Old 06-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #1  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Non-scale Victories for June

Okay, so mine is slightly a scale victory...

A woman that I work with and I started losing at about the time. She had 'the surgery' 2 months ago. Well we were compairing losses and she's lost a total of 52 pounds (including since her surgery) and I've lost 57!

Ha! So I'm better than the surgery! (so far anyway)!!! Yeah, I'm a little jealous that her's will be a quicker route, but I'll stay healthier in the long run.
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I wore a skirt on a warm sunny day in Greece. I walked up and down hills and round town. I didn't even have a tiny bit of rubbing redness on my inner thighs. That hasn't happened since I was about 12.

I was so happy I nearly cried
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #3  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Good victories! Sara, that's cool...I know Howie's always so pleased to be able to reply to the "oh, did you have the surgery?!" question with, "no, I did it on my own". Good feeling, especially when you've lost 200+ pounds, I bet.

YP1, I can imagine your joy. Your post brought back baaad memories of band camp, big thighs, polyester shorts, and 100° humid summer weather. That. Was. Torture.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #4  
Short and Round

Wow Great Going Sara!!!!! Excellent Job!

YP1.. I know what you mean.. and unfortunately for another 50lbs I'm sure I will continue to know what you mean

Great Job to both of you!

My mini NS victory is 120 oz water yesterday and so far 80 oz water today.. and I LOATHE water! lol

Amanda
ajwings2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #5  

This is a big one...

Let's call it "The liquid bleach incident"

Tonight, while sorting my clothes before i place them in the washing machine, i accidentally spilled some liquid bleach on my jeans. Since they now have a big white spot on them, i went to the retail store to get new ones....

First little surprise: i now wear 38' size pants but tried some 36' whell, they are tight, but i can attach them....see you in 3 months 36' size jeans.

And then came the BIG surprise. While i was at the store, i looked around for summer shirts, as my wardrobe is kind of empty in terms of summer clothes....i found this nice shirt...i tried the X-Large one and i was litteraly floated in it....No!!!!! this can't be....!!!!! i tried the same shirt but in large size and it fit perfect

I cannot remeber thel;ast time i was able to wear large size shirts, but it was probably in my early teens....A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sara, that is wonderful! Congratulations on your incredible loss!

YP1, I know exactly what you mean. How great you must have felt--both physically and emotionally!

Amanda, getting the water in is truly a great victory. Keep it up!

Frenchiepolarbear, how great is that! I bet you were totally psyched. When do we get to see photos?

Today when I went to water aerobics, I picked the L-sized float belt as usual, and realized how much strap there was to tuck in. I thought to myself, maybe I should try the M size. I've been avoiding doing that because I didn't want to embarass myself when it didn't fit. Well, it fit just fine so it's M for me from now on.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG on the NSVs.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Two, count 'em TWO people told me I was losing weight yesterday!!!!!!

Can you teel the difference faster on someone who is short or something?? I'm 5'0
and I've only lost thirteen pounds...so I was really shocked and INCREDIBLY pleased to hear that!

I also fit into a pair of size 16 dress pants that I couldn't before! But..a size 16 from a plus sized store is a lot bigger than a regular 16 I think, 'cause the 16 jeans I have won't fit for sure!!

Plus, 8.5 inches overall!

These are my first NSV'S since I joined....YAY!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Everyone's doing so well!! I'm really proud of you guys. I always love this thread.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #10  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I have another one. Yesterday I ran 5k quicker than I ever have before (33 minutes). But that wasn't the best bit. I didn't stop. I carried on running! I made it to 7k before stopping and cooling down for another 500m. I jogged the last two slower, but it definitely wasn't a walk. I'm now feeling more confident that I can make it to 10k before the charity run I've got pencilled in for November.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #11  
...toward a better me!

Wow, YP! That's impressive! I want to be YOU when I grow up!!

Mine is small, but I was pleased neverthertheless-- I added 5 extra minutes to my elliptical time today! I almost fell getting off because my legs were like noodles, but I would have been a happy heap on the floor...
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Dang, that's a long way -- wow! Cecily, I've never used an eliptical yet. Call me chicken, LOL. I need to ask someone at the YMCA to show me how to use it and where to set everything.

We worked out in the yard yesterday and I marveled at how I was sore today, but not devestated like I once would have been. My feet don't hurt terribly from walking now, either. It's amazing how a body can recover from years of abuse. I can't imagine carrying those 56 pounds I've lost for 20 feet, let alone all day long now.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #13  
Dream Big!

Last night we ordered pizza for dinner....a common, once-a-week occurrence. However, as I was ordering it, I realized I wasn't actually in the mood for pizza but rather their grilled chicken salad with my own Newman's Lt. balsamic dressing sounded better.

In 43 years, that was the first time a pizza & I had been in the same room without me diving in and I was more than o.k. with it! I even helped serve it throughout the meal and wasn't even tempted. Shocked the out of my DH and sons too!
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

That is NO small feat BarbaraAnn! Pizza is one of my biggest downfalls, too.
You should be really proud of that one!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #15  
...toward a better me!

Gardenwife-- I'm a total gym-equipment idiot, but the ellipse is really easy, you should try it! You can actually just get on and start pedaling (or churning, or whatever you'd call that motion). I did that for a while until I figured out the gizmos etc. It's super easy on the joints, but I swear it kicks your keester. I could walk on a treadmill for over an hour, but when I first got on the ellipse I was gasping after 5 minutes. It's fun though (did I just say that?)!

On another non-NSV note, I went to a birthday party for my dad today, made an Amaretto Mousse Pie (didn't lick the beaters) and didn't have any! I was very proud of myself. I believe in the idea that you shouldn't deny yourself anything in small quantities, but it's not my favorite dessert (it's his) so I figured it wasn't worth the calories... Yay!

Kudos on the pizza-conquering, Barbara Ann! That's downright heroic in my book!
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote