Old 05-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #1  

Question Clothes Stash?

ok am i the only one with a clothes stash of clothes in the next size???
I have a shelf in my closet with jeans sizes 22,20,18,16,14 i'm in a sz 22 now
in my dresser i have 2 drawers of few smaller sized lounge pants,shorts and tank tops
angelinoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

You are not alone.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

As I have "grown" I box up the smaller stuff (the timeless stuff) and store it. Hubby wants to just kill me, having to store all these boxes, but it's my goal to work my way through those boxes!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Some I stored for so long, they're way out of style! Yes, I have a stash, too. When I see a really GREAT deal on clothing at the store, and it's just a little too snug, I get it so I have something to shrink into. I'm purposefully getting rid of my clothing as it gets too big - I don't want to even have the option there.

My last thing to get is underwear. They're just not as much FUN, you know?? LOL!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #5  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

I had a stash, but I shrunk out of it!!! Now I'm spending days off hitting all the thrift stores and clearance racks just to get a few things to wear until the next size!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I've been at the larger end of the scale for so long that I don't have any smaller clothes. I too have given away/garage saled or trashed my larger clothes so I don't have something to fall back on. I have one pair of size 12 jeans I snagged from mom's garage sale stuff that I'm working toward wearing.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I have a stash but it doesn't go much smaller than I am now. I've been this size for pretty much as long as I can remember, and I'm back in clothes I wore at university. Everything much smaller got thrown out a while back so it's an excuse to shop! I'm trying to restrict myself as I don't intend to be wearing stuff I fit in now for long, but it's great motivation to go into shops, try things on, and remind yourself it would look even better with a few more pounds lost.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:38 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

I'm guilty of hanging onto clothes from the past - heck, here's a pic of me in the early 1970's wearing a purple suede coat that I got for my 16th birthday (unfortunately the picture has faded and you can't see the beautiful colour). Anyway, my daughter found that coat in the 90's when SHE was a teenager and fell in love with it - she wore it for years. A couple of months ago, George's 14 year old daughter discovered it and is now wearing it in the 2000's! For some reason I can't fit into the damn thing anymore though...

P.S. - get a load of those bell bottoms and thick platform shoes...no wonder I have back problems
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ottawa.JPG (9.5 KB, 122 views)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #9  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Woohoo Jille! What a hottie!!
Some clothes you just can't ever bear to throw out... I have a box like that somewhere... Even if I get to that size I'll never wear that stuff again, too outdated, just kept for sentiment!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #10  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Gardenwife, you crack me up. Yes, the underwear is the last to get replaced. But we will keep at it until we are able to shop where even the underwear is fun to buy!

Yes, I have the boxes of too small clothes, as well. Last week I was able to trade out some smaller for boxing up some too big! When I get down far enough I plan to give the box of my big clothes to someone for whom they will be the next smaller size.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #11  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

My mother-in-law has benefitted from some of my old clothes, ones bought last fall. I have a friend who has been losing and gives me bags of jeans, too. The last ones were too big or were so loose in the butt and so peg-legged, I looked like a big ice cream cone in 'em. Those I won't wear now - Can't even tell I've lost weight when I wear those!

When I get to my goal, I hope to walk brazenly into a store like Victoria's Secret and buy something slinky without feeling like the waif-like clerks are snickering behind my back.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:45 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I really miss shopping. Now days I just buy anything that fits and isn't too hideous.

Awwww, look at young Jilly!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #13  

I'm sitting here in slacks and shirt i hadn't been able to wear for years. Unfortunately I fit back into them last summer and THEY STILL FIT. So obviously I haven't made a lot of progress the past year. I'm wearing a lot from a long ago era and have some smaller yet - just one size lower and not all would be wearable just as not all of this size were. I've rid myself of the larger sizes though - scared to death I'll need them again.

Some things are just too sentimentally valued to be rid of but I've got to soon get over that. When shopping gets easier and more fun, maybe I'll risk sorting through and making room. It's not just all the money involved, it's all the effort to find these threasures in the first place (or in some cases, great gifts from dh).
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I have SO many clothes its insane! I have a basket and a big bag full of "tiny" clothes, and then I have another basket of clothes my size now, but with tags attached, and then I have a shelf of clothes I strive to fit into.. in order of when I'll fit into them. I have a system.. honest! I recently got rid of a TON of jeans, track pants, and a down fulled winter jacket ($500!!), and a few tops. I can't wait to shrink out of the clothes I have now, with some it definitely won't be too long. I'm just so addicted to clothes, and since I work retail, it's SO easy to buy clothes. I also am very attracted to classic pieces, which don't really ever go out of style. Ah clothes... shopping.. I love you so

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:07 AM   #15  

Hmmm. I am beginning to feel a bit unique here.....actually I think its just that I am a late developper! In my not-so-slim years (of which there are many!) I really was not interested at all in clothes - hated hated hated to shop, and hated hated hated hated hated to look in the mirror.......In the process of losing some weight (along with remodelling my entire life - long story!) - I taught myself how to be interested in clothes, my body etc etc etc. Part of that included sorting my entire wardrobe, ridding myself of anything too big, that I didn't wear etc. Its true, I am overdue for a wardrobe purge, but on the whole I have lots of clothes which I like, which fit and a few too big and a very few too small......

I am promising myself that when I have shed some more pounds, I will acquire a few more choice pieces for my wardrobe (I like to shop now!!!!!), hopefully for when I go on vacation at the end of the summer......
artist is offline   Reply With Quote