Good Morning

Hows everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Morning Leenie

I have good news, and bad news.....good news is ...son-in-law( I keep typing sil, but it should be step-son) has been approved to come home from Iraq, and should be here hopefully before Monday. The bad news is dil is not doing good. She has to have surgery for one of her clots, but they cant do it until her blood levels are in a certain range. She's looking good, and in good spirits, but is very scared. The very large clot in her calf, has moved up to her thigh and thats the one they are worried about.

On the home front things are good, my eating is all stress related. I need to reign it in a bit....no, alot!! Dh is happy his son is coming home, but not happy about the circumstances. We are all pretty worried. Kids are doing good, but they dont know their dad is coming home yet. We thought it would be best to not tell them until we knew for sure he was here in Buffalo, and the kids would be able to see him. You just never know what could happen and the kids would be crushed if things got changed around.

Well, thats it for my corner of the world...Im off to straighten it as best I can Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by RobinW; 05-12-2005 at 09:38 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  

Oh, Robin, I hope your DIL is okay! And congrats on the SIL getting to come home! That's very exciting.

I usually lurk on this board, but I've been here for a while. It's funny, you know, because over the months I've been here I've heard everyone give great advice about how weight loss in not linear, and how TOM and ovulation and things like that screw around with your water weight, and yet this morning, when I was up a pound and a half I was STILL disappointed! I know it's water weight, because I've been saintly eating-wise, and because I feel so bloated it's like I'm taking up all the available space in the room. Nevertheless, ugh.

So I'm upping my water today, and my vegetables, and hoping that'll help a bit. If anyone has any other good ideas I'd be happy to have them! I hate that 'my pants are too tight' feeling. Especially when I'm used to them being really loose now. *g*

Hope everyone has a great day!
Reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie:

Robin: Good news on the SIL...did I miss something? Why isn't DH happy about the circumstances of why he's coming home? Is it because of DIL? Sorry, I'm confused lately! Sorry about the DIL! Hope her surgery goes well!!

Well, I blew it last night. Started out with ice cream sandwich...then progressed to pizza....topped off with donuts. BLECH! What an idiot I am! Not even sure WHY I did it. Told DH that I have to start treating all that stuff like it's going to make me sick. Not sure why I can't manage to stay OP. I did it before so I should be able to again, right? I'm trying to figure out how to get through THIS weekend OP and then again in July (weekend camp trip with GS). So might have 2 more times of not being OP. But the rest of the time I've got to SERIOUSLY work on it!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

ss has to come home because dil is very sick. We are very happy he's coming home, so is his dad, but not under these circumstances.

Everything happens for a reason. We'll find out why all this has happened later I suppose.

Reveille~ sounds like your doing just what you need to do to help with the extra water weight. The only thing I could add to help is to up your water by 1/2 more of what you usually drink. Not just 2 or 3 glasses more. If you drink 8, add 4-5 more. This always works for me....I pee all night, but Im usually much better the next day. I also have a cup of fruity herbal tea before bed too. I dont know if its all in my head but it seems to work
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

WI today and I am down 3 pounds from last week! WOO HOO!

I am a crazy busy woman this week. That is why the sparse posts!

Robin - I will be praying for your DIL. I hope all goes well with her and the surgery. And I am glad your SIL is coming home to be with her. I know that will be a great help!

Brenda - you can do it! Just pick yourself up and move on today! I know you can do it!

Revielle - Welcome! Drink lots of water and it will get you through! I hope you will post here more often! It really helps to chat with the gang!

Oh, I thought I would share one thing with you all. I am shooting for a loss of 35 pounds by my Class reunion in October. I am already down 11 pounds so only 24 more to go for that! That will put me in range of my final goal!

Hey has anyone heard from Star?
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Reveille: Sorry I missed your post this morning!! We must have been posting at the same time. I've no good advice on how to get through TOM. But sounds like you're on track with it! Keep up the great work and hope to see you posting more often

Robin: thanks for the explanation. I had a feeling that was why but didn't know for sure. keep us posted on how things go!!

Karen: Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing great and are a great inspiration!! Keep up the great work and you'll make your goal!!

Trying to figure out how to stay OP through the weekend. I think I mentioned that before. Can figure out the supper & lunch but not the breakfast options. Any suggestions? It's going to have to be something I can munch on fast because I'm going to have to help w/the breakfast of everyone else. Maybe a LC bar would do the trick. I'll worry about the camping in July when the time comes
Old 05-12-2005, 02:24 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Oh....forgot to say I haven't heard from Star since that last time she popped in. Was that a couple weeks ago?
Old 05-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #9  

Hello gang.

Jane was a BAD girl today....she ate a WHOLE tuna sandwich now she feels like crap! And I have to meet a friend for dinner tonight......

I said to myself...if you want to get into those capris in the closet don't have the sandwich....but did I listen! NOOOOOOOOOOO

Ugh!

Leenie:

Robin: Glad to hear your stepson is coming home. I bet your dil is happy about that..maybe it will help ease her mind. Don't worry about the eating..just get through this tough time.

Reveille: Welcome! Oh the bloats! We all get it....just drink lots and lots of water. Sounds weird considering the problem is fluid doesn't it. But the water helps it really does. Pop in more often!

Karen: YOU GO GIRL! Brenda is right...you are an inspiration. Can you rub me for luck. I could use some of your determination. I meant to ask you the other day...have you seen those crocheted flip flops that are all the rage. I couldn't help it I made a pair from pink flip flops and used white and pink fun fur. They are a riot. I love wearing them around the house.

Brenda: Are you at least maintaining? That is a good thing you know....we all go up and down. How much more do you want to lose? I think you do just fine. For breakfast...I love the Quaker Q-Smart Bars. They are yummy...especially if you get the peanut/chocolate one

Yes, we miss Star around here...but she must be awful busy at her new job.

Well....I gotta run. Have a great night all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Jane: Pick yourself up and start fresh tomorrow. You were doing SO good! No, I'm not maintaining..I've gained. I've got at LEAST 18 pounds left to go. Doesn't sound like much does it?

I'm going to have to make MY supper & lunch tomorrow and put it in a cooler. Won't have to worry about it staying cold I'll look for some of those Q-Smart bars. Not sure if they'll have it at our local store. I've got to pack for 3 tomorrow. Rain gear, extra clothes, etc. Good thing is...if we get TOO wet I can alway dash home (5 minutes away) for extra stuff But can't while we're doing the supper/breakfast/lunch thing because they'll need all the adult help they can get w/the kids. But I AM determined to stay away from the junk (yup, even the dump cake) and stay OP. I might see if I can get myself a LC treat while they're eating that!! Sounds like a plan to me!!! And I should be getting PLENTY of exercise. If I remember I'll bring my pedometer. I just hope it doesn't rain TOO badly or is TOO cold. Otherwise it's going to be a MISERABLE night & day!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

oh!!!!! I just came home from a plant sale. I can't even say all the different plants I bought. All plants were $2. They're perrenials so I need to figure out where to put them all now! WOOHOO!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760

Karen: YOU GO GIRL! Brenda is right...you are an inspiration. Can you rub me for luck. I could use some of your determination. I meant to ask you the other day...have you seen those crocheted flip flops that are all the rage. I couldn't help it I made a pair from pink flip flops and used white and pink fun fur. They are a riot. I love wearing them around the house.
LOL Jane! I make a ton of them last summer. My daughter still has her pink ones. I need to make myself another pair this year. I trashed last years!

The only thing I can say about my determination is that I am so tired of feeling like CRAP! My asthma got the best of me this last year, and I am determined to get a hold of it. So far, so good!

Well, today I spent the morning helping out with the March of Dimes bank day for Walk america this weekend. My daughter and I are walking with the Snohomish County Embassetor and her family team. Our team raised over 13,000!!! We are very excited about that!

In September I am going to hand out to all my Brownies one of the March of Dimes Boxes and set a goal for each girl to collect $10 by the end of the year in change. then we will all do the walk together next May! I think it will be a fun service project!

I am so tired now though. I had to go pick up the Cookie prizes for my girls, then meet with our treasurer to go over the finacial report for the end of the year... while I was there, my lovely dear Daughter was playing with a metal bat and a rubber stability ball. The bat swung back and smacked her right in the mouth.. blood everywhere. And she has a swollen and cracked lip! Poor baby!

Well, I am out of here for the evening!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote