General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 02:11 PM   #1  

Smile Atkins Diet

Hello

I need support and friends of the Atkins Plan. I feel that my body reacts well to this diet. Please email me will your thoughts and successes.

I can't wait to hear from you all.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:57 AM   #2  

Unhappy Well, I have had many visitors, but no replies!

I just started the 14-day start-up. I am really hoping that this is the answer for me. I got on a web site today that sold Atkins supplements for cheap prices. Is anyone familiar with the name brand supplements rather than buying individual supplies?

Hope to hear from another Atkins supporter.

Old 07-03-2001, 10:01 PM   #3  

I must say, I have heard so many things about this diet, but I have yet to try it. Several of my co-workers areon it and havenothing but good things to say. I am a little skeptical, though. I cannot imagine not having bread. I have made up my mind that I am actually going to read up on it as I really don't know enough about it to make an informed decision. I would enjoy any input or suggestions. I am at my all time highest of 280 pounds and am getting desperate. I truly am disgusted with myself. In any case, I welcome any suggestions.
Old 07-15-2001, 06:54 PM   #4  
I will be successful

Angry

hi, i have noticed there arent too many replies on this post, and i really hope that mine does not go unnoticed.

this is going to amaze you, but i cannot find the atkins bood anywhere here. i have tried everyplace from the library to barnsnoble.

i would really like to try this diet, but i have no clue the 'rules' how to start or anything. if someone could give me a rundown, how to start, what if any carbs you can/cant have i would be very greatful. i am at my all time highest weight of 350 and dont know what else to do.

thanks
Old 07-16-2001, 02:34 PM   #5  

Talking Welcome Girls

I notice the problem is not people vistiting, but people telling me they dropped by.

I have been on the Atkins diet since June 19, I have lost 12 pounds.

I am inspiried to continue. I find the most helpful thing is to ahve ready made snack available if hungry hits. As soon as you start scrounging for food, forget it.

So anyone else having the smae success as me. I still have another 62 pounsd to go, so I don't feel even close to my goal.

I would suggest this diet to anyone. It is wonderful.

CL
Old 07-16-2001, 03:17 PM   #6  
I will be successful

Question still wondering

congrats carb!! i have heard wonderful things about atkins and cannot find the book anywhere (ive looked from libraries to bookstores) could you please give me a run down, and how to start????
Old 07-16-2001, 03:24 PM   #7  

Thumbs up

AS PER ANOTHER THREAD HERE; I just don't want to get in trouble for copying this info.

* During the first 14 days you will switch your carbo-burning to a fat-burning metabolism.
* 20 grams of carbs a day is the limit. (With this limit of carbs, you can go into KETOSIS and begin burning FAT!
*Stay on the approved foods - DON"T CHEAT!

0-Super Low - No carb foods are fish, meat, fowl, eggs, shellfish and cheese.

Foods to eat in limited quantity (salad veggies) include: lettuce, cucumber, celery.

Other low carb veggies include: cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, tomato, string beans, onion, snow peas, egg plant, asparagus.

Drinks include decaf tea, decaf coffee, certain diet sodas, lemon juice, lime juice.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!No fruit, bread, grains, starchy veggies (like carrots & potatoes) and dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter.

Avoid GUM & HARD CANDY!

Breakfast ideas include: eggs/ham/sausage
Lunch ideas include: chef salad, turkey breast with cucumber salad, bacon cheeseburger-NO BUN.
Dinner ideas include: meat/fowl/fish and ALWAYS a fresh green salad.
Desert can be jello with whipped heavy cream.

Snack ideas: celery with peanut butter, deviled eggs, turkey/swiss cheese rollups, shrimp cocktail

So far I have been doing well. I am very high energy and NOT hungry. I have 100 pounds to shed and do not plan on being a quitter! (Been fighting the battle of the buldge for most of my life and I plan on WINNING this time!)
Please share with me all. WE CAN DO IT!
Old 07-16-2001, 07:31 PM   #8  

Cool Atkins

Hello Fellow Atkins fans
I too a on the atkins diet, phase 1 or the 14 day induction.
I have tried many diets but it seems Atkins works best for me.
I have 80 to 100lbs to loose and i need all the support i can get.
I am looking forward to making many new friends, if you need a diet buddy i am here.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:18 PM   #9  
I will be successful

Lightbulb

well first of all, im sorry to have angered you carb lover. that was not my intention, i was just eager for the info. i dont see how you could get in trouble for giving the basics about atkins, unless you copied the info word for word out of the book, it looks to me like you were just explaining it. thank you because it helped me alot.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:15 AM   #10  
Domestic Goddess

Thumbs down

Hi Ladies,

Why dont you come on over to the low carb thread ? There is alot of support there and some great recipe ideas too. Hope to see you there.

By the way when your looking for the Dr. Atkins book make sure your looking for the title "Dr. Atkins NEW Diet Revolution" it has a blue cover and it's the newest ones he's put out. It has more info then the older book....no changes in the plan at least that I've seen.

P.S. Maybe you could try buying the book from Amazon.com I bet they would have it
Old 07-21-2001, 08:37 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sssorry girls I usually do not get up here I just go tolow carb and 100's club. I will diredt any of you that have not come down to visit the low carb site. we are a friendly grou[p there and will eargerly help you with any questions that may arise. i will add that it is important to read the book if you are going to follow it. which ever low carb plan that you follow and there are several that have subtle differences. come on down and join us. hope that we can help.
Old 07-22-2001, 04:03 PM   #12  
Latina Heat

I tried this diet! It didn't work for me!!!! >_< I hope all goes well for you. Good Luck!

~ Andrea ~
Old 07-23-2001, 01:11 PM   #13  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Hi everyone!

I too am a low carber tho not on the Atkins plan. I'm sorry that I didn't see this post earlier either. My puter time the past few months has been sporadic and limited and I too regularly post at the 3fc Low Carb section.

Would love to have you join us there. There's many wonderful, supportive and knowledgeable chicks that offer so much!

Hope to see you there but no matter what, best of luck!

J
Old 07-23-2001, 08:13 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Smile

I lost 7 pounds during the 14 day Induction phase (which is a lot for me to lose in that amount of time). I found the plan very easy to follow and after the first few days I didn't have any cravings for carbs at all! Unforturately I started slacking off and have regained some of the weight. I'm beginning the Induction phase again tomorrow. I hope to lose 15 lbs. by Labor Day.

A great low carb site is www.atkinsfriends.com you can get some really good information there.

Good Luck!

Linzy
Closed Thread