time for yourself... Go to the reunion and have a good time.. You are lucky your hubby will do things. My hubby only wants to sleep and watch tv. I make him go out to walmart and stores he then just sits and waits for me to go home..I am at my wits end...
Hello everybody..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #6  

Well, the reunion is over. It was freezing in there and I was totally miserable the whole 3 1/2 hours. I'm aching all over from being so tense and I wore long sleeves in anticipation of the airconditioning. There were 9 tables of 8 and the food was good but it was in the school cafeteria and the tables were round with metal 'stools' with NO BACKS!!! And the first HOUR we all just stood up (on a concrete floor) and moved from group to group talking. The the last hour was more of the same. The last 30 minutes one woman I knew (I used to teach her son piano) just gave it up ... left our husbands on their own and sat down and talked. They had a group to play and sing the last hour and a half and they were so loud you couldn't even talk. The decorations consisted of a few white posters someone had printed Reunion 2005 on with a black marker and sat in some chairs in the hall and a little pot of flowers on each table that they gave away to the person with a piece of tape on their stool at the end of the meal. One of the graduates owns the largest nursery in town and provided the centerpieces. Another is the Principle of the middle school. There were several with Dr. degrees. They had them all stand up and tell what they had done for the past 20 years. My hubby (as always) played his life down ... said he was still a 'tool maker' and lived close by. Told about his kids and grandchildren and said it was good to see everyone. I was proud of him for not bragging like everyone else did. He didn't say anything about managing the tool shop or the business he started ... just that he was still a tool maker. He probably makes more money than most of them but you'd never know by talking to him! TWO OF THEM SAID THEY WERE IN THE CIA - HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!

Nika went to the groomers today and got ribbons in her hair. Isn't she a doll?
Old 06-04-2005, 06:39 AM   #7  

Good morning-I guess you will have to be in charge of the reunion Meme-certainly doesn't sound great. And cold to boot!! Hey Joanne-I ran over a robin going home from work-thought he would fly away. We have tons of them!! Candice-now I am in trouble buying a present. If I took my advice to keep it simple, I would buy a gift certificate becaise there is no store near here. I also have the bright idea to make a baby poncho and then I will have to make another one for the sister who is pregnant also but not having a shower. She had a huge one 2 years ago for her first child. Why do we worry about silly things. I do love these girls though, so that makes it easier. Going to eye docs this morning=both of us. I want a prescrip for eye drops to cure dry eye. Then we need to go to Walmarts to buy more mulch and FLOWERS!!! Are you out of school Tammy? I had such a burst of energy yesterday because I don't have to go back to work-I even dusted!! Bye for now Mima
Old 06-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Meme- Sorry you didn't have such a good time.. I get cold easy too. I should remember to take a jacket with me when I go out. Good for your hubby. I wonder about people who feel they have to brag about how important they think they are, or how much money they think they have..What a cutie your new puppy is..
Mima- Gift certificates are good... Safe too.. I never know what people like or if they already have more than they need of a product I may buy..My new daughter-in-law has a birthday this month. That is what she will get..She can go get something she wants.
It is hot down here. Rain all around us.. Not on us!Hubby says our turn will come. Yeah! I won't hold my breath.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #9  

My kids gave me gift certificates for my BD this year and I'm sooooo grateful. Red Lobster and the movies ... YEAH!!! Much better than something else to hang on the wall or sit on a table ... no room left!

I'm hurting so bad I can barely move. Muscles AND bones both. It's so hot here you can't breathe!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 AM   #10  

Meme..... I hate it when all the people get up and brag..one reason I will not go..but of course I didn't like the people in my class back then so why should I go see them now???? I ran with kids older and younger than me, not sure why but I did! Your Nika is just so cute! In the picture you emailed me did you have her standing ont he dinning room table?????? Your flowers are pretty..are those peonies? Hot here too....gonna be in the 90's...my lettuce will bolt!

Mima...take a picture of your flowers when you get them planted! I still have not decieded on a gift, was waiting to hear back from the future MIL on what the gal likes.

Joanne...your hubby sounds a lot like mine! No rain here and it is getting really dry, they say if no rain comes this week it will hurt the crops. I'm dragging two hoses around daily and several watering cans! My tumm stilhurts form the surgery but is getting better. I think I am over doing in the lifting department though.

Last edited by Candicej; 06-06-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #11  

Good morning-Candice, you don't want to see my flowers-I just try to put some color in front of the house. I had to get some more impatients for under the tree. They take a while but by the end of the summer they will grow. I should take a pic of the yard across the street-It's gorgeous. And they put an inground pool in their back yard and that's gorgeous too. But they spend all their time in the yard.
I went to Walmart and found a pattern for a baby ponch made with baby eyelash yarn-it's adorable and so quick! One piece is already done and I need to make the other half. I bought the same for the other girl, only a different color. Those girls will be together all the time. Talked to my step grandaughter-she is so happy to be graduating from high school. I know she wants me to go so I may go with her father. It's over the border of MA in Woonsocket RI. Her mother only went as far as the 8th grade. Now she wants to go to Beauty School so I am going to help her with some of her grandfather's money. But she can't go til she is 18 and that is in Dec. So I told her she has to get a job. She lived with me for a while-that poor kid-she has been through so much. And she listens to me a little. So we will see. Mima-we are supposed to get some rain today.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:34 PM   #12  

When I went to bed last night I had such big plans for today. I was going to get soooo much done. Here it is after 11 a.m. and I haven't done hardly anything. I HURT! (therefore I am!) When is this pain going to end? I can't move without something hurting. I have so much I need to do ...

The flowers are rhododendrons and azaleas with one lonely pink rose growing straight up at the side which I have to keep cut back every month or it would grow as tall as the house. The whole front of my house is swamped with flowers and shrubs like that. Sometimes I wish I could just dig them all up and start fresh! They're pretty when they are in full bloom, though. (But they are a pain to keep trimmed back!) Sometime, when hubby has the yard mowed and the weed eating done AND the shrubs all trimmed AT THE SAME TIME ... I'll make a picture (IF that ever all happens at once!)

Yes ... Nika was on my table. We don't ever eat on that lace table cloth ... too hard to laundry. And the table is washable. (We only eat at the table about once a month when we have company!) Besides ... she had just been carried in the door from the groomers ... how dirty could a little puppy be???
Old 06-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #13  

Nika is so cute!!!! The reunion doesn't sound like much fun. I hope Bob's is better. I hope they at least have backs on their chairs, or I might walk down the street to McDonalds and hang out. lol

School is officially out. I am out of the 2nd grade room, and all of my stuff is in the 4th grade room. Tim and I worked in there this morning putting things in lockers. It all has to be off of the floor so they can clean the room over the summer. I want to be completely out of there by Friday. Wish me luck!!

I love receiving gift certificates. I also love giving them. I want the people to get what they want, not what I think they might want.

It has been so hot here too. We've had no rain. The crops are going to dry up and die if it doesn't rain soon.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:20 AM   #14  

Good morning-I am sore!!! I finished my impatients and then it rained-yeah, I am sorry that you guys haven't had rain. I called Jessica last night and she was happy still. That poor girl has always sounded depressed!!!I am going soliciting for the Church Fair. People have been generous in the past!!!Bye for now. Mima
Old 06-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #15  

GOOD MORNING

Is a CONTRADICTION in terms!

We have rain! LOTS of rain. Yesterday - today - and supposed to have more every day this week! OUCH! Big thunder storm last night and they are predicting more of the same tonight. Our power goes off almost every time, too. One thing about Tennessee ... if you don't like the weather just stick around ... it'll change!

I've decided to take next month off from teaching. I'm so tired of doing EVERYTHING. Too much. I need a break. I'm going to have Ross and Jenna from June 28 to July 2 (we have a reunion that Sat so that means I'll have to take both kids with me - oh joy!) ... then there's the 4th. Plus we have vacation week in there ... we'll be gone from the 17th to the 21st. Then I'll have to get ready for the fair ... hubby has rented 2 spaces for trailers this year so I'll have to get everything ready to set up for that. I'm going to have to order a lot more pencils and stuff and make a lot of flyers to hand out for advertisement. And then come up with some kind of drawing ... AND just being up there every night kills me! I just can't handle it all anymore. We're going to AL this coming Sat. and then to NC for the decoration where my brother is buried the next weekend from Fri. 'till Mon. Anyone want to trade lives with me until the summer is over? Some day I'll be sitting in my rocker with nothing to do looking back on these days with fond memories!

NOT