Old 05-09-2005, 08:30 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Cluck- 5/9

Well, it's a brand new, rainy day. I've got TONS to do and not enough time in this day to do it. Isn't that always the case? How come I didn't ever seem this busy when I worked OUTSIDE the house and got paid for it? lol. But at least all the plants I planted are getting a good dousing of water. And I'll get some inside stuff done (bills paid, new computer program played with all the important stuff. lol).
Hope you all had a great weekend. Don't know about you all but MY weekend sure went WAYYY too fast!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:46 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning brenda and all to come.
Some of you know that I have been knee deep in school auctions. I did tech for one and ran another. Well both are over and I have CRASHED!
my Crohns and Colitis has kicked in for an added bonus and I am pooped out.
Fridays auction went well. I did not have nearly enough help but managed. I only sold one item twice and thank god it was not redsox tickets. I couldn't rctify that since there are no tickets to be had anywhere. Actually one item sold twice of 300 really isn't too bad.

I spent the entire day in my PJ's yesterday and took 2 2hour naps! I am showered and dressed this morning and will try to muster the enregy to go out and get a few things done.

Happy day,
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #3  

Glad to hear all went well and only the one snafu, L. Take care of yourself - you need some pampering to recharge your jets!

Brenda - It rained cats and dogs here yesterday and into the night but it looks clear/sunny this a.m. Boy do I hear ya on the too much to do and not enough hours. I often wish for just a day where the world stops and lets me catch up - I think I might be able to cope better if that happened!

Hope everyone had a nice Mother's day. The ex came over to work with the boys on some household stuff (I'm still puzzled about his sudden 'helpfulness' - leopards don't change their spots) so I took off for my mom's and we talked, went shopping, had a late lunch. It was very nice. Then it was back home to work on the mountain of laundry.

Well, happy Monday everyone - think positive thoughts to get you thru the day.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda~ we can re-induction together!!

L~ Get some rest......sounds like you need it.

We went to Dinosaur BBQ yesterday, and OMG it was awesome!! I keep telling dh, its a good thing we dont live in Rochester...because we would be eating out wayyyyyyyyy too often on stuff that was soooooooo not good for us!!

When we got home, I called my mom.....she hadnt been home most of the day. Chatted with her a while, then we picked up the grandkids. Now because we were out of town all day, we missed everything that happened. Turns out dil was in the hospital most of the day, and she has many clots in her leg! They are telling us this morning that she may be there for the week. It doesnt sound good, and hopefully everything will be ok. We will have the grandkids while she is there....so, today we have to go shopping for some more kid friendly foods. Im thinking they arent going to like chicken and salad for supper!! My dd is used to it. Please send out prayers and good thoughts, one parent in the hospital, and the other in Iraq. I know everything will be fine, but we still worry.

We are off for some coffee, then shopping.......have a good day everyone!

Its gloriously sunny here today (again)
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #5  

First chance to check in all day!!!!!!!

Managed to get through the weekend without too much trouble. Could do better. Doing great today. Really low on carbs as a matter of fact. May need to snack on a piece of cheese before I go to a meeting I have to attend tonight.

RobinW: good thoughts coming your way. Hope your dil is better soon.

Hi Kel: Have we met?

L144S: So sorry you're not feeling well....please rest and take care.

Brenda: We are having a rainy week too.....hope we get some sun this week! My plants are like wet cats!

Well, off I go ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOM
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #6  

Robin - Sending prayers and healing vibes your DIL's way. How scary! What were the clots caused from? Blood clots are a mystery to me - they seem to just crop up sometimes. Is this something else I have to worry about?

Hi, Jane - I am one of the low carb forum transplants (along with L and Dottie). We ALL used to be together as one big family once upon a time (that is why I know some of you oldie-but-goodies) but then were splintered off. Is is nice to meet you.

We got some major weather going on today - hail, rain, thunder, lightening - with periods of sunshine inbetween! Very bizaare for Northern Cali. I sure hope we don't lose power. Or maybe that would be fun as we would probably go out to eat and a movie or something!

Have a fine rest of the day -

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote