Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-30-2005, 07:59 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Smile Exercise Accountability #8 May 30-June 5

Good Morning Everyone

What are the plans for the day for exercise?

For me this morning I will wash walls, then do legs at the gym , then some kind of cardio because I need to burn some big bad calories, food was not pretty on the weekend!!

NEXT!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Today was a leg day for me too. Got in an awesome workout. Food this weekend has been on point with the exception of a really good alcoholic frozen drink that just jumped down my throat without permission. I am cutting the grass today and moving boxes at the office so that will have to be cardio for today.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:56 AM   #3  

Okay I'm up bright and early and am now sitting at my desk after spending the last 45 minutes hauling the boxes I didn't move yesterday. I spent 2.5 hours working in my yard yesterday. I just couldn't make myself go inside, it was so pretty out. I cut the front, back and alley. Then I got out the hedge clippers and did my hedges and also cleared all the overgrowth off my fences, my neighbor's garage and my other neighbors fence. It looks so nice it was well worth the effort. Later on today, I have either a Billy Blanks date, or if I can swing it, a run at the high school.

Tiki.

Last edited by tikanique; 05-31-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:44 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

today I am biking to the gym and doing legs... Yesterday I ended up running to the gym so I didn't do legs did chest and tris...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:13 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

I'll be at the gym after work for legs and (wish they had an elliptical, which is actually what I'll be doing )
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:06 PM   #6  
Meg

Shoulders and cardio ( 20 bike and 15 treadmill). I didn't have a lot of time, so did supersets of front raises, side raises, upright rows, and overhead presses, times three.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:42 PM   #7  

Got in a 2 mile run. It was interesting - kind of like running, dodging little projectile missles, swerving around slower moving asteroid rock thingys and trying not to crash into the outer wall all at the same time. That's what I was imagining I was doing while running on a jam-packed local high school track.

Tiki.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique
Got in a 2 mile run. It was interesting - kind of like running, dodging little projectile missles, swerving around slower moving asteroid rock thingys and trying not to crash into the outer wall all at the same time. That's what I was imagining I was doing while running on a jam-packed local high school track.

Tiki.
What, where you running against the traffic of runners or what ?? Your post made me laugh...
Old 05-31-2005, 07:55 PM   #9  

Hi there Ilene,

Nope, I wasn't running against traffic but did consider it for a few minutes. At least that way I would be able to SEE the missles before they almost blew me into smithereens! The track was just superpacked!!!

Tiki.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:51 AM   #10  

Hi all
yesterday I did 6 kms on the treadmill
today I did 3 kms and UBW
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #11  

Hi all,

Legs are still beat up from Monday leg day and then the running yesterday so I skipped running this AM and did 30 minutes on the bike instead. Will get a shoulder workout in late this evening.

Tiki.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 AM   #12  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

My first weekend since dieting >_< So.. I kinda dissapeared for a few days. Well....what happened to me? I spent it in the emergancy room. My wonderful fiancee had locked the door on my hand (completely). Well, things worked out and im ok,. Stillhurts but im surviving. Then we went away to vermont! So My usual execised routine was out of the question (I wasent dragging my DDR on vacation). So we did alot of walking and swimming this weekend (heated outdoor pool!!!!). We took a nature hike through the mountains too -- spotted a lovely hawk (maybe ill post pictures).

Anyways, Today ill be back on track. I'll be upping my DDR routine today as well. 30 min routine this time. Then some free weights, and an ab workout.

--EDIT-- Ok so I changed my DDR routine. Instead of counting Calories, I changed it to minutes. So I did a little over 30 mins. (it still gives me a calorie burned amount though hehe). Finally... I thought something was wrong with me, but I finally feel the sweat running down my face. Sounds gross but its a great feeling. I've noticed that not too many people are very discriptive in this thread-- Well, I hope I can make each of my posts as motivating as possible Seriously its very hard for me to get up and exercise every morning, but I just think about what it benefits. Actually, I feel great after. I always heard about how people feel great after exercising, and I never believed it. But honestly i think its wonderful. knowing what Im actually doing for myself. Even though i started very slow (about 15 mins of cardio (not including rests, since im pretty out of shape) it still felt good to get moving. When I got used to it a little, I just push myself a little further

Last edited by LunaValkyrie; 06-01-2005 at 10:43 AM.
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #13  
The Supreme Potato

Yes! Accountability threads rule, now I remember why I'm here.

I didn't work out on Monday, it being a holiday and all -- that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Yesterday I started out by doing my usual elliptical trainer workout, which I usually do for an hour. I cut it short to 30 minutes and thought I'd see if I got a better DDR workout if I started when I my heart was already pumping pretty good.

Activity: Elliptical Trainer
Date: 05/31/05, Duration: 00:31:41
HR Average: 159, Kcal: 501

Activity: DDR
Date: 05/31/05, Duration: 00:43:50
HR Average/Max: 126/162, Kcal: 698

Yeah! That's my best DDR workout to date, in terms of calories burned, and average HR. Thanks for the DDR tip of having it count minutes instead of calories Luna, I'll give that a shot too. I really don't like the DDRMAX2 workout mode -- as it seems to not play songs back to back, which is what you think you'd want when working out. Kinda like it does in "continuous mode" which I like but is hard because the difficultity gets upped each time the song changes...

So as per your request for more descriptive workout posts, I don't have too much to add except what I listened to on my iPod while I worked out on the Elliptical. I find that drum heavy high BMP athems about the glory and necessity of struggle really work for me while working out. Heh, there isn't a lot of music in that category though, but I keep looking. Lately I find that a lot of music that is labled "jungle" or "drum and bass" are really nice to work out to. Yesterday I listned to a mix that includes samples from the excellent alblum "Facts and Fiction" by Asian Dub Foundation, "New Forms" by Ronni Size, and "The Deepest Cut" by Omni Trio. Fast, energizing, and positive, just what I need to get me through an hour (or in yesterday's case 30 minutes) of drudge.

spud
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #14  

It rains here. Third day in a row. So instead of biking 32 km/day I am driving to work - it is reall rain not showers (here in Vancouver we are not scared by showers, but rain is rain, you get wet completely just by getting from the door to the car).

Yesterday I thought that I will do some cardio at home - never happened, so I found an excuse that if God decided to cover us all in rain, he decided that I should take a break... Today it was raining so heavily that my wipers in the car could not clear windows - so i thought that God can not be so caring for me and I am on my way to the gym Upper body today and abs.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #15  
The Supreme Potato

Activity: Elliptical Trainer + DDR
Date: 06/01/05, Duration: 01:00:10
HR Average/Max 143/178, Kcal: 1220

I'm trying to find ways to make my 1hr elliptical workout way less boring, and thus more likely that I'll do it 5x per week. This time I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical listening to Green Day's "American Idiot", and then played DDR on "light" for 30 minutes. Not a bad workout.

spud
spud is offline   Reply With Quote