05-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Join Date: Feb 2005
100 reasons to lose 100 pounds.
Hi everyone I will be starting the South Beach Diet soon and found this online I need to lose about 100 pounds and I just wanted to share this with you all here:
Top 100 reasons to lose 100 pounds
1. To feel good about ourselves
2. To have GREAT sex!
3. So we won't think people are laughing or talking about us
4. To buy clothes in a normal store and actually get clothes with some style to them that fit correctly
5. To have more energy
6. To be able to tie your shoes/paint toenails
7. To be able to sit on a floor and get up gracefully
8. To wear a bathing suit
9. To cross your legs or sit Indian style
10. To fit into an airline/theatre/bus/whatever seat without spilling over and without having to see "that look" from the person who has to sit beside you.
11. So our ankles won't swell
12. To fit into a booth at any restaurant
13. To not need an extension to a seat belt on an airplane and to have the tray table not balance on our bellies
14. To not worry about being decapitated in our cars with our seat belts on if we should be in an accident
15. To not turn beet red after moderate exertion
16. To be able to pick something up off the floor
17. Panty Hose that fit
18. To go to an amusement park and ride the rides
19. To be able to sit in any chair without worry of breakage
20. To not have to apologize when caught in a narrow aisle and have someone need to get by
21. To go dancing, sky diving, bungee jumping....
22. To be able to go horseback riding or ride a bike
23. To not worry about rashes and sweating
24. To not have to listen to "caring" people ask why you don't diet or worse still... "gee you have such a pretty face"
25. To not worry about spilling food, sauces or gravy down the front of your blouse/dress/shirt when eating
26. To not have to think up some excuse for not doing something because you know your weight will impede you
27. To not have your belly hit the steering wheel and to be able to fit comfortably in the driver's seat
28. To have a bra fit comfortably and to be able to buy underwear at Victoria's Secret rather than at "Tubby the Underwear Guy"
29. To not have to worry about the weight limit of step stools, ladders, motorcyles, exercise equipment, etc.
30. To not get stuck in a turnstyle
31. To not wake up feeling achey in the back..or to have ache-free legs and feet
32. So the bathroom scale won't creak and groan when you step on it
33. To be able to leave the tablecloth on the table at a restaurant ...instead of dragging it with you when you get up
34. So you won't look the other way when you see yourself in a monitor where they have security cameras
35. To never be embarrassed about your size
36. To not count tying shoes as daily exercise
37. To not have to wait for the handicap stall when there are plenty of other stalls available
38. To not be more out of shape than seniors
39. To not break toilet seat when leaning to one side
40. To be able to put on wedding rings again
41. To try to make a double chin and fail!
42. Buy clothing bargains..to fit the next year and they do!
43. Not to have to worry about plastic zippers or having your pants bust open
44. Normal waistbands rather than elastic!
45. To wear knee socks correctly instead of worn like slouches!
46. To look good in a tee shirt!
47. To try on slacks or jeans and have the pant leg actually fit over leg!
48. To be able to get close to sink and not come away with a wet belly!
49. To get out of a stuffed chair GRACEFULLY and not look down to see if the chair has come up with you!
50. To not worry if the hairdresser's smock will fit!
51. To not be self-conscious about eating in front of others!
52. To not be afraid to ask which hairstyle suits your face.
52. To not have people checking you out after looking in your grocery cart.
53. To not feel (and look) like a sausage in stirrup pants.
54. To have your friends NOT be embarrased to be seen with you.
55. To get promotions/hired or close that sale.
56. Pants that stay up because your waist is smaller than your butt!
57. No more boobs! (this is for the guys!)
58. Wearing shorts or tank tops without fear of arrest or grossing out others!
59. To not have the fear of being rejected.
60. To successfully flirt!
61. To not worry about how to get in and out of the back seat in a two door car!
62. One size fits all and it fits you!
63. To have a lap.
64. To not have the car you are ride in slant in your direction.
65. To be able to use toilet paper as it was meant to be used and not to have to invent ways to "get the job done".
66. To not have to watch TV news reports on fat people in hopes that you haven't been caught on camera!
67. To be able to get between cars in a parking lot without wiping the dust off with your belly and your butt.
68. No more heat rashes and chafing in the upper thighs.
69. So that the cloth in the thigh area doesn't wear away long before the rest of the slacks do!
70. To meet a friend online and not be horrified to have to send a picture of yourself.
71. To not take fat references and fat jokes personally.
72. To know you can go anywhere because wherever you sit you CAN be comfortable and look at ease.
73. To shop at the mall and not have your back ache from lugging your huge butt and stomach around!
74. To be able to stand still, carrying nothing and still look poised.
75. To be able to cross your arms across your chest without them resting on your stomach!
76. To have your feet get smaller.
77. Using your mouth to taste and chew food rather than as just a route to get the food from your lips to your stomach.
78. Blood pressure returns to normal.
79. To avoid other health complications from being overweight.
80. To be able to borrow a co-worker's jacket for an important impromptu meeting.
81. To meet someone for the first time and their eyes don't pop out of their head with amazement...because they never knew you fat!
82. To see your reflection in a mirror or store window without turning away!
83. To wear a watch with a regular length watch band.
84. To look in the mirror when getting your hair cut without thinking you have the biggest face in the world.
85. To not mind getting your picture taken.
86. To not avoid going to the doctor because you have to get "weighed" in.
87. To wake up each morning feeling energized and ready to go.
88. To not even worry about squeezing into small spaces.
89. To not have to enter an elevator and check the weight limit.
90. To look in your closet and have problems deciding which stylish outfit to work since you have so many that look good and fit well.
91. To not have to lie perfectly still in bed at night for fear of breaking the bed!
92. To buy tie shoes instead of slip ons!
93. To be able to walk any distance without looking for a bench to sit on.
94. To look forward to shopping and just trying on clothes!
95. To be able to drive by any fast food place without salivating!
96. To be able to shop at the same store for food instead of having to remember where you shopped last night for the junk food so you can avoid that store for a few days!
97. To not feel lower than low when an inncoent chikd remarks about your size!
98. To not constantly be thinking of where your next morsel of food is coming from.
99. To talk about maintenance when you pop into the Century Club to encourage the others on!
And the 100th reason to lose 100 pounds.....
I'M WORTH IT!
*** I hope that you all enjoy this while some of it with either bring you to tears or make you laugh or smile. I hope that it inspires us to keep going on ***
Eat to live DON'T live to eat!
Last edited by CarolD2005; 05-14-2005 at 12:53 AM.