Old 05-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  
Jumping on the WL Train!

Default 20-something and Fabulous!!

Are there any other 20-somethings out there who want to form a support group?? I'd love to have a group with people my age working towards a similar goal (getting our lives back on a healthy track!!) so let me know if you'd be interested
Happy Housewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:07 AM   #2  
I believe in Futures

Hello Happy Housewife,

Count me in on the 20-somethings support group! We need one of these to motivate one another. Anyway, I started my diet at the beginning of this year (2005) and have lost 30lbs so far. Unfortunately I've been on a plateau for the past few weeks which prompted me to join 3FC. I needed the encouragement and advice from others in my situation or who have successfully moved passed it. I must say I'm getting a little addicted to this! This website is the first thing I check every morning. Haha!

I'm not on any specific diet per se. I'm through with different "types" of diets because I have yo-yo dieted my entire life and have tried everything out there from low-fat to low-carb to no-carb, and now believe in only exercise, following a healthy eating plan, and of course, the only sure way to lose weight is to consume less calories than you expend! Simple yes, but it's also the truth!

I hope to hear from you soon and others who want to get in gear! Have a splendid Friday!
purplebanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Have you checked out the 20-something board? There is a lot of great people who visit it often. Come over and see us!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #4  
Jumping on the WL Train!

purplebanana, Congratulations on 30 pounds lost!! That's a great achievement

flxthct, I have read through the 20-somethings board, and it seems great but I'd also like just a thread here too!! (the more support thebetter! Right?)
Old 05-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #5  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey 20 somethingers!! Having a support site for us is a great idea. Purplebana, it sounds like we are on the same "diet". I'm just eating healthy small meals and exercising like a mad woman! I eat about 5 times a day, which I really think is helping to speed up my metabolism, I take a spin class 3 days a week, I swim 2 days a week and I take a strength training class 2 days a week. I lift weights at home on the days that I do spin & swim. I have decided that if I "diet" it doesn't work. What I'm doing now I could easily do for the rest of my life and I think that will make the biggest difference in me being able to get the weight off and keep it off. I also have learned that if I don't workout before I go to work in the morning, I won't go. So everyday at 6am I'm at the gym sweating my butt off. Anyway, HELLO and I'm here if anybody needs some support because I know I'll need to sooner or later
leannealise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:41 PM   #6  
I believe in Futures

Wow leannealise! you sure have some amazing willpower! Getting up at 6am to workout is awesome! Go you! haha I'm still a student now so my schedule is bit more flexible and allows me to workout midday, but I'm worried about how I will transition this into the "real world" when I have to work full-time and can't exercise at my leisure.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is doing well and keep the posts coming! Cheerios
Old 05-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #7  
Jumping on the WL Train!

I second that!! I can barely get up at 8am to take my husband to work!! I do walk a mile or two every day (with my dog!) But that's about it! I need to get better!

I'm proud of myself though, today...day 2... I had a salad for lunch with turkey breast (1 small serving) and fresh green beans!! And I'm not hungry at all yet!! And giving up soda has been working surprisingly well too!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #8  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi, I'm 26 (for a couple more weeks anyway), so I'll join you here.

I'm another early morning gym bunny, I'm usually there for 7 to sweat bucketloads before work. At the moment I'm mainly doing running and swimming, but I'm trying to get back into doing weights too as I've been neglecting them a bit recently.

I'm eating loads of fresh fruit and veg at the moment and actually really enjoying it. I really need to start eating lots of different fruit and veg though instead of just lots and lots of the same ones, every day... My staples at the moment are satsumas, raspberries and peppers, but I've got a couple of new things in the fridge to try at some point.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:24 AM   #9  
I believe in Futures

Welcome YP1

Another early bird. I don't know why, but I can't workout after rolling out of bed. My body needs time to "wake up" I guess. That, and I need to get a little caffeine in my body (through tea though, not coffee! haha ). I'm working on eating more fruits/veggies and like yourself, I have tendency to eat the same ones: banana's (my all time favorite fruit ), oranges, and sometimes apples. But I eat peach yogurt a lot, so does that count? Hahaha. I definitely don't eat enough veggies. I haven't found any veggies that appeal to me enough to make an effort to eat it. *sigh* Working on it though! Talk to you all soon...
Old 05-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Count me in as a 5am exerciser...since I started my 8-5 job I've found that's the best time for me to workout because the gym is much more crowded after work plus I don't have as much energy. I try to have a carbohydrate snack before going to work out and then some protein afterwards and it has been working out pretty well.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #11  
I believe in Futures

LOL. Omigoodness!!! The madness! I can't believe how many early birds there are! Haha Well, in all honesty, I'm jealous! Way to go and keep it going! So lizzbabe, if you get up everyday at 5am to exercise, what time do you go to bed? Do you find it difficult to have to go to bed at such an early time every night? I guess that's where my problem is. I don't stick to a routine when it comes to sleeping. I try to get in my 6-8 hours of sleep, but it's hard when you have class until 10pm!! Anyway, have a great weekend!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I added a new fruit today, instead of my normal raspberry and low fat yoghurt snack I had my raspberry and low fat yoghurt snack with an extra portion of blackberries. Yum!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #13  
Jumping on the WL Train!

Wow to you ladies who work out every morning!! I hope to get to that point!

I've set two goals for myself this week!!

1: Give up Soda
2: Exercise (at least a small amount) every day!

I may actually use my gym membership that I never use!!
Old 05-14-2005, 02:45 PM   #14  
I believe in Futures

Giving up soda is a GREAT start! I'm sure you can make it through the week without it! I haven't drank soda in over a year and last weekend when I was over at my friends house, she gave me a cup of coke and I drank it without thinking or looking at it!! Yeesh. Let me tell you, it BURNED my esophagus!! It's been so long since I had it that I'm all sensitive to it now!!! Hahahaha Anyway, thought I'd just share that tidbit Talk to you soon...