South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Hump Day on the Beach!!! (that would be Wednesday)

Hey, girls! And guys!

I'm going to a garden centre! My first of the year. Actually, that's not true. Ruth took me to her friend's garden centre, but the darned thing wasn't open, and I could only look and drool.
I can't wait to pick up some stuff...

Otherwise... feeling fairly crappy as I've only lost 2 pounds in six days. Maybe next week will be better.

Hope everyone is well... have a lovely OP day!!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:29 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Ellis...Good Mornin'! Don't let it get you down just chug a lug the water while your out getting plants today! I love lookin at all the plants. I know it can be very frustratin waitin for the weight to drop but hang in there maybe it's waitin to show ya a big loss at once.

Not much happenin round here today. DS wants me to take him to school late cause he does not want to sit through senior awards. DD does not want to go at all cause she is goin to a baseball game all day. I have a Home Interiors luncheon at O'Charley's today. I am plannin to stay totally OP! So it looks like DD and I will take DS to school on our way to lunch. teehee I wish she would have asked me lastnight like DS cause then i could have slept in til 8! Oh well I probably slept in enough yesterday! lol I hope you all have an OP day today! Brittany says hey!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  

Hi Beach Buddies:

I am into week three on the beach. My favorite part is still not being hungry. The scale part is not going as well. I had an initial great week 1 of phase 1 and since then the scale has been up 1 down 1 so progress isn't happening.I am on my 2nd weekof phase two. So as far as the scale I posted this comment on another forum. Hope it helps Ellis.

"I wish the reverse on my weight control mechanism in my body worked as well as the forward."

Need to get to the gardening center my self. I live in NY and we need to get all the spring we can, even though its still cold its not snowing.

Good day to all
Old 05-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #4  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Chicklets!

I know what you mean about the scale. I actually gained back like 8 or 9 pounds of the original 17 that I lost until I went off program at Christmastime. I have lost one pound of that, but you know, I just can't seem to get myself together to go on program completely. I make all these promises to myself, but I'm struggling. A lot of it, in my case, is the fact that since we moved, we are out of district, so I have to drive my daughter across town to school and then make arrangements with anyone I can to get her picked up. I work in South Park, so I have an hour and ten minute commute one way..ugh... school is out May 25, though, so I will not have any excuses after that.

Quite honestly, I'm looking forward to it because I'm thinking I could walk the parking garage at work and then at home, and the stress of arriving to work on time will be gone because summer will be here (no school)...

I'm so thankful that I have this community to look to for support and guidance... there sure are some awesome folks around here! i want you all to know that whether you have lost a gazillion pounds or two, you are all inspiring to me...

Okay, enough mush from me for this morning....I have to light a fire under my dd so she will hurry up and get ready for school... I'm dreading going to work today... not sure why..I just don't want to be there at all this week...

On the other hand, I have a phone conference scheduled with a band director today. I signed up as a consultant with a bath/body company and am working on getting the high school bands on board with fundraisers. the only reason i signed up was to pay off my son's band commitment..he is absolutely tickled at the idea of a rival marching band paying off his commitment....LOL

anyway, i'm off...i hope you guys have wonderful days!

hugs!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, yourself, Bamie and Brittany! So Brittany gets to skip school and have a neat lunch with her Mum? Harumph! Bamie, it sure sounds as if your knee feels better. Is it? Or are you faking it and taking drugs?

Ellis, don't fret over the small drop. You and I both know that it will happen. Are you glugging water instead of diet cola? Which garden centre will you grace with your presence - and money - today? I wish I could go with you.

Morning, Gina. NY or NYC? I think we have the same weather if you are in NY State! This is an unusually cold May although I do remember one when it snowed on the 19th! Oy! I was working then and took off that week to garden! It's bound to get better though.

It's a gorgeous day here in Deltaland and I've already put out the garbage - wearing my robe. Usually I can just get out and in without anyone spotting me but today my neighbour Steve came out, two students came to pick him up, two American guys walked down the street to get a Long Horn breakfast and my neighbour came by with her dog on the way to run him at the Fairgrounds! Who says small towns are quiet!

Sarah is coming this morning - on trial but she doesn't know it! I will set her to raking the dog garden and trimming our more black raspberry bushes while I work elsewhere on the property. We'll see how she does. I definitely will be hiring someone else next spring (and maybe fall) for the major cleanup. In the meantime, she's all I've got. I've checked out some of the young guys around here (no comments!) and they all seem to want only macho jobs like digging and cutting down trees, not raking and weeding.

Today we should all keep little Sammi and SarahLL1031 in our thoughts and prayers as S. has her surgery and Sarah worries about her wee one.

Have a super Hump Day, Chickies.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Prayers for Sam and Sarah!

Ruth...My knee is doin ok. I have not taken any drugs this week although I have wanted/needed to. It is still sore and has a lil pain still but I think it's doin well overall.

It seems Brittany wants me to pick her up from school after I drop Zack off because she has to pay for her 8th gd picnic today or she can't go. I will probably take her to the mall after lunch to start buyin her clothes for Australia. That reminds me I need to find out what the weather is like in July there. I'm off to have breakfast before my backbone starts chargin my stomach rent! lol
Old 05-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #7  
Tina

Morning chicks!

Ruth, I'm sorry, what type of surgery is Saras lil one having...my DD has been sick since this weekend and I'm falling behind here. I wish them well!

I have REALLY been bad this week...I've ate a few lil things here and there that I KNOW I shouldn't, had WAY too much diet rootbeer/not nearly enough water, and WAY too many 'sugar free' treats. Fortunately so far the scale has just remained as it was, but I just feel bloated...so back to business for me today!

Hope you all have a great one!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ooh, Ellis, have a blast! Enjoy all those beautiful plants and make sure to take home a bunch...it's not a successful garden center trip unless you come home with at least one plant that you have no place for. Looking forward to hearing about your adventure! Sweetie, I know it's hard when the scale doesn't move as much as you want, but I know it will move. When it does, we'll have a lot of ONEderland celebrating to do!!!

Bamie, have a great time at your lunch and good for you on staying OP in the face of temptation. You're setting a great example for DD!!! I'm glad the knee is feeling better, but don't be afraid to take your meds if it's hurting...the less pain your body has to deal with, the more time it can spend on healing.

Hey, Gina! I live in NY too--Finger Lakes Region here. It's definitely been cold the last couple days but as you said, no snow. As long as it isn't snowing, I'm good. Don't stress about the garden center...some of the flowers aren't even blooming in our local greenhouses yet. I'm going to have to go back for the flats of impatiens I get every year because I couldn't tell what colors they will be! I know it can be hard when the weight doesn't move. Do you drink lots of water? Have you added exercise in? It helps immensely. Check what you are eating on www.fitday.com to make sure you are getting enough food and that you aren't getting too much fat or protein. Are you getting all your veggies? They really help. You might be eating too many starches or fruits. Each person is different. If you lost the pound this week, I'd do another week with what you are doing now and see how it goes. If nothing changes, I'd think about taking away a fruit or a starch and do that for a week to see what happens. Figuring this out can be frustrating, but it's actually really cool that you can modify to plan to what works for you. And in the end, it really does work! I gained about 5 pounds while I figured out Phase 2, but I've lost 90+ since then and I'm still losing, though much more slowly now. You can do this!

Aileen, I know that it can be hard to work SBD in with all the other things going on in your life. Can your DH help with food prep? Maybe he can make you a smoothie for breakfast and a baggie of veggies to munch on in the car as you drive to work? Or maybe he can make dinner so you can get some time in to relax? If DH is as busy as you are, can you maximize the time you have on weekends (or whenever you have some free time) and make a ton of meals, baggies of veggies, salads (like 3 bean, coleslaw, etc.) and such for the week so you don't have to stress about it later? You can do this if you put your mind to it and allow others to help you.

Ruth, you darling girl...life in Delta is sounding like a sitcom on BBC today! I love the thought of you in your robe running into half the town and a couple tourists! You weren't lugging bushels of wine bottles to the curb this time, I hope? That Sarah better work her tuchus off, is all I can say! Oy about snow...when I moved here they told me that the only month that hasn't had snow is July. What is that all about??? You enjoy this beautiful day...how are the Girls doing? It doesn't feel like a real morning without a story about your furkids!

Tina, I hope your DD feels better soon and that you can jump back on the wagon so you feel better too! See us reaching hands to help you back up?

Lots of prayers and caring going out to SarahLL and her little one today. I'm hoping that the surgery is a prayer come true for them.

Me:
Well, up two pounds, but last night was a late eating night, so I'm not going to stress about it. Did 25 mins on the elliptical at work, so that was very good. The sun is shining (but it's still cold out there...) and I'm still scot free of homework as our prof didn't give us assignments last night. She swears she have them for us on Thursday. If she doesn't, I'll be one ticked off lady. I need to get this work done!!!

My last balance ball class is tonight (or is there one more after this?). It's been a great class, especially because I can do several of the moves at home as long as I remember them. It's a hard workout! I'm making a steak salad with sourdough croutons for dinner along with some steamed asparagus. Yum! There's a lot to be done at work, so I better be off...
Old 05-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

OMG I just got a phone call from my DD from school, last night a girl she's known since kindergarten was involved in a terrible accident and may not make it.
She was over at a friends house (the friends a 10th grader) and the friend was having a big fight with her mom, so she ran out of the house, jumped in Tiffany's truck and threw it in reverse, and ran completely over Tiffany! Tiffany was flown to Birmingham where she's in critical condition! This girl is supposed to graduate in 9 days! I can't believe this! The girl who ran her over was sitting at the table beside us at the Athletic Banquet last night. And my DH said he was talking to Tiffany yesterday.
Something tragic almost always happens right before school gets out!
Y'all pray for Tiffany to pull thru!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #10  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morn - another quickie for me (it seems that everything in my life has been that way lately!)

After the calorie discussion yesterday and I logged all my foods into fitday, I went and ate a bunch of Pita Chips and hummus! (Yes, they are considered OP - but I had already had my "carbs" for the day, and was at my calorie limit!) Dinner was also a little too salty (DH cooked! He admitted it!) AND I only got about 1.75 Liters of water in.... so ....

I wasn't going to weigh this morning, but yes I'm up. Duh.... I'm ok about it. I'll just drink drink drink water today and stick to my oats and my apple for the "carb." I feel all puffy so I know it's mostly water retention.

Gotta run - take kid to school, run errands, take son to Library and park, go to Walgreens.

Have a great day!

PS - I'm letting my daughter play Hooky on Monday so we can go see Star Wars! Isn't that terrible, and I'm a former teacher!

SARAH and SAMMI!!! Hope all goes well today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:08 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Sarah & Sammi - Good luck today. Many prayers are with you!

Bami - Sounds like you are doing well with that knee. Just remember to baby it. I know that is hard for a go getter like you.

Ellis - Have fun today! I went to the greenhouse this weekend and spent a ton! Don't worry about the scale. Just stick to it.

Everyone else - All of those who are struggling/dissappointed - try writing down what you eat in a day in calories and measure your portions. That is something that Dr. Atkins always used to call carb creep. I know just by doing my leek fest for the past two days that looking back - my portions were crazy out of control. Lose the diet soda and remember that for some people the "sugar free" treats work just like sugar on your body.

Speaking of emotional eating - I'm wondering if my binging was the result of old emotions being dug up by seeing the old flame. I was doing so well and just blew it. They say realizing what triggers emotional eating is half the battle so I'm going to speak with my therapist on Thursday and see if we can work on this trigger problem.

I'm glad my little leek fest is done. I'm glad I did it but boy was it hard. I have to admit - I felt great! I'm back on the beach this morning. I had a small cup of cottage cheese this morning and a small V8. I'll have fish and salad for lunch today. DF is kind of mad because I cooked "spicy sauteed grouper" last night in the house and it is kind of stinky. Oh well. Good thing DM is at golf camp this week cause she would be ballistic. She is allergic to seafood and really can't take the smell of fish.

I'm back down to 199 so I'm happy with weigh in this morning. I may try to do the leek fest once a month to recalibrate my portions and exercise control over my eating. I'm planning on staying drinkie free for a couple of weeks and that combined with sticking to the beach should work wonders. I'm on a downward spiral chicks! Watch out weight.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:11 AM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Phins - OMG! DS and I will keep that family in our prayers!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, lordy... Phins, I will certainly be saying prayers for Tiffany and her family today.

Girls, thanks for all of your support... I was just running out the door when I saw the post about Tiffany...
Old 05-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Phins...OMG! That is aweful! I will keep her in my prayers. Keep us posted!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

My thoughts and intense prayers go out to Sarah and her little girl Sammi I know Sarah must be so worried for her!

My prayers also go out to Tiffany that she will be out of the hospital very soon.
Closed Thread