Old 05-23-2005, 11:02 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (5/23 - 5/29)

Good Morning All!!!

I really want to try and turn up the heat a little this week and get things going. So my goals are...

1. Eat only 30 of my 32 alloted points daily
2. Not use any of my flex points
3. Exercise every day

Let's have a great week everyone!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:09 AM   #2  
Just Peachy

Sandi - those are great goals, and well within your reach. Thanks for starting this thread, it really does help me a lot with my eatting habits.

This weekend, I was a bad girl, I'm finding that it's easier to stay on plan during the week because there's not as much food available to me at work. It's something that I need to work on. I'm gonna follow your lead tho and make nutrition/exercise goals for myself this week.

1. I want to cut my calories to 1500/day this week and see how that leaves me feeling.
2. Excerise Daily

Today's Food Journal -
Breakfast - Corn chex w/ half a cup of skim milk
Lunch - 1 cup home made stroganoff. (leftovers from last night)
Dinner - Rotesserie Chicken w/ sweet peas (frozen) and Stuffing

Total Calories - 1450

Last edited by PeachGirl; 05-23-2005 at 09:09 PM.
PeachGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Saturday was a lousy day eating but right back on track yesterday. I shaved off 400 calories to try and do a little damage control for Saturday. Kimberley and I are getting ready to go to the YMCA which we are going to make it there 3 times this week and work in the yard the other two days.

Sunday eats

Yogurt

Roast Pork
2 slice low cal bread and butter
asparagus
Low fat Chips and salsa

Twizlers (Movie candy. Went and seen the new Star Wars.)

Kashi w/banana and blueberries and skim milk
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #4  
Crazy Canuck

Congrats to everyone who's on track and doing well! Sounds like Sandi, PeachGirl, Howie and Kimberley have great plans to turn up the heat this week - go team!!

(((Ali))) I'm sorry about your Mam and Dad and hope you concentrated on your fond memories while having a "drinkie" in their honour rather than the sadness of losing and missing them. I do understand - it would have been my younger sister's birthday today and its difficult not to think about all she could have been and done. You're right though, knowing that your parents worried about how your weight could affect your health was all the more reason not to over-indulge because of emotional issues (hope you got lots of nice hubby hugs)

Beth Please try not to get so frustrated. You're losing weight even though you can't exercise as much as you'd wish. Try to bide your time while you heal and be happy with your losses - don't rush anything, after all, you can make up for lost time when you're fully healthy.

Apryl Not going to come down on you for enjoying your planned Prom Pig-out Reading your other posts on the subject have convinced me you were in control in that you didn't take advantage of the event to go crazy over the whole weekend. Going 1,000 calories over is one thing, but knowing in the past it could have been an excuse to go over 10,000 and turn it into "Prom Week" is another. You practised restraint, were conscious of your choices, came here to be accountable about it, and are back on plan as of last night - good for you!!

Yesterday was MY planned treat night, so I resorted to using some flex points

I sort of missed breakfast because we slept in, lazed around in bed for a long time and didn't get up until almost lunchtime! So I had a brunch of a whole wheat pita stuffed with veggies (lettuce, tomato, onions, green olives, hot peppers, mushrooms, green peppers), a little feta cheese, diced chicken and salsa). Late in the afternoon we went to Tim Horton's for coffee and I had a small bowl of chili. We went to friend's for a holiday bbq (and fireworks) and there I had bbq pork chop, baked potato (with a little butter) and fresh veggies and dip (SAPF's pink dip). As the evening progressed I had some blue corn tortilla chips (I doubt highly they were baked) with more pink dip.

Beverage-wise I had a few glasses of spring water, a couple of mugs of tea, a Timmy's coffee (with cream), a 2lt bottle of diet grapefuit soda (one of which glasses had 1oz of Russian vodka in it) and two glasses of white wine.

I figure my points to be around....

7 - Pita
5 - Chili
2 - Coffee (with cream)
5 - Pork chop
5 - Potato (with butter)
0 - fresh veggies
5 - Tortillas
2 - Pink dip
2 - Vodka
4 - White wine (2 @ 2 points each)
37 points (used 15 flex points)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks, Jill. Sorry about your sister. That's really sad.
I do treasure the memories I have and I feel honoured to have had such wonderful parents. I had my bottle of plonk and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite having a few tears again.

Apryl: I think you did rather well. Like others, I'd really like to see that picture though. The link you gave in the other thread requires a log-in.

So, I managed to stay on plan and ended the day with just 25 cals to spare!

Sun 22/05:

Breakfast: Banana shake.
Lunch: 120g tinned tuna in water, green salad, 1 tblsp. FF dressing, ½ cup croutons.
Dinner: 2½ oz roast chicken breast in bun, green salad, 5 olives, 1 tblsp. FF dressing, naked coleslaw, Silhouette FF mousse.
Nibbles: Cup-a-soup, 1 tblsp. pinenuts.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, ½ litre water with lime juice, 1 bottle Zinfandel.

Total calories: 1575 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: 2 mile walk. That's how far it is to the liquor store and back!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #6  

Lots of good wishes to all those of you turning up the heat - I'm sure you can do it. My weekend was great for food, lousy for exercise; but I did make it to the pool today (swam for 30 mins), and also walked for 20 mins.

Porridge, skimmed milk, pear, coffee
Tomato, carrot and orange soup
Ryvita, cottage cheese, marmite (its an English thing!), cherry tomatoes, chives
Melon and blackberries (great combo)
Pasta with tuna and tomato
Apple, orange
Melon, blackberries, raspberries and banana
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #7  

Today was my treat day, though it got somewhat out of control (stress eating, mostly )

5/23
Morning
-2 slices toast w/jelly
Afternoon
-2c Crispix w/1c skim milk
Night
-20 saltines
-1 1/2c cocoa puffs w/ 1/2c skim milk
-Healthy Choice TV dinner (breaded chicken)
-2c cocoa puffs w/1c skim milk
Late
-Grilled chicken sandwich (plain)
-Medium vanilla ice cream cone
-Large Frappuccino
-2 Iced sugar cookies - 10g fat right there
-6 Gummy worms
-1/2c imitation crab
Total: 3200 calories, 50g fat (trying for 2500 calories, 40g fat)
CassandraA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:40 PM   #8  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

No exercise for me today, I'm afraid.

Mon 23/05:

Breakfast: Banana shake.
Lunch: ¾ oz chicken and 4 thin slices ham on 90g whole-grain bread, green salad, naked coleslaw.
Dinner: 2 cups pasta, ½ cup crushed tomatoes, 2 oz cheddar. Yummy!
Nibbles: 2 NV granola bars, cup-a-soup.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 2 tblsp. half & half, 2½ litres water, ½ litre water with lime juice.

Total calories: 1497 (not incl. free veggies)
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

Sigh...long weekend is done and back to work tomorrow. Had a very relaxing day today and didn't really exercise. We took the pup to a leash free park, but instead of walking around ended up sitting on a picnic table discussing the meaning of life for an hour while the dog ran around the park and chased squirrels.

1 - 1/2c 1% milk
5 - omelette (2 eggs) with diced onions, green pepper and low-fat cheese
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread toasted & spread with
2 - 1tbsp. reduced fat dairy spread
8 - oven baked casserole *
1 - 1/2c 1% milk used in teas
21 points (1 under target)

Beverages: 2 500ml bottles of spring water, large steeped tea at Tim Horton's, 2 mugs of tea at home, 2 large glasses of low-sodium soda water.

*oven baked casserole ingredients - extra lean ground beef, thinly sliced potatoes, fresh mushrooms and onions, frozen peas, carrots and corn, beef stock and seasonings.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:34 PM   #10  
missaprylj

Back on track today!

Oatmeal
1/2 Bagel
Cream Cheese

Kashi w/ 1% Milk
M & M's
Crackers and PB

Turkey sandwich with tons of veggies and NO cheese on wheat bread
chips and salsa

Total: 1495 calories
25 minute walk
30 minute bike ride
Old 05-24-2005, 01:27 AM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Ok, so I would like to think, No More Alcohol for awhile, but the wedding is Friday night & I will be having champagne. Other than that, I am going to keep up the modified low carb formula she has put me on.

5/23

1/2 bottle diet lime pepsi

4 oz cube steak
1/2 head escarole, 1/2 red pepper, 2 cloves garlic, sauteed in olive oil, about 1/8 cup
1 serving low carb pasta
2 cups leaf lettuce
4 slices tomato
2 tbsp Buttermilk ranch dressing

4 cups blueberry iced tea
24 oz water
half a small piece of blueberry pie <-----store bought & gross

1 cheese hot dog
1 serving unsalted peanuts

2 fresh tomatoes
1 can tuna
1/4 cup mayo

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 05-24-2005 at 01:33 AM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I weighed in last night and lost 3.8! That's from 2 weeks, but we know that 4 of those days were awful!! I was very pleased to see a nice loss and it has really pumped me up!

5/23/05
1 mile WATP
5 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
3 - Pretzels
5 - BBQ Pork Sandwich
1 - Apple
2 - All Bran Bar
9 - 1 cup spaghetti w/ 3/4 cup meat sauce
4 - 2 breadsticks
1 - 1 FF chocolate pudding cup
30 Points Total
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:28 AM   #13  
Born Loser

Good for you Sandie. 4 lbs for two week is great.

Here are my eats for yesterday.

Kashi w/blueberries and skim milk

Low fat pork warp w/cheese, spinach, tomato and onion
Broccoli

2 Turkey wraps w/Cheese, spinach, cucumber
Apple
Yogurt

Ice Cream cone

Kashi w/banana blueberries strawberries and skim milk
Old 05-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

That's great Sandi!

I went over my points yesterday. Having my mom back from FL is really stressing me out, she was gone all winter and then she was in Russia. I've lost all of my 28 lbs since she left for FL, because having daily contact with her makes me crazy!! I've tried to explain to her that I don't need her constant negativity (she had a fight with this person, this one's a b--ch...) It really gets to me.

So yesterday, I started off doing well and by the end of the day, I'd been worn down, I think I spoke to her at least 10 times... and looking at my tracker, you can see where I'd reached the end of my rope.

5/22
3 - ww muffin
2 - coffee
1 - 3 egg whites
7 - grilled chicken over salad
1 - 1 pt bar
2 - coffee
5 - small piece of a brownie (help!!!!)
10 - chopped steak
5 - mashed potatoes
36 points - over by 8 points, which isn't really that bad considering....

I'm back on track today, which is good and I already feel better. Thank god for caller ID!

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by BethC; 05-24-2005 at 11:36 AM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #15  
Born Loser

Boy that does not sound good Beth. Kimberley has a similar relationship with her mom. She simply does not answer the phone when she has had enough. If your mom does not live with you maybe you should just try having less contact with her and maybe talk to her about being so negative. We did that with Kimberleys mom and set up a plan where they get together for just 1/2 hour at a time and there is to be no negative talk just a fun get together for coffee or a meal or whatever. Sometimes people just don't know how negative they are.

Even if things don't change you will have to learn how to deal with stress other than eating. That's easier said then done but it can be done. I still really strugle after a rough night at work but I have not stoped at a fast food joint for months. Hope this helps some. Keep up the good work and try to not let it get to you.