Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Cool Cool Runners #6 - May 16-21...

Good Morning Runners !!

Last week I ran 25k... This week I'm going to try for a bit more ...BUT no running for me today because it's leg day!! I always look forward to doing legs !!

Next !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Well, no running for me last week, but I did get out of the house and walk 3 days in a row. Pretty nice. I'm getting to be a lot more consistent now that I'm out of my 1st trimester and feeling better. I'll probably do some kind of aerobics video tonight--it's supposed to be 100 F here today and it just won't cool down fast enough to get outside after work, and I didn't get a chance this morning.

My goal for the week: 5x exercise and at least one each of swim, bike, and run. Ok, running is actually run/walk/waddle these days, but hey.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. Thanks for the Congrats. Had a great weekend and the damage was not that bad when I got on the scale, refreshing change. Going for a run after work today since I stayed up too late last night to go this morning. Oops. And painting our bathroom also, great arms workout!

My goal is to get in 5 workouts this week also. Good luck Anne.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I don't think I'll be able to run much (if at all) this week -- I had a couple warts on my toe frozen off, and pressing on it hurts! Hopefully I can get back into it in a few days, before I go to get them frozen again next week.

Keep up the good work everyone!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wndranne
Ok, running is actually run/walk/waddle these days, but hey.
Thanks for the laugh I so desperately needed today
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:11 PM   #6  
Made my Goal weight!

HI Ladies

Wondering if I can join you all in this thread...

I will be running my first race on May 28th.YAY!! 10km, and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!

I am 26, Stay at home mom of 3. Ages 4, 22 months and 8 months....I have been back running now for about 7 months and jus had my longest and best run on Monday...I ran 10km in 68 1/2 minutes...which is a HUUUUGE improvement from my previous best of 74 minutes...

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Leanne. Looks like the running is paying off for you. Good luck on your first race that if very exciting.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:47 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Leanne fellow Ontarian WELCOME!!! I'm in Eastern Ontario ...
Old 05-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #9  

Another newbie here. I was wondering if you might mind if I join this 'cool runners' thread.

Right now I am walking about 30.4 (or so) mpw (just walking)
Then I run 1/2 of a mile every day. (or at least try.)

I am new to running and can't wait to get started!!

God Bless
Arizona Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #10  
Made my Goal weight!

Ilene- gotta love Eastern Ontario, sometimes with this weather here feels like WAY UP NORTH ONTARIO...lol...

Leanne
Old 05-18-2005, 06:30 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Arizona WELCOME... Keep up the gradual work and in no time you'll be running a 5K...

Leanne -- I ran my first 10k in 1:08 a couple of weeks ago ... It was sooo much fun...The adrenaline keeps you going...
Old 05-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #12  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hi I wondering if I could check in on this thread? I am run/jogging about 1.6 miles in the mornings (i just started being able to run a complete mile without keeling over LOL) and wanted to check in because I'm trying to train my body to do the whole run comfortably in the mornings. This thread is motivational by far. As you can see I weigh alot and I'm trying to get this weight down and yes running a mile is an awesome accomplishment for someone my size but I want this to be the tool to alot of the weight coming off.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome MrsDawson ... I see that you've lost a good chunk of your weight already , keep up the great work and keep running that'll definitely melt the fat away...
Old 05-19-2005, 08:14 AM   #14  
Made my Goal weight!

Yes, running has always worked for me at literally melting the fat away...I have to run today, I am trying to take it easier on my runs for the next week, I am afraid of over training and therefore not be 100% for my race, but I used to dread running in front of people, I live on an army base so there are a lot of "buff army guys" here. It used to intimidate me to run in front of them now it motivates me. My hubby is a natural athlete and runs too and he'll be doing his first race too after mine. SO it is one of those "sports" that works for everyone, can be done everywhere and gives awesome results...when I say I "ran my butt off" I really mean it....lol

Leanne
SW 204 (9 months preg) Sept 21/05
SW 190 (lost 14lbs with delivery/baby) Sept 25/05
CW 121.6
GW 121-124, but where I am comfortable..
Old 05-19-2005, 08:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! It's a beautiful spring morning here and I was out the door at 6am, ran 9k, and was home and drinking coffee by 7am. A great start to the day.

wndranne, I admire you for just leaving your house when it's 100F. Any time we get close to that sort of temp (only for a few days at most in July) all I want to do is sit in a pool all day and drink diet coke. Of course, not having air conditioning except in the car doesn't help. I've been known to go to the mall just for the a/c. And I love the run/walk/waddle image.

paperclippy, hope your toes are feeling better by now!

leanne, welcome! Good luck on your upcoming race. I have to admire anyone who can run 10k 8 months after having a baby (and back at your goal weight already too!). I think my youngest was about 8 months when I started attempting to run and it was several months later before I was going 10k even occasionally (she's now almost 16 months). I wish running melted off fat for me; it seems that my increased hunger compensates for the extra exercise and I really have to pay attention to what I'm putting in my mouth. Buff army guys must be a nice bonus motivation though.

Welcome Arizona! Keep working at it slowly, and you'll be doing more running than walking before you know it.

Mrs. Dawsondn, welcome. If you can run a mile now, you must have amazing leg strength. Even gaining about 5lbs over the winter/early spring slowed me down a bit.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote