General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #1  

Question Thinking of joining Jenny Craig

Hi This is my first post here but I have been a lurker for a while. I have been trying to lose weight on my own for quite a while and have been really struggling. I've tried south beach, calorie counting..even herbalife shakes!

I am to the point where I know that I need some help as I am just not doing it on my own! I am seriously considering doing jenny craig because I think I would really benefit from structure right now as well as accountability via the weekly consultations.

Has anyone tried jenny? Any imput, negative or positive, would be appreciated. BY the way, I have alot of weight to lose..close to 100 lbs

Last edited by losinglady; 05-02-2005 at 06:42 PM.
losinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you are looking to join a group that has some structure and a weekly sort of meeting or weigh in for accountability, I would honestly recommend Weight Watchers instead of Jenny Craig. The main reason for this is because with Weight Watchers-you eat real food from the grocery store or a restaurant and it is easier to do.

When you start with Jenny Craig you eat their entrees/packaged meals and add your own "sides" like fruits, salads, etc. This is all fine if you have the money to spare, but they can get pretty expensive and boring after a while.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #3  

Thanks Aphil for responding. Yes I agree weightwatchers is a wonderful program....but I have made attempts at point counting too,as I previously have done the program in the past and have all the materials. I signed on and did the online version for three months and didnt really lose. Not because the program failed, I just failed to follow it correctly. I have decided to go in for a consultation and talk to the jenny people, cause my instincts are telling me right now that I need something very structured to get going. I have been out of control with my eating for a long time now and I think I need something like this now. Long term I can definately see me doing weight watchers though because I dont know how realistic it would be to eat prepackaged food for the long haul.

But I am going in with an open mind about the program and a positive attitude.

Thanks again, and congratulations on your weightloss, your an inspiration.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #4  

Since you formerly joined Weight Watchers online, my advice would still be to join Weight Watchers-but go to your local meeting instead of online for the weekly weigh in and accountability. The counselor would also be able to help you with following the plan correctly, and any other questions that you may have.
If you do decide to choose Jenny Craig, then I wish you well. Feel free to come here and report your progress, so we can see how you are doing. If there are any other Jenny Craig members around, they might find you here as well.
Good luck,
Aphil
Old 05-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #5  

I had tremendous success with JC, lost 80 lbs in 10 months. It's easy, tasty, and well balanced. I strongly recommend it!
Get'n Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #6  

WOW Get'n serious, your weightloss is most impressive...congratulations!

I did go and join jenny craig and feel really good about the decision. I hope that I can have your kind of success..any words of wisdom about following the program Get'n Serious would be much appreciated.

Thanks again aphil for taking the time to respond. I didn't really make myself clear in my previous message...but I did actually join weight watchers, got the materials at one time and went to the meetings for a while..,.then later joined on line. Like I said, I really love the weight watchers program but right now I think I need something super structured even more structured than that. I dont know how long I will do Jenny Craig, I signed up for a promotion which was 20 pounds for 20 dollars..PLUS the cost of food of course. If I am doing really well I may keep going after that or I may go back to weight watchers to lose the rest. I just cant think long term right now. I am just going to focus on losing this first 20 pounds right now. Thanks again and I wish you continued success with your weightloss efforts!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:36 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

I previously joined Jenny Craig a few years back.....I never regretted the extreme expense....because I learned portion control, and had to go stand on a scale in front of someone every week. (never did WW).....However, their "couselors" are akin to the typical Used Car Salesmen, the center I went to just PUSHED their food and not eating real food in the real world.

I hear higher opinions regarding LAWL.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #8  

I DON'T hear higher opinions regarding LAWL. They have a lot of extremely high pressure salespeople as well pushing supplements, herbs, snacks, bars, etc.