Old 04-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Atkins/Low Carb Chat- Thursday 4/28

You know..that title of the thread keeps getting longer and longer to type I went and got the DD's a pizza last night...it smelled SOOOO good. I was SOOO tempted to eat some of it. But told myself "nope, you eat your LC sandwich and your salad FIRST and THEN if you're hungry you can have a piece." Did I eat a piece? Nope, but I did scrape the toppings off one. It wasn't that good so I'm glad I didn't eat the whole thing
Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I KMYM on the long title. We could just change it to The ALC Cluck or just The Cluck with the date, of course.

Good for you with the pizza scaping. I've never been able to do that but do make pizza on whole wheat pitas these days. I have to avoid the pizza joint ones because I'm an addict.

We have a bit of sun today so I am going to go outdoors and muck around a bit. It's way to wet to really do anything. Then I'm off to town when my respite worker comes. The Chinese Buffet that is my usual downfall has gone under so I'll be looking for healthy options for lunch. Kelseys has an oriental salad that might work. It's a constant battle, isn't it?

Have a super day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

I made it thru yesterday!!!!!!!! Op for another day! If I make it thru today, Im home free!!

Its raining here too, and Im already tired of it. The lack of sun in Buffalo is really getting to me. I told dh if we have another summer like last year, Im moving us up to the Boreal forest!!! Ive never experienced such dreary weather so often!!

Not alot happening around here. Dh is looking to have steak for supper. So I guess that means I have to go get some mushrooms for the steak We are both tired of fish and chicken all the time. Time to mix it up a bit

Off to get my coffee...have a great day
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning.

Brenda, I concur too, good for you for not giving in to pizza.

Ruth, enjoy your sunny day. We still have rain here.

Hi Leenie.

Congratulations Robin on staying OP.

Well I have a confession to make. I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. It used to be so accurate that I could weigh myself several times and it still said the same thing. But since Monday I have noticed that depending on how I got up on it, it shows different numbers. So I ordered a new one yesterday. It was actually lots of fun checking out the new bathroom scales with their new features. For example, do you know that there is a scale that shows how hydrated your body is, on top of weight and fat%. I wanted to get that one, but it was discontinued. I wonder if it wasn’t working properly.

Anyhow, can’t wait for my new scale. This old one shows that I have lost somewhere between 2 and 3 pounds (I weight myself 4 times this morning, each time I got a different number) since Monday. Yes, I think I should wait for that. Have a great day everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone! I am a pizza freak it is my best loved food. Good for you Brenda on not eating the pizza. I also find if I eat something I'm allowed it helps me not eat what I'm not suppose to. Gloomy isn't the word Robin, at least today we have some sun. yesterday I had strawberries and cream I hope I didn't overdo it. Lately in the morning I feel as if all my efforts are for nothing. I guess I am just expecting too much. I mean I haven't gone near the scale since 2 Sundays ago but I'm not feeling much thinner. Do I sound crazy? I feel crazy I wish I wasn't so obsessed with my dieting and just got on with my life. Everyday between fighting not to eat the wrong thing to wondering if I'll ever lose these stinking 60lbs. I feel like I'm out of my mind. Then I wonder if I'm not looking for an excuse to drop the whole thing. I don't know. Does anyone else feel this way?
Good morning:Rachel, Leenie, Ruth and Lady hope everyone has a great day. Love Wifie
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #7  
on my way down again

Good Morning everyone. I think I have got my brain to figure out the merge here. I like it too, since I don't know anything about any other LC plans, and well, since I seem to do my own anyway, I'll now see what's up with the others and try them.

I have managed to stay OP all week. I'm so happy since this is the longest time in months. One thing that helped me was that it's the end of the month, and instead of having no LC foods left, that's all we have. So the worst I have is two heads of cauliflower to make mock potato dishes, and some almonds and small amounts of tomato sauce I will use to make crustless single serving-size pepperoni and cheese pizzas in the microwave. I'm a major pizza addict, and I had always thought I should try crustless, but have never been able to. It works for me to make a tiny round crust out of the pepperoni and then add the toppings or just plain cheese and sauce, and like with the LC plan, I filled up on that all the way, unlike with crust where I go on a mission to finish the pizza that day. It really over takes me. I'm not sure if I'm ready to try a bought pizza yet, so I'm not going to try.

Brenda, I read about your doggy visitor. That's a happy ending for him, I feel. That was so nice of you to tend to him.

Hi Ruth, I remember seeing you around here a lot when I first joined here. Nice to see you again. Oh, I love Chinese food. I keep thinking that's where I would go if I want to treat myself, but it's the MSG that seems to get me all puffed up and feeling sick, so maybe that's a blessing in disguise for me.

Hi Leenie. Good to see you.

Hi Robin, Enjoy your steak. My husband and I do that too. And mushrooms are so good like that. I hope the sun comes out for you soon.

Hi Rachel, I can't wait to hear about your new scale. I need one too. My old scale does the same thing, so I jump on several times and always take the lowest number.

Hi Wifie, I've stayed away from the scale for a few weeks too. I was weighing everyday and worrying more about that than what I was eating. I can really tell by my jeans if I've gained or lost, so that's all I've done for now. I've thought of just giving up many times, but know what that means for me. I go completely out of control with foods and junk foods I stay away from now 98% now. I've done that with every diet I've been on in my life, but I've been LC for 5 years this June, and it's been my easiest to stick with and come back to.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Sonnet; 04-28-2005 at 10:59 AM. Reason: to correct type errors
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #8  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies...I hope everyone has a great day!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Ruth: No idea what KMYH means...but "The Cluck" sounds like a good title I'll try and remember that (if I'm the one making the thread in the mornings) Have fun eating out

Leenie:

Robin: Congrats on staying OP!! Steak actually sounds good. But DH and DD's don't like it. Wonder what they can have and I'll have the steak. lol

Rachel: The scale is my downfall. I think (and people here told me) I need to chuck it. My mood is MUCH better when I don't step on it. It'd be great to see the scale going down...but I FEEL better and right now to me that's the main thing. Let us know how your new scale is

Wifie: Ah....the "I can't do this" doubt. It's the downfall of me ALL the time. That and "Well, I haven't lost weight so far so I might as well just eat this *fill in blank* and it won't matter". If you stay OP you'll feel MUCH better!

Sonny: Congrats on staying OP!!!

Well, I went to a rummage sale this morning. Got myself a pair of shorts, and my DD's some shorts, tank tops, a pair of jeans, skirt and a couple shirts. Do they need all that? All but the shirts! lol. But I got a bag full of clothes...and only paid $14!!!! So hopefully the shorts fit oldest DD because otherwise she has none for summer.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Andrea: How's it going?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #11  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey Brenda~! lucky you with that sale! Aren't those great? I am doing pretty good, I have upped my carbs a little more (in a healthy way), cut back on some exercise time, added more fruits and veggies. I went to the trainer at my gym yesterday and she thinks that I am bulking up a little more than I need to...so I am trying her suggestions for the next month and see what happens. So, basically I'm not really doing Atkins for now, but lower carb. Have a great one~!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Andrea: Summer is coming and I'd LOVE to add fruits. I probably should start back on induction and see if that'll jump start this weight loss again. I do pretty good. But I use LC bread for lunches. Not induction friendly, I know. But that's the only thing I eat that isn't on the induction list. Maybe by summer I'll be able to eat strawberries Wish I could say I'm bulking up more than I need to. lol. I need to work on exercising.

Hey...cleaning in exercise right?? Well, I just got done spending an hour cleaning youngest DD's pig stye...I mean bedroom 1 garbage bag, 4 recyclable bags later and it's STILL not spotless...but the rest is HER job. Boy is she going to be surprised to find things missing. But at least I can walk in there w/out tripping and it's not such a fire hazard now. Just wish the rest of my house I could clean that way. "garbage" "recycle" "keep"....in that order. I would LOVE to totally throw everything out and start from fresh....or not Maybe tomorrow I'll start throwing OUR stuff out.