Old 04-30-2005, 12:24 PM   #1  
Away with the faeries....

Default Pagan Support?

Any pagan, witches or druids on here that want to join together and support each other?

As a follower of the pagan path I try as much as possible to eat respectfully of the planet, organic farming and fair trade foods when I can but these can often be more expensive. I grow herbs in pots as I live in a flat but I would love to grow my own veggies. Anyone any tips on easy to grow veggies inside?

I also try as much as possible not to fit into ideals, I am part of this awesome mother earth and I dont want to hate my appearance as that would be ungrateful for the beautiful person I am now.

It would be great to meet like minded people
Cat x

Last edited by Goth_Girl; 04-30-2005 at 12:48 PM.
Goth_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Goth_Girl, welcome to 3FC We used to have a few pagans in our Alternachicks forum, I'm not sure if they are still there, but you might post there and see who pops up
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:46 AM   #3  
Confused Cow

Default Hello

Hi Goth Girl.

I am a kitchen witch, i found this forum by accident when looking for recipes. everyone seems nice tho, I have been reading various posts when I found yours like a beacon amidst the others.

I am a follower of the old paths and as such I am not a vegetarian. I do try to eat ethically as much as possible (and purse strings allow). I rarely eat red meat (this is because I have gone off the taste tho).

I like the way I am now - but would like myself even better if I took better care of myself, for me this is the main challange, I work hard and tend to let things slip.

What paths do you follow?
confusedcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:41 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 320/200/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I am a follower of the old paths and as such I am not a vegetarian.
What does that mean?
CrazyChubbyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #5  

Default update ?

Are there any pagans still around on here? I am a country witch following a goddess centred path and try to eat organic and use environmentally friendly products wherever I can. Most pagans are happy with themselves whatever their weight so I guess there wont be too many around. I am trying to lose weight for the sake of my health and to bring my poor battered body back to being a goddess

Beneges re bo

grannie annie
grannie annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #6  
The sweetest thing !

Bright Blessings,
Hi, I'm here too. It was very hard to find you beautiful people, who would of thought to look under " faith based"? I am an Eclectic Witch that follows the Goddess path. I would like for us to organize somewhere where it will be easier to find all us Pagans. I don't think "faith based" describes all of us, in all fairness. Anyone interested? I will check the Alternachicks area now and see who I can find there.

Blessed Be
Wild Honey

Last edited by Wild Honey; 09-16-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Wild Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:26 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Update!

There is a thread in the Alterchicks forum under Alternachick Chat that has serveral people who are following an earth based/Goddess/pagan path for those of you who interested in joining in

Here is the link...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57199

BTW -Crazychubbybeautiful "old ways", in my mind anyway, refers to old beliefs that follow the cycles of the earth, moon, sun etc., and the seasons. There are different faiths/beliefs systems and I can't really sum them all up in one paragraph. Some of it is pagan, wiccan, some of it is mixed in with Asian and middle eastern philosophies. It does involve respecting ourselves, others and our mother earth
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #8  

Hi all, first post ever here.

I'm an Irish/Scottish pagan. I had my first and only baby at 36 years old and was stuck on bed rest for 3 months. So I lost all my muscle and gain some OK lots of fat. A year-and-a-halve later and I've lost some weight already and am waiting for the Sonoma Diet book to start on that. Living in Northern Canada means you have to order everything and always waiting.

Anyhow, glad to meet you all.
Slan, Bean Sidhe
Bean Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/

Height: 5feet 2 inches

MM
I am a Seax Wican Hearth Witch and need to lose weight for my health. I wil lbe following the Gi diet, I say will be as I am just starting out on my new eating plan.
Wulfcwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/202/120

Height: 5'4

Default UU Witch

I am new here and happy to have found this thread. I am a UU Witch. I find that the UU beliefs and my wiccan ones go well hand in hand. I do eat a little meat as I believe some animals are supposed to for good heal, my experience is that in my house, my snake, my cats, my dogs, and I need meat in our diets and eating mindfully in deep spirit of this gift from the God is in accord with my faith and the universe. I could always be wrong though.

I a not a kitchen witch. I do not love to cook! Not even a little. My love cooks and seeing he is soon leaving for a month and then a year, I need to learn to cook more and find the ritual in it. Tall order for someone like me.

My mother is a far more traditional kitchen witch. She was over weight more of her adult life (After having me and my brother) until 45 when she had a Gastro. I am far away from her now but I just know that her garden must be helping her weight issues now more then ever. I wish I could be more like her in the kitchen and garden.

I live in the desert now, no garden this year, few indoor plants I am able to keep alive. Not sure how to connect here in TX as I did in New England and other place. Never been this far from the ocean before. Heart breaking in some ways, but home is where you make it and I need to make it here.

Now that I have again rambled away, thanks for reading! I feel better not alone.

Love and Light,
Kontessa
Kontessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello
Im a kitchen witch living in England with my 2 dogs and 2 cats and my fiance.
I have recently started my weightloss journey as I am getting handfasted in November, just after Samhain. Im not following any particular plan, but just trying to eat healthy and avoiding late night snacking. Im also going for long walks every day with my dogs, and had my first yoga class on Friday, which was great fun, although I couldnt do all the positions because of my size. I have been practising at home, and find it very relaxing
I dont know how much I weigh, because I have a fear of scales, so I am going to be recording my progress through the tape measure.
I would be grateful if anyone has any useful spells to aid in motivation.
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #12  

Greetings:

I am very, very happy to see you all! I am a Pagan, probably best described as a hedge or kitchen witch. It is absolutely central for me. At present, I am solitary. I am consistently drawn to Druid and related paths of spirituality that originated in Ireland and Scotland.

My weight issues are a spiritual as well as psychological and physical problem for me. This is absolutely the one area of my life in which the Goddess has been silent for me! Candle magick is my spellcasting method of choice, and it has worked wonders for me in so many areas, but not this. I am heavier than I have ever been. This is insane because hypertension is an issue for me, and I also have asthma. Clearly, I am blocked and resistant at some level and in some way that I don't fully understand, but that realization is as far as my clarity takes me.

Kalijack, best wishes for the upcoming nuptials.
cathrynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Cathryn!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #14  

Thanks for the welcome. This is a very interesting site!
cathrynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #15  

I'm a hedge-witch with druid leanings. Also veggie, also 90% organic, ethically sourced foods, etc etc.

I'm concerned about my weight as I have PCOS and if I don't keep a firm rein on it, I'll be back upto the 195lb I started off at! If I didn't have health issues, I'd probably be cool with however I looked, too. But I have 5 kids, so have to make sure I do my best to be here for them 20 years from now!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote