Old 04-19-2005, 07:49 PM   #1  
Member Florida Chick

Default Way Over 40 #14

Hi everyone: I havae been absent for a long time it seems. I don't know where the time goes to. I have been reading and just not taking the time to write.

Candice: Barring any complications the new method of gall bladder removal is very simple. A friend of mine had it and she was back to work within a week. Of course some restrictions like no heavy lifting, etc. Sorry to hear about your SIL. There sure is a big difference between 6 months and 6 years. If she is a fighter I bet she will fool them all with their dire predictions.

Siwa: Bet your tulips are pretty. I do miss spring flowers here. We can't have tulips and daffodils, etc, since they need dormant periods and of course we don't have that. I am happy to report the the so-called apapearing dead stick has now grown into a real little tree. The man at the Nursery where we bought the crepe Myrtle said it might bloom this summer. i sure hope so. That would be great.

Welcome to our Toronto-ish new member. Now that I am here on the new thread I have to confess I have forgotten your name. But glad to hear that you are walking and doing all sorts of exercises to keep in shape. I have an AFS daughter in Norway who has M.S. She exercises as much as she can. Do you have WW chapters around you? That would be a great way to get started on a formal weight loss program and they would be able to give you hints on what sorts of foods are available for you. In a cosmopolitan city like Toronto, you ought to have lots of choices available. Also the South Beach Diet is a very good program. And I know all of the foods that are a part of Phase 1 and Phase 2 are readily available in most stores. Send me a message on 3Fat Chicks, and I'll be glad to email you.

Okay- Where are you Berniece, Kate, Alice, Barb. I know you haven't fallen off the planet, any more than I did. So please keep in touch.

I have been bike riding with a friend, and we rode 5 miles tonight. Also been going to curves and walking most every morning. I wasn't doing very well last week, as i had a miserable spring cold. Now I just have the cold sore as a reminder of the darn thing.

I'm going to try to get back to the board more often. 'See' you, Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

P.S. I went back to find your name Kacey, but now of course I'm not sure if I am spelling it right. But hope you'll forgive me. I am struggling to keep off the weight I lost after being in the hospital for 10 days last fall with major surgery. And havae struggles with my weight for most of my life. So, as I say send me a message through the 3 Fat chicks and maybe we can chat via email. I used to live just across the border, being the St. Lawrence River, in Clayton New York, before we moved to Florida, so I do have a little familiarity with some Canadian products. Ann.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:49 AM   #3  

Hi Lizzie...thanks for the new thread! I thought maybe all of you gals fell off the wagon for sure! Glad your cold is better....

Siwa.....Lilacs are blooming now.....bought some more flowers but a cold front went through and I can't plalt yet!

Surgical consult is May 2nd.....I gotta get yard stuff done, mulching, weeding, tilling, plalting...oh so much to do....and I will not beable to sit still after surgery if I feel good! Hope I do not gain anything.......,maybe I can just walk if my hips will take it.

SIL had bone surgery but we do not how she is doing yet.......
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Hi Gang, Just dropping in to say hi. Everything is still going really badly for us, and I haven't been in the mood to eat healthy or to keep up with my cyberfriends, but I did want to check in and let you know that, no I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but sometimes I'm wishing I could.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately too (keeps me from worring about things I can't do anything about) and have just recently re-discovered James Patterson, I just finished the 3rd of the Women's Murder Club books. Somehow I'm drawn to books with a female heroine. Okay I know all heroines are females, but maybe I should say female leading character,

I'll try to check in more oftern, and CJ hope your surgery goes well.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #5  
Citizen of the World

CANDICE--That same cold snap was and is still here too. I'd rather have it be in the 50's in april than in the 80's which it was. I picked 24 tulips from the cutting garden and they look so lovely in the kitchen. I have some cream colored ones that have a great fragrance. They are in a vase with the pink ones and the pure white ones are with the red ones. I just love this growing season when I have the house full of flowers. The garden is coming along nicely with green poking up every where. My lilacs have a long way to go til bloom. Have buds but this cold weather will slow them down. Also have buds on azaleas and rhododendrons.

I've been busy painting a bathroom. 2 coats of beige on ceiling, two coats of moss green on walls and one coat creamy white on the old ugly brown vanity. Just another coat on the vanity and I'm done!! Seems like it's taking forever. We're puting in a new sink/vanity top and new lighting so it will look like a new room. It sure is difficult to paint in a bath--esp around and behind the toilet. This is a small bath but it took me 4+ hours to do the cutting in cuz there are so many things to cut around. Then only 1 hour to paint w/the roller. The vanity is oil based paint and that goes on so smoothly but the CLEAN UP!! Yuk!

That's pretty much my life these days--Italian class, homework and painting. Next is the guest bedroom. Will it ever end?
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:14 AM   #6  

Hi Barb and Siwa..helped Dh mow this week and been in the yard alot..trying to get a hold on weeds and grass gowing in with the flowers..not a good thing at all!...gonna rain the rest of this week but I can still mulch in the rain......but it is the cold that bothers me! I had a bouqet of peach tulips with my plum tree blossoms earlier so pretty..Siwa I bet your house looks and smells faboulous with fresh flowers!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:53 AM   #7  

Almost got my big irsis and plum tree bed done....did some transplanting too...really hurting in my hips and knees...maybe because I was on the cold ground on my knees!

Rabbits a real problem..eating everything..everywhere!!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #8  
Citizen of the World

I haven't been in the garden at all lately. It's too cold outside and besides I'm still painting. Now I'm painting the doors and drawers of the vanity. The new counter/sink is in and looks good. I'm happy w/the paint job and colors too. I'm trying to get that job done and do other things (some of them fun) at the same time. Growing things are kind of at a stand still due to the colder than norm temps but that's OK w/me. Rabbits don't appear to have done much damage this year. Perhaps when the cats got 4 bunnies last year it was a good thing. Hope to keep the deer at bay agin this yr too.

April was a busy month with many activities--mostly Red Hat. I'll have to remember to not schedule myself so fully in May and the coming months. Events sound like fun so I just say "yes" and forget how many until I look at the calendar and realize I've left no time for doing anything at home. Have to get into hig gear to finish the guest room before guests arrive the end of June.

Italian class is still going well and still enjoying it. I feel like I'm really learning and at a quick rate. 4 students from Ital I did not register for Ital II and they were the slower ones so we're moving at a better pace now.

Everyone must be either VERY busy or bored with this site cuz we've sure cut down the number of us who post lately.

Hi Candice, Barb and Ann.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:37 AM   #9  

Siwa..I bet your bathroom looks really nice...wish I could do some apintingf around here....my sons old room is the worst. (but I have it filled wioth boxes of stuff with no where else to put them.) He might bring a fridn home this summer and we ahve nowhere for them to sleep! (since I am up allnight in the livingroom with the TV on). I had to put all my pots in the garage..chance of a freeze..moved all my pansies too! I think I wil put artificial out next year! LOL

I am scheduled for surgery the 19th..... that (9:30AM appointment about killed me..I need sleep...worked in the yard for 6 hours straight with out food (forgot to eat) Saturday and my hips and knees are bad........trying to get yard stuff done before the gallbladder comes out.....and I had the car loaded down with bags of mulch and groceries and it was dark when I got home and I missed the driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!! Hit the metal culvert and cracked the front of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a 1000 deductible.. and DH is not happy with me! (at least I didn't get hurt!) Ha! see why I do not drive when I am tired! Also.... I thought he was already home from work and inside at 8:45 PM.... but he was still in his car messing around ....so when I saw the car light on and someone moving around while I was turning in the drive I got distracted and thought someone was breaking into his car! (so I missed the drive!!!!!!!!!!) Thank goodness I was going very very very slow as to not dump my groceries all over the back seat!...........Woe is me! Ha! We got it out of the ditch without help......but the poor car......oh well another 1000 down the drain!
Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Oh Candice: Sorry about the car, but that can be fixed. I'm glad you weren't hurt. I think we must all be too busy or something, not to post very often. We have been missing the other Florida girls, and Barb & Kate. Where are you?
Are you having the laporascopic gallbladder surgery? And I can't imagine forgetting to eat. that is my whole difficulty. I like to eat too well, and then I have to get back to the WW again. Why can't I just learn.

Siwa: Your bathroom project sound like fun and it is nice to have a 'new' room. I do like to paint. My DD is coming down in July and I imagine we will have a painting project or two when she gets here. She is the decorator. Loves to do it, and has good ideas.

Hi everyone. Bernice= are you now back in Jersey, or are you making Fl. your permanent home? Hope to hear from you all. Ann
Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #11  

Lizzie..tell your DD to stop by here too I could use a good decorator!

Got some of that rabbit scoot stuff....capsaisin (hot pepper spray) to keep the bunnies from munching,they have eaten about all my new blooms!!!!!!!! hope it works. Off to the nursery down the road today...................afer I get some sleep!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #12  
Hang In There

Candice, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you wait for your surgery date. I'm so jealous of the big Iris bed. I love Iris and used to have a special bed that I had bought special iris' for, but somehow it ended up gone. I've started a new one and this was the first year I had blooms, hopefully next year I'll have more.

Siwa: The Red Hat thing seems to be taking over the country. Everywhere I go I see the red and purple!!!

Ann: I think of you quite often, but unfortunately I don't show it. Hope your health and that of your husband are still doing okay.

Anyone heard from Alice of Katey lately? As if I had room to talk!!!

Take care

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Are we all too busy with spring cleaning to say 'HI' . It seems that the days just fly by. What ishappening with you all?
Candice: Do you have a surgery date?
Barb: How is business?
Siwa: Are you still enjoying Curves and your Red hat Ladies?
Kate: No more snowdays. Read anything good lately?
Alice: Are you still enjoying Fl. I bet your traffic is thinning out now, like ours.
Berneice: Are you back in Jersey?
We are both doing well. DH has his next iron infusion on Monday.
Weight -wise I need motivation. : Ann
Old 05-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #14  
Citizen of the World

I've been busy painting. Just finished one bath. I painted ceiling, walls and vanity. That was the last ugly vanity in the house. They were an ugly reddish brown from the 60's. Have wanted them all gone but put off doing the last one til now. I enjoy painting w/oil base paint but the location of a vanity in a small bath makes some parts difficult to paint nicely. Now it's either on to the main bath or the guest room. Looks like I'll be painting for a while yet. Picked 13 pink tulips yesterday and they are cheering the kitchen (and me). Lilacs in the neighborhood have begun to bloom but I must have late ones cuz they are still tight buds. Other things are blooming now--it's truly spring!

I'm still goint to Curves daily--3 1/2 years! It's so routine now that it doesn't feel like a real day if I ever miss a day, which I rarely do. Red hat activities all the time. If I didn't have a husband and a house I'd be going to everything and I'd be busy almost daily. They are fun activities too. Our group is working on a scrapbook and I'm involved in that. Tomorrow is maraton scrapbook day. 9-3. We're trying to get the project done and not drag it out. We have 3 years of photos to scrap.

Wt wise I didn't feel like I was doing well cuz it's coming off so slowly but..........when I added it all up it turned out to be -20# so that sounds good. It has taken 5 months to lose it tho.

CANDICE--I'll be thinking of you on the 19th. Try to think about a speedy recovery and it may help. Keep a positive attitude.

Hi to all others.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

I'd be happy to lose 20#. Guess it is just a continual struggle. Hope the painting is coming along fine.

Candice: I guess Thursday is your surgery day. Hope all goes well. You will probably feel much better, once you are all healed and recuperated.

Hi to everyone else - Kate, Alice, Berneice, Barb

Keep well and losing.:. Ann