Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Exclamation OT: Snake in a ceral box!???

OMG, this is so nasty. What a way to lose your appetite eh? It is from MSNBC news.

British boy finds snake in cereal box
How non-poisonous serpent got there being probed
Updated: 11:04 a.m. ET May 4, 2005

LONDON - A British boy tucking into his breakfast had a nasty surprise when he discovered a two-foot long snake inside his box of cereal.

Jordan Willett, 5, thought he had found a toy when the serpent -- a harmless corn snake -- slithered out of the packet of "Golden Puffs" his parents had bought from discount store Netto in Telford, central England.

"It was quite long and popped its head up. I've seen snakes on TV before but never in a box of cereal," he told the Daily Mail newspaper.

Netto said on Wednesday it was talking to its suppliers to review procedures and check on its stock.

"This does seem to be a bizarre incident but we are treating it seriously," said Netto trading director Clive Cooper.

Corn snakes, which feed on mice and birds, are commonly kept as pets around the world.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ewwwwww...I REALLY hate snakes!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

Snakes in cereal boxes, fingers in Wendy's chili and look at this one! He actually put it in his mouth thinking it was a piece of candy I can't believe its the second time this has happened in the same store!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...d-finger_x.htm

I must say this thread has put an end to any cereal, chili and frozen dessert cravings...for an hour or two, anyway
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 AM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

That is so gross. I also can't believe what some people will do for money.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote