Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #1  
yaya9577

Default Slim Fast

I was just curious if anyone has ever lost a substantial amount of weight with Slim Fast or is it a gimmick? Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi We have a few threads about Slim Fast in our General Diet Plans forum that might be helpful. We've heard mixed reactions. Some people may lose a few pounds, but I think most people give up on it quickly because they are hungry and bored with it. There isn't really anything special about Slim Fast to make you lose weight, it's just a controlled amount of calories for your meal. You can accomplish the same thing by eating a frozen diet dinner, yet it will be more satisfying. Slim Fast has a very high failure rate for this reason.

If you decide to try it and want to find more people that use it, you might post in our General Diet Plans forum for support from other SlimFasters. In the meantime, check these threads for input from other dieters:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...light=slimfast

Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 AM   #3  
Om shanti

Also, you may want to consider diet plans that involve higher-quality meal replacements than Slimfast. Body for Life advocates Myoplex Lite. Designer Whey is another great brand.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #4  

Default slim fast

You also dont have to use the slim fast plan completely..

I actually like the taste of some of the slim fast shakes and I would sometimes use them as a breakfast or lunch when I was "on the go" as a supplement to the rest of my diet. It's exactly what Suzanne said, its just an easy way to keep a controlled calorie count on what you are eating. You could do the exact same thing for yourself by making yourself a healthy smoothie.

I lost 35-40 pounds a few years ago doing my own diet that I supplemented with slim fast as a convenience for me. (I then had to quit the strict diet because I got pregnant lol)
Old 05-04-2005, 12:13 PM   #5  

I am doing a "Mock" slimfast, I switch between tastes and brands to limit bordem, but if you tummy screems hungry, feed it.... Especially with exercise, I have notice I got more hungry, so I would eat a sandwich filled with lettuce, cucumber, lowfat mayo and one slice of ham/cheese even if I already had my "One A Day Meal".
Old 05-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #6  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

I use slimfast (actually generic walmart brand) for breakfast.. I drink one when I'm driving to work in the morning.. and for me, they are quite filling.. plus the fact that I'm not a morning person and I WILL NOT get out of bed a little early to prepare something low fat.. I only use the shakes for breakfast and then I eat frozen meals for lunch and dinner.. I just keep track of my calories and fat... trying to stay under 30 grams of fat and under 1600 calories... plus I walk at least 1 mile (6 times a week) and I do workout videos every other day..
Old 05-05-2005, 12:49 AM   #7  

That is awesome, the meal bars I am using have 10 grams of fat in each, but about 200 calories and 9 grams of protein...

I am still sore......can you beleive it I burned 600 calories on my machine yesterday!
Closed Thread