Afternoon person... takes a while for that coffee to kick in! 5 35.71%
Evening person... There's no stopping you around 6pm. 3 21.43%
Night owl: up till the wee hours every night. 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 08:32 AM   #1  
Proud Mama

Angry Monday Monday Monday

Just a quick post before I get down to business. I've promised myself I'm going to be productive today!

Switched from Suzanne Sommers to CAD (Carbohydrate Addicts Diet). Actually managed to stick to CAD for one whole day... I'll let you know if it works for me! I sound like one of those uncommitted people looking for a miracle cure... but hey, I've got to give it a try because for some reason I just can't stick to WW these days.

Sarah: Congrats on lifetime! Woohoo!

Ali: Jen had me cracking up with her "man" comment. I don't see it as a big deal that needs to be mentioned, but if you're concerned about it (like you have a secret or something) then why not just find a way to pull out some old pictures and then you'll have an opening for your discussion.

Jen: Glad you are feeling better! Do you live anywhere near Madison? Some good friends of mine are moving there next month... Love that town... Anyway, we'll probably visit next summer.

Ok, I've pulled 20 files to work on and I intend to FINISH them!
Old 07-23-2001, 09:05 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Oh, Monday Already!?!?!

Hello all. Well, on the poll, I am usually a late morning early afternoon person. When I was younger I was a night owl. Now that I am preg, I am able to get up better in the mornings but I go to bed earlyish. I must say, the second tri you do have TONS more energy. In the first tri, I was asleep moring, noon and really fast asleep by 7pm.

Ali: CONGRATS! on top sales!!! That is so great.

Janet: I am also going to be productive today. No, really I am. Good luck on the new plan. I know what you mean about just needing a change sometimes.

A while ago, someone asked about names for baby. We are still in negotiation...big time. But so far we are thinking about Emily,Clara, Olivia, Bridget or Parker, and well, that is it for boys right now.

Let me know your thoughts. Trish
Old 07-23-2001, 09:25 AM   #3  

Wink

Good morning ladies!!!

Kim ~ Good luck with your procedure, you will be fine. Listen to the ladies here!!

Ali ~ Nice to see you back!

A big "HELLO" to everyone else I missed!

Well, the weekend was a big success! Had so much going on! On Friday my mom and I left work early and went shopping, which was fun, I picked up a couple new things. Then, on Friday night, DH and I went out for dinner, very nice restaurant, I had seafood platter, all broiled, so I was a very good girl!!

Then, on Saturday, we went car shopping, DH's economical car that he drives back and forth to work in (he drives about 80 miles round trip each day) has about 150,000 miles on it, and is a rust bucket, so we are buying a 2002 Toyota Corolla this week. I am excited, then I don't have to worry about him breaking down on the country roads in the middle of the night.

Saturday afternoon was my SIL bridal shower, she got lots of nice things, and the shower was very nice. All of us bride's maids put it on. Then after the shower we left for the bachelorette party, which was lots of dancing and such. Great time, but didn't get home until 4 a.m. Then, on Sunday, DH, both my brothers and their wife/girlfriend, my MIL and my BIL all went golfing. We had a tee time of 10 a.m., so in the swealtering heat (like Jen said it has been about 90-100 here, and there is nothing like Wisconsin humidity) we golfed 9 holes, I did well, golfed a 48. But the course was pretty straight, so it was easier than most.

Anyway, very exciting and fun weekend. But, it is back to the grind today, and it will probably be a long week. I am planning on taking off one or two days this week. We have to meet with the car place early this week and DH and I's good friends from NJ are back visiting their families, so we are planning a 4-wheeler trip with them, so lots going on again.

This weekend I have a baby shower on Saturday. DH is working all the time (and most weekends too) so I was glad I actually got to see him this past weekend.

My eating hasn't been too bad, considering all that I have done this weekend, and haven't been home to eat healthy. I am hoping the humidity decreases this week, so I can walk at night, but we will see, may have to break out the Tae Bo tape at night. I am cooking very healthy meals this week, and am trying to stay at the low end of my points, I have SIL wedding in less than 3 weeks, so I want to look my best.

Anyway, sorry to ramble...as soon as I get the pics developed, I will post a few of them, I know at least a couple I am in.

Talk to you a little later....better get some work done!
Old 07-23-2001, 10:01 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Hello Tonya

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love new cars, but I hate the new car payment after not having one for so long. However, it will be nice to know that hubby is safe.

Come out and play everyone.

Trish
Old 07-23-2001, 10:27 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default SARAH IS LIFETIME!!

YAY SARAH!! Congratulations girl! down 1.8 and at lifetime, that is so great, I am so incredibly proud of you!

Ali - sorry to hear about your accident, thank god you were in Quebec!!

janet (miss jackson if you're nasty) Sorry couldn't resist - good luck on your new diet. Choose whatever works for you.

Trish- I heard that the second tri you get more energy, that's great!!

Tonya - sounds like you had a great weekend - any good pics taken??

WEll, guess what?? B/f asked me to go to Vancouver with him. He asked me this weekened. He says he isn't sure if he is going or not, but that he very well might and wanted to know that he wants me to go with him if he does, that he thinks we are/willdefinately be at apoint where living together is no big deal, since we sort of already are living together, and that he doesn't want to lose me or what we have....he talked about when I'd come (probably do 5 months long distance and then come out) and stuff like that.....I was so shocked!?? Wow!!!!!

I said I would, that I didn't want to lose him either and all that stuff, how I'd look for a job while I finished my term here and then come in February. SOOOOO....now I only have to see if he will take the job or not. If he doesn't, he'll probably stay inCalgary one more year then go to Montreal with SNC Lavolin....so either way, I will end up moving if I stay with this guy. But, I was so happy he asked me, and he is making me part of the decision making, which is even cooler.

Sat eating was good, Sunday BAD, very very bad....BOOH! Plus, Ididn't exercise, I was sick all weekend, slept for hours and hours during the day...oh well! What can you do?

Well, I better get some work done - lots to do today...

Hello to all who are going to post!

BTW - WI tomorrow...ACK!
Old 07-23-2001, 10:27 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking

Morning girls
I put that i'm a late night person but i'm also an early morning person its those darn afternoons when i'm nodding off
my big excitement for the weekend was getting my 'do done
so now i have a layered Bob again and feel FABULOUS! tho i dont think she made some of the layers short enuf
ah well at least i didnt get scalped
my eating wasnt the greatest but it wasnt as bad as it could have been lol
Janet the one thing i noticed with CAD is that i had more energy
Trish ok not that i have any bearing on your choice of baby names buuut for a girl I like bridget (my middle name) and my new favorite boys name is Paidin it means little patrick in Gaelige
also ahem Kieran can be used for a boy or a girl *cough*cough*
Tonya woowooo NEW CAR! and new car smell! i love that
you weekend sounds fun
I should find shoes make the coffee
then get to work
Telecommuting can be fun err um well ok no not really

Love Kier
Old 07-23-2001, 10:30 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Hi Kier! We posted at the same time...
Old 07-23-2001, 10:31 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

BELLLLE!
HOLY CRAP!
thats amazing i'm so happy for you
woowoo
anyway you will decide whats best for you
;D
eeek look at the time THIS TIME I'm actually going
Deja vu
btw did anyone esle watch sleepless in seattle 36 times this weekend?
Old 07-23-2001, 10:48 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WOW, lots of posts already this morning.. YAH, I love that!!! And I was pleasantly suprised this weekend that people actually came out and played with me while I slaved at work. The wonderful part of work this weekend was that I was the boss. We ordered out for lunch and in the afternoon when it got slow, the 3 of us (that is all that was there) played hearts over the internet against each other! tee hee. We only did that for about an hour in between phone calls.

OK FIRST THING... WHERE IS BRENDA!!! HELLLLLOOOOO BRENDA, WE MISS YOU DEARLY! Fill us in on this house thing!!!

Belle... I see you are much more confident in the boy now!!!! That is great he made the step to involve you in the move!

Tonya... 4 in the morn huh! Haven't done that is forever. Hubby said last night that I am a flirt when I am drunk and he should get my tipsy more often (I wasn't at the time!) It made me laugh. I guess now that we are parents we are getting stodgy. OH NO!!

Janet... I live 2 hours from the Mad City. Great city, and I would choose to live there!!!

Oh, I chose morning person mostly because Emma and Sadie get me up in the morning, although I am not the most pleasant at that time! About a month ago on a Sunday morning, Emma got us up and 6:00, so Sadie and I went out and I weeded the garden. The neighbors thought I was nuts when they woke up.

Oh Well... HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 07-23-2001, 10:58 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone Gosh it's been sooo long since I've posted, or read for that matter. How terrible of me. I've been all wrapped up in other things tho. Last week my mother fell and broke her hip and her wrist so I'm in NY. Before that I was on vacation in Kansas for a few days b/c I was trying to get over being treated really badly by the guyfriend that I have (had, who knows about that one). We'd been almost living together when he found himself someone else he'd rather have as a gf and suddenly was all ready for a relationship... go figure. I can't help thinking that if I was a lot thinner this wouldn't have happened... but then that's silly of me probably, right?? I don't know. So... in any case I really need to get back on track with my weightloss... I've been thinking about officially going to Weight Watchers. I've never done that... Anyways. I need to try to catch up on all the posts! Hope you are all having a good day.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:59 AM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Well Girls I took the plunge on Friday and rejoined WW. I was at 178.6. I am hoping to be 2 pds less by Fri. I had a decent wknd. I was over pts by a lot but I still lost b/c I must have been eating really crazy before and not noticing. Pretty Crazy HUH? I made better choices though so that was good. I plan on being OP today. I actually am really excited about this again

I can't properly post but I wanted to check in. I hate that I can't hang out with you girls but I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do. Everyone did seem to have good wknd though and that is always good to hear.
Check in later,
Becky
Old 07-23-2001, 11:10 AM   #12  
Proud Mama

Jen, I'm picturing you outside at 6am in your jammies weeding the garden. No wonder why the neighbors thought you were nuts! ROFL. I'm guessing you probably got dressed, but it was still a funny picture that came to mind.

Belle: Glad the b/f cleared up your confusion a bit. Now I guess it's just wait and see. Hope he makes up his mind quickly for your sake!

Tonya: Woohoo on the new car! I could use a new car too... mine has 125,000 miles on it, but (knock wood) it's still running great so I'm hoping to hold out for 2 more years until DH's car is paid off (yeah, right.) Great job on the eating with all of your events, it's always hardest then.

Trish: Boys names we had the hardest time with. Benjamin was the *only* one we finally agreed on -- and that's only b/c we finally decided not to tell anyone what we had decided until AFTER he was named! All of those opinions just ruined some good name choices for us. Names that we wound up not using, but we liked were: Alexander, Nathan, Nathaniel, and Hunter. Hunter was my personal favorite. Girls names we never really talked about but I think those are easier anyway. 2nd trimester is easiest... third isn't too bad either but as you get towards the end I think you feel more tired b/c it's more difficult to sleep comfortably.

Kier: Well, I'll let you know in a couple of days if I feel like I have more energy... Having a hard time already b/c I want a snack (a big no-no on CAD)... Thing is, I'm not hungry, I just have this obession with eating constantly. A new hair cut is always good for the soul. If you don't think she made some of the layers short enough, go back, usually they'll fix it for free.

Shaylne: So sorry about your mom. As for the guy-"friend", that sucks too. Has nothing to do with your weight though, just the immaturity of the guy! I would recommend going to the meetings... always seems to work better that way.

Ok, 5 files down, 15 more to go.. Gotta get cracking!
Old 07-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Yay!! going to get my hair cut at 3pm!! I have to work through lunch though, oh well! Its getting so long I can't wear it down b/c it gets annoying and HOT in this summer heat, so I decided to get it cut. Its not my usual hair stylist though, Rory, its some other "senior stylist" girl...I hope sheis good!! I couldn't get in with Rory (very hot, but bats for the other team and his b/f works there too...why are all the good ones either gay or taken??)

You guys, I have to admit I sort of hope he gets out to Vancouver in a way b/c then I can pursue my modelling career - Blanches, the company that picked me, was out of Vancouver.....! That's a thought anyway.

B
Old 07-23-2001, 12:49 PM   #14  

Default hi everyone!

Hi all! Had a great weekend! I am still feeling good from WI on Sat. DH and MIL were there, they were very proud. Then we went out for a celebratory lunch - Mexican food and 1 margarita! I was way over on points - I finished at 47 for the day but I did well yesterday to make up for it. we had chinese for dinner and I ended the day at 29 points. I think on maintenance that is ok. Plus we did some major yardwork as exercise yesterday. I am doing well on points so far today and we are going out for yummy italian for MIL's last night in town.

Belle - such exciting news about b/f. that is great that he asked you to move with him, I know it is a huge step You must be so excited!

Tonya - congrats on the new car, sounds fun. Stay out of the heat! We are getting hotter and more humid this week but it has been a very cool summer so far. Glad you had fun on Sat!

Ali - thanks for the congrats. You keep me going!!

Jen- glad you had a nice weekend eventhough you were at work.

Janet - good luck on CAD. I hope it gets easier.

Trish - I have seen such cute maternity clothes out there now. I can't wait to buy some for me!

Shayelen - welcome back! Sorry to hear about your mom and bf/guy friend.

Steph - HI!

Ok, must go. Have a great day!!

Sarah
Old 07-23-2001, 01:47 PM   #15  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Oh, it is so hot here today. My air has been running nonstop since Saturday and my dog is so hot she just wants water...no food (unless it is treats). I think I will buy her a box of Frosty Paws today to keep her cool.

Belle: that is so great about the b-friend. Also, hope the hair cut is fun. I love to get mine cut, makes me feel so girly.

Sarah: yes, there really are some cute things out there. It is hard not to buy too much. I have two huge shipments comming this week from Gap and Old Navy on line. Plus I have about bought out Target. I am not going to get anything too expensive, so Pea in the Pod is out. Oh well.

Janet: I think we may not tell anyone when we make the final choice on names. My aunt and Uncle also do that (they have 5 little kids).

Becky: great job on rejoining WW. You will do great today!

Shalyne: I am so sorry to hear about the BOY. Ah, men can really be a pain sometimes. But it is not you or your weight. It is just the boy. They are so dumb sometimes. I feel like HS, but it is true. Anyway, I know there is someone who is really right for you. I am so glad you are back.

Jen: I was wondering the same thing about Brenda. House stress must be huge. That is so funny about the garden at 6am, but it is a great time to do that stuff. Not so hot yet.

Kier: That is so funny about the name Paidin. My hubby's name is Patrick. I wonder how you pronounce that. I have such a hard time with Gaelige. Anyway, hubby wanted to call it Patrick Jr. But with his name being Patrick and mine being Patricia, I think there are too many Pats in the house (not that either of us go by that).

Well, should get back to work.

Trish
Closed Thread