View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
mooz49
Mooz

Default Movin' And Losin' Part 17

Hi chicks ....... I hope you had no trouble finding us.
Here we are on June 1 2005. I am feeling fat and miserable and this new start is just what I need. In just less than 8 weeks I will be 54 years old and still I am trying to get rid of this extra 14 pounds of fat. I have been trying for the last few years but still it stays there. I am carrying this extra weight around with me every day and it is such a stupid situation to be in. I could do everything with much more ease if I was 154 pounds instead of 168. I would also be much healthier. It is coming to the time of year when I cannot hide under a coat and I will have to walk with just a top and jeans. I feel so self-conscience when I am this much overweight.

So today is going to be the beginning of a new healthier me ....... how about you ladies ........ would you care to join me?

Anyone reading this is most welcome to join us ....... we love meeting new people and we need all the help we can get.

All those magazine articles about weight loss, which promise that you will drop a dress size in a few weeks are very seductive.

You know that, if you follow the plan to the letter, you will lose weight and because they generally include both a diet plan and an exercise routine you will become a little more toned too.

How many of those articles have you cut out and intended to follow? And how many have you actually stuck with?

Most are just too stringent to keep going for any more than a day or two. They are too much of a complete change in your life style. If you spent the next month to doing this for yourself, then you would probably succeed. But most of us have multiple demands on our time and energy, juggling families and work, with little time left to devote to an entirely new weight loss regime even for a few weeks.

And what happens after you drop a dress size, should you manage to keep going on this miraculous plan? Can you keep up the regime forever? Of course not - it's not designed for that. You're back to square one, eating as you always ate and doing about as much exercise as you did before, the very behaviour that caused you to gain weight in the first place. You'll gain all the weight back again and fast.

So what can you do instead? For those of you who live a normal busy life, set yourself up for success in the long term, by introducing only a single small change or two at a time.

Choose those things which you can easily incorporate in your life and which will give you a taste of how success feels - especially important when you've spent the last goodness knows how long not succeeding at more drastic weight loss plans.

And then go a little further. Change a food habit here, add more activity there. Make gradual sustainable changes until you have the lifestyle which supports a naturally healthy, slim you for the long term.

You may find that you change your life style substantially over the coming months. You may even find it's not so far off that magazine lifestyle you want. But you will be changing in such a way that you stay within your comfort zone, stretching it a tiny bit each time you make a small change.
This is the way to sustain lasting changes - the difference between losing and gaining the same 10lbs for the rest of your life and being 10lbs lighter forever.

So the small changes I am starting with are:

I will stop nibbling at cheese, ham etc., when I am making DH and DS's lunches ........ strange I never nibble at the lettuce!!

I will eat less at suppertime as I seem to end up going to bed on a full tummy which is not at all good.

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by mooz49 : 06-01-2005 at 06:53 AM.
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote