Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #27

Welcome to the May edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Sunday girls and happy first day of May. I'm at my sister's house sneaking a post from her computer. I'm picking up my niece and we're heading over to the flea market, then to the water park later in the morning. My sis is still asleep and probably drooling on her pillow

My home computer sucks. I wasn't able to bring it in for repair yet but I've got it all disconnected and ready to go. I should be able to post tomorrow as I'll be back at work. I removed my weight tracker from my sig line since well, it was fluctuating so much that it was just a distraction. But here comes May and another attempt at "starting over". I did well over the first part of the week, but then fizzled out. I must say that a few OP days strung together have actually been a lot more than I've been doing in a while. So I have you guys to thank for that. Cherie, Julie, Angie.... everybody here who comes in with positive vibes that rub off. Thank you.

Oh yeah, I've been trying to get a cat trap from the humane society but they've always been "out". You have to put a $50 deposit to get one, and that's the only way they'll accept cats for free sterilization. I've been wanting to get the (not so little anymore) gray kitten fixed and we have another stray orange cat spraying all around the garage and on the car tires. I am going to trap the orange guy and turn him in. I finally bought my own cat trap off of ebay for around $60 including shipping. Since our house always seems to attract the neighborhood toms and nursing mommies (don't their owners feed them?!??!!!), I will be prepared to trap and turn in all the nuisance cats that come my way. Don't get me wrong, I love cats. But when these strange feral cats come and bully my own, and climb up on my brand new car and leave paw prints on my windshield and hood I am going to take action.

So enough rambling about me.....

Angie, I would confront that darn woman if she dared come back into the bakery again. What a perfect example she's setting for her children . I went into a restaurant once and it actually had a little sign tacked up that read, Parents please watch your children. All unattended children will be cooked and eaten. Does Hansel and Gretel ring a bell?

Cherie, glad to hear your payroll snafu worked out. That must've been mega-stressful. Do you have a large bottle of Advil next to your desk like me? Good job on passing up the junk food while working under pressure.

Julie, did you get your house all spic and span? I know you did. Housecleaning is definitely exercise. Could be anywhere from cardio (going up and down stairs) to cardio and strength training (going up and down stairs with laundry baskets ) If I could send you some sun I would. It was so hot here yesterday. I'm guessing in the high 80's and not much of a breeze. I'll go catch some rays for ya today. My filipino blood is coming on strong...I'm turning a nice shade of brown

Well, gotta get going...I hear my sis coming down the hall. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everyone!! Yesterday was so hectic that I left early and didnt get home until 9 at night. I ended up eating out but I am doing well so far today. I still havent exercised a bit and I really dont see how I can even squeeze any in with this schedule.

I just looked on the websight that has the funeral home that we want and now they have reduced it down to 130,000.00!!! I am so going to lose that house because I cant sell mine.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #4  

Morning Girls

Just pulling us off of page two. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Noelle thanks for sending some rays , the weather is suppose to warm during the week. Yeah....I am so happy. I am so glad also it is a new month. A brand new fresh start. I hope your computer at home gets fixed soon. Otherwise we will talk while you are at work . I hope you catch your spraying cat!! I can't stand the smell of cat stuff.

Angie to bad you can't sell your home. I have not been excercising like I should either but aren't you excited the weather is going to get nice for us now? Maybe you could take a walk down the street if you get any down time. But it will probally pick up now. Heck I would put on a doughnut costume and walk up and down the street and sweat in it and drop some pounds .

Cherie, how was your weekend? Did you get to spend sometime outside with your babes? I hope you had a good one. I had one of those yogurts this morning. I heard calcium is suppose to help pms, I hope it calms it. I wish I was one of those woman who just get and have no symptoms, oh well life.

Well enough babbling from me for now, I have some stuff to do. This weekend I will admit it was not a great eating weekend but I am so ready to get on a healthy eating schedule. Oh my mom had a little dinner party yesterday and I needed to bring the dessert, ugh, but I turned it into a positive and thought this is a good time to get some of my junk food out of here and bring it to share with other people. So I made one of my pies, a chocolate chip walnut cookie dough pie. Yes girls it was as good as it sounds. We had banana ice cream and a hot cup of coffee with it. It was absolute heaven. It was a hit!! I am glad the baking chocolate is out now so I don't have to make chocolate chip cookies!! Check back later on. Hi everyone.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning! Yes, I had a good weekend, not so great on the food and exercise part of it which is probably why I didn't show my face here this weekend, but overall, it was very enjoyable.

I vegged out on Friday night. I ate ok, stayed OP... just vegged. Saturday, after the girls and I cleaned up a bit, we went to the Nature Park and took our cameras. We took our lunch there (McDonalds's) and just spent a really nice afternoon walking around, letting her take pictures. Afterwards, we headed to the health food store where I picked up some steel cut oatmeal (still haven't tried it yet) and some No-Pudge Brownie Mix w/nonfat vanilla yogurt. Our next stop was at Petsmart where I let them get out and see all the animals they had up for adoption. I would love to have a pet again, but I know right now, I am doing better without one. We finally headed over to Wal-Mart, and I picked up a California Pizza Kitchen pizza and found some No Pudge fudgecicles. Girls and I came home... and I let them take a long bath (to play) in my tub, while I made dinner. Pizza was great, and I gave them one of the fudgecicles... they loved them. I had a bud light . Later that night, I tried out the brownies (there is a recipe for a single serving on the side) and MAN... they were awesome.

Yesterday, I tried to sleep in some, (oh.. forgot to tell you, on Saturday, my daughters woke me up with their lights, and tv and screaming at each other at 5:30 AM in the freakin' morning! I don't even get them up that early during the week, needless to say, the MEAN MOMMY came out, they went back to bed, and was still in it come 8:45AM when I finally got up and went to check on them.) The girls decided to make me breakfast, so I got some toast and OJ.. (they also tried to give me coco pebbles, but I told them the toast was enough). Silly me, decided to stay in bed and watch Les Girls on TCM (I LOVE Gene Kelly, and I hadn't seen this movie all the way through) before I got up. The night before, my living room and kitchen was clean. Everything vaccuumed and looking nice. I walk into the living room.. and it looked like a tornado had blown through. My living room floor had blankets and pillows and every single stuffed animal they owned all over the floor... (there were other toys.. but that was the big mess) the dining room and floor and kitchen had coco pebbles all over it... the butter and jelly were out... the OJ carton and emply milk carton were out... the dishes they used were everywhere.... Oh... Mom almost had a fit again... Within 15 minutes, they had it all cleaned up (I worked on the kitchen). Not a good way to wake up ..... It was also cold and rainy yesterday (as it is today), so we were not able to go out and ride bikes... So.. we spent a lazy day watching TV (I had TCM on all day... saw Gene Kelly, a little of Cary Grant, Watched Lover Come Back with Doris Day and Rock Hudson, sorta watched Swing Time with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers) and the girls played on the computer, in their room, with the game cube.... and we cleaned off and on. I had to do minor surgery to my vaccuum because it quit working. Luckily I fixed it. (that just added to my stress a little, since the girls were already working on it too at that time).

Last night, Alan came over with dinner (baked ziti, breadsticks and a chocolate mousse cake with wine) and we watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. My food yesterday was BAD.... and my stomach told me about it too..... all that greasy, oily food, and then a sugar dump with the mousse cake.... OY.....

So.. no, I didn't do any structured exercise... and not any really non structured.... but we did have a pretty nice weekend! Today, I am back on track, and will be back on the treadmill.

I lost 5 pounds last month. (probably more like three now, after my weekend). So I am hoping to do that or better this month.

OK.. I need to go back to work.. I came in late.... Oh... Julie.. your pie... OMG.. sounds so awesome.... I would ask for the recipe, but I would make it!

Angie.. good luck with you house... that sounds like a steal (the funeral home house). Maybe something good will happen soon! Sending out good vibes to sell your house!

Noelle.. thanks for starting up the new thread. I hope you get your computer fixed soon! Good luck catching those stray cats!!!

OK.. now I am back to work!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #6  

Hi Cherie, your weekend sounds nice. I wish you were able to sleep in more though. I tried. But these two are so noisy I just got up. Haha....That is so sweet the girls made you breakfast. My are three and five so I don't think they would attempt that yet. Think of it as a early Mother's Day gift . I heard the No Pudge products are great. Brownies are one of my favorites and to make single servings for the four of us would be great. You know dh took the kids to the store on Sat. and I had the house vacuumed, cleaned, dusted, sinks scrubbed, windows cleaned and toys picked up. About a half hour after they were home it looked like I didn't do anything . I know how you feel. Btw great job on the five pound loss. You are doing wonderful, pat yourself on the back girl!! Your dinner with Alan sounds delish, and that was sweet of him. I know my stomach was not in the best shape last night after all the eating I did yesterday and I drank way to much coffee at my mom's so I couldn't fall asleep . Well off to make lunch.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #7  

Hey guys. We had a wedding this weekend so I was out of order for a few days. Joe was in the wedding so we had to do all of the stuff as far as that end is concerned. He looked pretty good in the tux too. We didn't have a formal wedding so I really don't have any pics of him in a tux. I really like seeing him in one when he gets the chance.

Cherie I was addicted to those brownies last year. I don't think they are supposed to be eaten the way that I was doind it though. I would try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting.

Julie you should be donw here right now. The weather is awesome. I had the house open all day yesterday and I have the windows open right now. This is so unusual for us this time of year. I think the news said that we are 11 degrees below the normal for right now. So, I am making the most of it all I can.

Angie I hope that woman doesn't come back in to the store. I can't believe she would allow her kid to do that. My parents were so strict on that kind of stuff. I hope you get that house. It is really pretty and I think it would be cool to live in a house with a history. The house I grew up in was built on the old Spanish Trail. Pretty cool!

Noelle my sister gets all of the cats too. She is able to get them all fixed though. I think she has 8 right now. Crazy, huh? A few of them are getting up in age though so I don't think she will have 8 for long.

Well, I am still hungry after my little salad so I am going to see what I can find.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Guys!! I finally went and picked up a couple of cases of the New England Cupboard gourmet foods that I sent you all for Christmas so I can put it in the bakery. I got the pancake mixes,scones BB gingerbread,popovers,etc. We got some maple syrup to put in too. We are trying to get a little bit of stuff before the first big weekend comes up. With that all done, I put up a Please dont leave your children unattended sign to go along with it. I hope I dont look like a snot but I dont know what else to do. I guess the parents who actually make their kids mind shouldnt be offended. I hope.

Well....we got bagels in today. NOT GOOD for my diet. I had one earlier and I am planning to have one later. I will try to stay out of them after that though. I didnt gain anything with my little flub up Saturday so that is good. I am down 5 pounds from last week so I have to try not to ruin it.

Kempy, I think I am the crazy cat lady in our town. I have the four but my Mom is trying to mate her cat(himalayn/siamese mix) with her himalayan cat that disowned them. He is like my stray cat. He wont come home but he still hangs around the area. They found him about a mile down the road leaching off one of their neighbors. So if she has kittens I am getting one for my birthday. Sad aint I?

Today was Jack Russel day at the bakery. This lady I met the weekend I got Rebel(she saw me outside with him and did a uturn to come back. haha) well she came into the bakery and had hers in her blazer. She is such a cute one. Then when we were leaving there was a pickup out front and when we got outside a puppy JRT climbed up in the window to look at us. He was SO CUTE!!!!

Well, that is about all the excitement in my life right now.

Oh I have a funny story to tell you guys. My sister is seeing a guy that I graduated with well he was at her house and he likes her cat Bailey. he said "Where is Bailey? I like him he smells like lemons?" My sister started laughing and said "Sean if she is smelling like lemons then it means she just got done taking a **** because I have lemon scented cat litter. " I guess he was pretty grossed out.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, been a busy day. It's cloudy gray and hot and muggy. Basically a depressing kind of day. I was lucky enough to have lunch w/Rick today though. I 'forgot' I was supposed to be eating OP and had 3/4 of a kim-chee (spicy korean style cabbage) burger. It tasted awesome . *sigh* All I can do is start again with my next meal. It hasn't sunk in yet, this "make healthy choices" every time you eat. I have to pull out my WW books and pamphlets and make it stick in my head. I think the only thing that will keep me OP is if I rejoin WW...I've been thinking about it ALOT so I guess that will be my next step. Michael's tuition payments stop for a month next month so I guess that would be as good a time as any to rejoin.

We went to the water park yesterday and it was fun. I'm such a chicken near the water but I actually went down a couple of water slides (ended in 3'6" deep) and a couple of wild flume rides where you careen down on an inflatable raft thing. I screamed like a maniac but had a good time.

Angie, bravo on those first 5 lbs! you rock girl. Ewww, that cat litter box story is gross but funny. Who knew the way to a man's heart is through scented cat litter? Man, this little cat we have he is such a good hunter. On Saturday morning he caught a rat and left it on the front door step. The head was gone but the tail and most of the body was there, the tail must've been at least a good 8" long
Oh almost forgot, don't know if you're a religious person or not, but I just read in a magazine somewhere that St. Joseph was the patron saint of realtors? or something like that. If you had a statue of him (i don't know if you have to have it in the yard or bury it in the yard...) your house would sell faster. Don't know how this myth came to be but maybe you could try it?

Cherie, I have 2 boxes of no-pudge in the pantry @ home. My sis pissed me off one day. I brought home at least a dozen boxes from Trader Joe's when I was in Vegas in March. I gave them out to my sisters who were watching their weight. The skinniest sister (who lives w/me) I gave her 2 boxes of regular truffle brownie mix. Well, she makes the regular brownie mix and everyone eats them. Then she takes 2 boxes of my no pudge and makes that. She used regular full fat plain yogurt. I told her, what's the use of using this mix if you're going to use full fat yogurt? I mean, the whole point of no-pudge is no fat right? Then she has the nerve to complain that they taste like cr@p. Well yeah, they'll taste like crap if you just ate those specialty truffle brownies and you don't follow the directions about using ff vanilla yogurt. That girl, I dunno how I keep myself from strangling her sometimes, that skinny b*tch. Anyway, I like that the no-pudge has that single serving microwave recipe.

Julie, I swear you could sell your desserts. That pie sounded sinfully good. Smart move on feeding it to others to get the chocolate out of the house You could move near Angie and help her out w/her baking and shooing out those pesky mothers who don't watch their kids Did you see the news about Bo Bice over the weekend? His arrests for marijuana and cocaine possession a few years ago? I say, that's a typical rock'n'roller for you (not that I condone any of it)... At least he didn't lie about his past to the producers of AI and I hope this doesn't affect the outcome of anything. Who in America doesn't know of someone who hasn't been affected by drugs? I still think Bo rocks and deserves to at least be in the top 2.

Kempy, well hello! So did ya take lots and lots of pictures of your sweetie in his tux? I always love a man in uniform, even if he looks like a penguin I am the crazy cat lady in our neighborhood--I make all the calls to the Humane Society and trap and release cats whenever the need arises. Our house is slowly catching up to 8 cats. I think we're up to 6 now. I just found out that the same irresponsible clueless neighbors had ANOTHER litter of kittens last week. The other mama cat had 6 kittens, probably around 6 weeks old now. This new litter had 3 and this mama doesn't feed them so the other mama has to nurse them. I would love to jump over the fence and take all of them away from those stupid people. It just irritates me to no end that these cats are just breeding and breeding and the owners don't even provide food or water for them. THey come over to our house. The cats are lucky that there is a fresh water spring right behind the house so they can at leats drink water there. Sorry to ramble, rant and rave. I just feel like I've been away from here for a while and have a lot of meaningless things to say

Cal how are your students behaving w/summer vacation right around the bend? Any word on getting that new job at the other school? Hope you're doing well. pop in and say hi.

Everyone else, have a great evening. Be back tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #10  

Good Morning everyone..... I am feeling like a slacker. I was going to exercise last night, but got caught up working on the security for my router and my laptop at home. By the time I finally fixed it, the Bachelor was almost over, and I was feeling REALLY lazy. So what do I do? I make a single serving of the brownies.. AND I raid the bag of Dortios. I don't think I went over my calories too much (It would have been by the dortios) so I think I am ok, but I should have exercised. That was the fourth day in a row I didn't do anything. Things will be different today.

Noelle.. the water park sounds like fun. The girls are dying to go swimming.. but it's been pretty cool here lately, and I can't seem to make them understand the water in the pool will be even COLDER. Hopefully by the end of the month, they will be out there.

Angie... EWWWWWWW about the cat story.. that is funny. Poor guy!

Kempy.... I can't wait to see pictures of your sweetie! I bet you two made a beautiful couple!

Cal.. how are you doing? School is almost out!

Julie.. you just wait.. you will be cleaning up the kitchen messes of your little ones soon, as they try to make you breakfast! It's nice, and they are such cuties.. I need to get over my feelings of its just easier (and quicker and cleaner) for MOM to do it all. I need to give them room to grow and experiment.

OK.. well, it's still cloudy and cool here today. Work wise, it's going to be fairly busy.. so I better get started.

Anyway.. I'll talk to you all later today!

Cherie
Old 05-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #11  

OK, I tried the Lean Cuisine Salmon w/Basil again, for the second time today for lunch. I really don't think I'll be having it again. There is a certain ICK factor eating it... that I realized the first time, but I was trying to give it a second chance. Still not sure what it was, but I have decided frozen diet meals and fish should not go together.

I caculated my calories for yesterday... I am trying to stay at 1300, well I went over it by about 250, so not so bad I don't think. Could have been worse. And it should have been better, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Angie.... I was trying to think of something good to make for breakfast this weekend for the girls and I, and I realized I still had your blueberry pancake mix. I have already used all the maple syrup, over our french toast and buttermilk pancakes I make from time to time, but I still have the blueberry mix. So, Sunday, I think that is what I will do. Get up and make blueberry pancakes with sausage, OJ and Milk. YUM... that will be the perfect Mother's Day meal.

Julie... did you watch the bachelor last night? Did you listen to the girls limo statement after she didn't get the rose? Could anybody be more full of themselves? Geeze.. was glad to see her go, but the two that I figured would be in the final two are now gone. I wonder who he ends up with, and how long it lasts.

Amazing Race is on tonight.. should be exciting.. I hope R&A do well, but they are down to four couples.

OK.. guess I should be working. I am just distracted today... and not wanting to do what I need to do. That pretty much sums up the past four days! OK.. talk to you ladies later!

Cherie
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #12  

Hi girls popping in for a quick minute. Kind of stressed ds was crying because he wanted to stay at school and have more fun . He is fine now. Just wants lunch. I will get personal in a bit.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #13  

awww Julie.. I hope DS is ok now. Something about big hugs and promises that he will be there tomorrow always helps! Oh.. and give him something GOOD for lunch!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #14  

So.. what is better.... avoiding the scale, living in denial, and making it easier to cave into temptation, meaning while I am feeling great, I am gaining weight.

OR

Watching the scale every day, having it determine my daily mood, yet fueling my motivation to keep working out (and part of the time being responsible for "what the ****" I'm gonna cheat cause its not working anyway).

I'm trying to figure it out. This week, I've been in a great mood, but I am over eating, not exercising and I am going to get a handle on that today....

Hmmmm
Old 05-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cherie, I am feeling the same way. I have been off since Saturday and I just cant force myself to just do it. I do know that I am so sick and tired of living my life around how much I weigh. I feel like so much less of a person like I am not worthy because I am fat. I know it is stupid but it totally defeats me getting on track in a sense because I figure....why bother. I wished I could just be Happy for once....fat or not.