Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 12:36 PM   #1  

Default Cow in a funk

Cowbelles, I'm going to do something about this blubber. I know I've said it before, but I'm serious now. I put on my khaki pants this morning and I can still zip 'em, but it ain't a pretty sight. I made an appointment with my Dr. to have her put me on some anti-depressants again. I'm going to blame gaining 20 lbs. since last November on my stressful kid situation and depression. I can't do anything about the kid situation but I can work on doing something about the 's. So that's the plan. Wish me luck.

Sorry about the heavy first post of the day. But hey, I never promised you a rose filled cow pasture.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:00 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Angry Good plan

Flylady says it's AntiProcrastination Day, so get right on that, babe! I've considered getting back on antidepressants too, but the first several-year-long experiment in drug happiness was such a failure I hate to start it all over again. Since I gave up on that, I took St. John's Wort for a few years, which was about as effective without the side effects, but I stopped those a few weeks ago. Since then, I've cut my hair and nearly given up all daytime naps, so I guess maybe I'm on the right track after all!

Well, I'm sure you really needed to hear my meandering thoughts Anyway, I hope you get what you need, Wabster.

I'm going to go try making coffee in this weird pot my MIL found (at a yard sale, of course). It's a vacuum pot, made out of all stainless steel (The pic below is a glass one I found online, but mine is the same idea). We had been trying to find a stainless drip pot for our friends' sailboat (we have one that came from stepfather's first marriage a hundred years ago and was so perfect for boat coffee that they wanted one too). Anyway MIL came up with this one which we tried to use as a drip pot and couldn't figure out. Turns out it works upside down. Instead of pouring water over the grounds in the top, you put the water in the pot on the bottom and boil it until it goes through a tube into the top where the grounds are, then you remove the heat and the coffee gets "vacuumed" back down into the bottom again. Cool huh?

Later
Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 07-18-2001 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:33 PM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

Default Kiwi's running a heroin factory

See the syringe in front of the cooking apparatus?
Wabby, I'm all for pharmaceutical help. Go for it. More important, take care of you. If you don't no one else will.
Life here is very hectic. My mother has breast cancer and is in the middle of getting everything sorted out in that area. I really don't think that I would opt for treatment if I were she, but she is going for it. I feel that the treatment is what killed MIL and if it didn't kill her, it sure ruined the last seven months of her life.
Kids are fine. I'm fine. DH is fine....we're going to the shore tomorrow.....can't wait. I love the waves.
Hope all is well with all of you.
And Wabby, you give 'em h*ll.
Old 07-19-2001, 01:14 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

The shore sounds like fun, Lushie. Hope the weather holds up. Best of luck to your mom; what an agonizing decision.

I guess Peachbutt is in California trying to get in the movies and roller blading at the beach. Herbie better keep an eye on her.

Since I'm sure you all wanted to see a Sweet Baby James picture, I'll post it here. Thanks Bagz. Yes, some of those pics were different. I think there were 4 different ones! Do you have any more?

Hi Wabby and Sugar and anyone else who's lurking around.

Kiwi
Old 07-19-2001, 01:20 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Well, that's just mean

Seems you can't post a picture if you preview your message first. How dumb

Ok I'll try again.

And just for that aggravation, I'm going to post 2 pictures. ha, that'll teach em.

Last edited by Kiwonk; 02-01-2004 at 12:11 AM. Reason: removed photo cuz I need more space for me me me
Old 07-19-2001, 03:48 PM   #6  

Default Geez.

Sweet baby James sure ain't a baby anymore is he? Oh well, I look a little older than I did in 1972 too.

I picked the loveliest bouquet from my yard. It has black eyed susans, shasta daisies, purple butterfly bush and small sunflowers. It's so summery. I brought it to work so I can squint my eyes and pretend I'm working in my yard. Much more fun than doing billings.

Just checking in, Cows. Moooooo!
Old 07-19-2001, 05:57 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Thumbs up %$&§"% puter!

Geeeez! Since about 3 p.m. today my computer screen kept going black every 5 seconds and I had to turn the screen off and on to get another 5 seconds. How annoying is THAT! Like being blind. Dh said it was because the graphic thingie was overloaded so I deleted everthing I could (in between the darkness) and it still wouldn't work. Then I went in to the display thing and pushed one button and voila! Here I am again. Men know nothing. And to think all you poor cows were suffering here without me.

I did something about my flab today (25 mins on the exerbike and weights after that) but I sure wish I could do something about Lushy's mom and Wabby's kid problem . And Baby James' lack of hair, of course. God, is he THAT old?

Kiwi darlin' - my parents had one of those metal coffee pots way back in the 60's and 70's. Maybe it's a Canadian invention? Actually, I have an electric tea machine that works that way too. Go figure
Old 07-19-2001, 06:15 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi SugarBaby

Glad you fixed your computer. Wabbit's flowers sound so nice. We have a (very small) handful of tiger lilies blooming among the weeds, but that's it. All the grass is gone because of army worms--they look tent caterpillars but they eat grass. They left all the weeds though. Wasn't that nice of them?

Wabbit, do you know how to improve the quality of life for tiger lilies? We used to have bunches and bunches but the amount of flowering seems to dwindle every year. I suspect they need something, but being a complete garden moron I can't imagine what.

Tata

Kiwi
Closed Thread