Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#34)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #2  

Hello

I have not died or ran away. I'll explain all tommorrow..It's late & I'm pooped. I have jury-duty starting tomorrow so if they don't lock me up ( ) I'll talk to ya'll then.

I really miss you all.........
Old 05-02-2005, 05:09 AM   #3  

Sherry-Can you please make a May exercise thread? Thank you!!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 AM   #4  

Hey-I ordered a Hoover Floormate yesterday. I'll let ya'll know how it works. I am just so tired of having to sweep, then vacuum, then mop my tile floors. I ordered it from Walmart.com. It was $135.00. It's the one with the rotating brushes. I certainly hope it does the job!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #5  

Happy Birthday To You...........Happy Birthday To You........Happy Birthday Dear GAYLE.........Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a greattttttt day!!!!! Love & Miss you!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #6  
Carol

Good morning.

Just a quick note to tell you I am still alive. Like Gayle, I am helping to take care of an ill parent. A couple of weeks ago we signed my Dad onto Hospice. It is more a waiting game now. He has good days and bad days but I am spending as much time with my parents as I can.

Since I haven't been on the site for a long time and I haven't had time to read all the posts, I hope this find eveyone well and healthy.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 AM   #7  
Carol

Happy Birthday Gayle!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #8  

Happy Happy Birthday Gayle !!!

I hope that you have sometime to yourself to enjoy your day. I am thinking of you, Sweetie.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:23 PM   #9  

Shelley let me know how your Hoover Floormate works. I have been tempted to buy one. I might just be swayed into it.

Carol it is nice to see a post from you. I am glad that you are spending time with your parents. I hope and pray that they will improve or not have as many bad days.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #10  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAREST GAYLE!!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #11  
THINKING THIN!!!!

"Happy Birthday Gayle!!!"

Hope you are having a wonderful day!!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #12  

Hello

I've had two headache days at jury-duty. But the good news: IT'S OVER!!!! It was a firearm case that was very distrubing. I don't know how you do it Ramona!!!!

I've got a sinus infection (I guess that's what it is...never really had one)..my ears hurt, eyes are watering and I have a bad cough. If it's not better in a couple of days I'll call my doctor and get some meds.

I went and tried on clothes last night. Not a pretty site! I'm sooooo depressed on how much I've gained.I can't seem to "get with it". That's one of the problems why I haven't posted a lot. Just really down in the dumps. I have NEVER had a stomach in my life and now it's getting HUGE!!! I looked horrible in my clothes. The 16's are too tight and the 18's are too big. I can't stand this!

Ok...enough of this self pity stuff.....It's GAYLE'S BIRTHDAY!! I hope you've had a wonderful day!

Carol....So good to see a post from you!

Going to take something for my head and go to bed.

I love & miss you all.....
Old 05-04-2005, 05:54 AM   #13  

Sherry-You know in your heart that now is the time that you need to post the most. You were doing so great on WW. Did you ever decide if the plan was the thing making you sick? I have been staying within my range-fluctuating 1-3 lbs. Yesterday I was so depressed because my weight was up 3 lbs, then I got my period, and today it's back down. This getting my period every 2 weeks is getting old real quick. Anyway, I was so ravenous, but didn't give in. I still have the chocolates on my desk, which I give away daily. I am thinking of cancelling WW online, my subscription expires the end of this month, but I'm not sure if I should or not. I am still counting points and know that once I quit, I start inching back up. I'll probably just stay online month to month. You know that once you are in the zone that you do great. Maybe right now isn't your time to be OP. Just try and watch it a bit more than you have been, and for goodness sake, check in here everyday!

Debbie and Sherry-When is school out for you? Our kid's last day is May 26. Things are so busy at school, but today we are going out to lunch for last week's secretary's day from the principal and AP. They are supposed to man the office from 11:45 to 1:00 today. Should be interesting.
Talk to you all later!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Good morning girls!!!! Thank you soooooooo verrrrryyyyyy muchhhhhhh for the birthday well wishes! Sorry I didn't post last night. I had a nice day, Liz took me out for lunch and Steve & I went out the evening before. Liz also gave me the prettiest little green glass carafe filled with a spring mixture of cut flowers. Steve was out of town for the night, Liz was working, so Ali and I just hung out in the evening after coming back from moms.

Mom is starting cardio therapy today, she is scared to death she will not do as well as expected and I also think she has a fear of another heart attack. Her therapy will last 12 weeks/3 days per week at our local hospital, they will monitor her heart at all times so if there is a problem.

My SIL's mom passed away, the funeral is tomorrow, I think mom will try to go with us. My SIL is the only child of the family and I think she will feel better knowing we are there. This has been a rough few months on our family, since mom's collapse, first mom, then Steve lost an uncle, we have an aunt (moms sister) declining rapidly, now Deanna's mom. It's the shits to get older!!!!

Sher, I am motivated again as of today!!! I had to go get a new drivers license and I didn't even recognize the face on my license because it is so fat!!!! I was slacking before and now with mom's illness, it has been an easy excuse to just grab and eat. NO MORE! We sound like we are about the same size, other then you have more height on you. PLEASE post daily and I will too...ok??? Actually, to be honest with you, I stopped posting as much here because I just didn't feel the motivation on our thread like what once was. Lets all try to get motivated again and stay OP!

Dee & Shelley, thank you so much for always being here and keeping us all in good spirits. I can always count on a posting from either of you even when the rest of us may be down in the dumps.

Carol, I am so, so sorry to hear about your father. I know you told us one time, but it slipped my mind, what is your fathers illness? Hospice is wonderful! They add a sense of calmness to a terrible situation. Remember they are there to help and to answer questions, no question is a silly one... I wish your father peace and pain free days and I will continue to pray for him and the rest of the family.

Ooops, I need to go! Sorry!!!!

Love, Gayle
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 PM   #15  

Gayle, I'm so glad you had a nice birthday, and I'm glad you got my email...are you SURE you aren't 24???!!! I hope that the therapy helps your mother and that she gets stronger each week. Take care and get some rest.

Sherry, I know you are glad to have the jury duty over with. I would love to serve on a jury, unfortunately, I know too many people involved with the cases. I had the most horrible sexual abuse case the other day...a twelve year old...it really hit me hard. The mother was basically prostituting her daughter. I just wanted to take that child home with me and protect her from the world. I hope you are feeling better and that you will be 100 percent soon.

Shelley, have your folks settled in to their new place? Man, it sounds like Administrative Assistant's Day is never going to end for you! LOL My bosses still haven't taken me out, and to be honest, I think they've forgotten all about it. We are all still working on the bank robbery and they aren't thinking of much else.

Dee, is the weather getting better there? How are you feeling today? Are you happy about Dez moving back home???

Carol, I hope you are taking care of yourself. I know how difficult it is to take care of an ill parent. But Gayle is right, Hospice is a wonderful, wonderful organization. I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. They were our salvation. I'll be thinking about you.

Ben is moving to Oklahoma next week and Rick is going out to help him get settled. I don't have enough vacation days to go and also my brother's daughter is getting married. Rick will do anything to get out of going to a wedding!!! Anyway, I've been wanting him to paint the kitchen and living room and he keeps finding excuses, so while he's gone, I'm going to do it. I'll probably wish I had never started it, but at least I'll be too busy to eat!!! hahaha Also, it will help keep my mind off of Mother's Day. I miss my mother so very much. I have a new flower arrangement made to take to her and I've printed a message to leave on her marker. This is what it reads...

"If i had only known I'd never hear your voice again, I'd memorize each thing you ever said. And on those lonely nights I could think of them once more, keep your words alive inside my head. If I had only known I'd never hear your voice again. You were the treasure in my hand, you were the one who always stood beside me. So unaware, I foolishly believed that you would always be there. But then there came a day and I turned my head and you slipped away. If I had only known it was my last night by your side, I'd pray a miracle would stop the dawn. And when you'd smile at me I would look into your eyes and make sure you know my love for you goes on and on. If I had only known. The love I would have shown, if I had only known."

Take care everyone and hug your mothers extra tight.
Closed Thread