Old 04-27-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Atkins/LowCarb Daily- Wednesday 4/27

I'm supposed to be working on Girl Scout stuff Worked on it all day yesterday...or I should say struggled with it. Couldn't figure out what to put in the newsletter (we hand one out after each meeting). And I swear I'm going to stop stepping on that scale until Mothers' Day. It's not going down..but I FEEL skinnier. Now I keep saying that so how come I give in and eat the carb-filled stuff when I KNOW I feel better on LC??
Have a great day everyone!! (I'll answer the 4 truths and a lie later today in case someone else wants to guess)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'd planned a morning out in the garden but the rain has changed that plan. Wanna trade, Brenda? I'll do your Girl Scout stuff and you can do my Cemetery Board/Bored report.

My dog, Lucy, who is on a hunger strike, is finally back to eating normally! We go to the vet this afternoon for some spring shots and bloodwork and I'll ask about doggie anorexia!

Now that we're combined, the Bio Thread needs to be updated. I have pruned the Atkins one of folks who've not been online for a year but there is still a lot of outdated bios and info there. I'd appreciate it if everyone would put an updated Bio in The new Bio Thread which is called Low Carber Bios. Then I'll merge it with the old low carb one - if I can find it!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Brenda

I got on the scale this morning too. Just to make sure it was going the right way. It always amazes me how much water I carry when I eat carbs. My rings are finally looser, my face doesnt feel like it could be pricked and pop and Im feeling soooooooooooooooooooo much better!! 2 lbs of water are gone. Amazing!!

I havent been walking for about a week and a half. I did something to my knee. I havent a clue what I did or how I did it. Its just sore, and the more I do on it, the more it hurts. It almost feels like its built a cushion around itself. When I do too much, the muscle starts to pull, it feels like its going to bend the wrong way, and it gets really thick feeling. Strange!! So Im going thru my pilates and balance ball cds to see which one I'll be doing in place of walking. I have a weight/cardio book somewhere too that I should be able to do.

Not much else happening around here. Its still raining here so I cant get into the garden. So I guess its cleaning the house

Have a great day!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning Ruth, you snuck in on me
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  

Rain, rain, rain.........

It is supposed to be like this now for days! *sigh* Oh well, at least the flowers will like it.

Doing good so far on my low cal approach....hungry as all get out though! Don't know how long I will be able to pull this off. My calories are still too high but the weight is going down. Already down a pound or two from Monday. We shall see

Brenda: How many times have we told you to STAY OFF THAT SCALE! I know it is hard...I do it too. I thought you gave up the Girl Scout stuff?

Ruth: A dog with an eating disorder....sounds like an oxymoron to me

Robin: Good for you! I can't wait for my rings to be loser. Hope the knee gets better. Don't push it too hard.

Well, need to get back to work. I will try and check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:32 AM   #6  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies

Brenda- I totally understand the frustration with the scale. After my bad weekend I weighed myself yesterday and I was up 5 damn pounds!!! Ughh. I'm not sure what to do or what to follow. I really like Atkins, I like that I can actually eat out while doing it. But yet a couple years ago I lost a ton of weight doing Slim Fast and Lean Cuisines (of course I'd add more veggies). So, I am perplexed. I guess for the remainder of the week I will continue low carbing and see if that 5 doesn't come off.

Ruth- I have a little old dog (terrier-mix) named Lucy! She's a little round like her momma, though. I hope your Lucy gets to feeling better.

Robin- Good for you losing the 2 pounds! It makes such a difference! I feel so bloated and swollen when I eat too much heavy carb stuff (pizza, bread, and beans-even though they're healthy). I hope your knee gets better soon. Have you been to the Dr yet? My mom twisted hers and was similar sounding to what you described, but its slowly gotten better with rest and elevation.

Have a great morning chicks!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #7  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Jane--Congratulations on the pounds lost!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

This rain stinks! I was going to go shopping at lunch time but who wants to go out in this crapola ? ICK.

I say we meet at Ruthies house for LC cheesecake
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Sure, Leens! I am getting right on it! Would you settle for Raspberry Ricotta Creme, instead? It's South Beach but Low Carb.

Actually I am really goofing off today since Sarah cancelled due to the damned weather. Don't tell anyone in the Village but I just got dressed a few minutes ago!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  

Morning all!

The weather people said we were supposed to have rain today but I don't see any clouds. Don't know if baseball is on or not. Those rain clouds might roll in later, who knows.

Ruthie - My big dog Scooter did that hunger strike thing a couple weeks ago and it really worried me since he had NEVER done that before! It was 4 days! He is getting older (big guys don't age or last very well, unfortunately) and its hard for him to get up plus he has some lower back/hip problems. So I took him to the vet to check him out - $220 (!) later I find out that there isn't anything that should be keeping him from eating. He started in again a couple days after that - silly dog. He is so proud of himself and comes wagging up to me for praise after he eats now! It is so cute!

Congrats on the weight loss! It's going in the right direction!

Ok - I better go dry my hair and hit the road. Have a great day all!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Sure, Leens! I am getting right on it! Would you settle for Raspberry Ricotta Creme, instead? It's South Beach but Low Carb.

You know me
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #12  

Hello everyone, This weather sucks! it makes me hungry!lol I am so mad at myself for regaining what I lost last year and now it seems so much harder to get the weight off. I won't go near the scale because if I didn't lose I'm going to lose it big! Oh well just had to vent. Brenda I feel for you with the Girl Scouts I don't even lead a group and freak out over all the things my daughter has to do while in the girl scouts. Robbin it is amazing how much carbs add in a short time. Glad you gotgood results.
Ruth I sure know how the little darlings can cause worry I have 2 cats and a 100lb dog add the with the 2 kids and I'm always worried about something. lol!
Rebelrider I seem to be in your type of mood. opps! got to go one of the darlings needs me. love wifie
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi.

It has been in a while since I have been here. I see some new names so let me introduce myself.

I started Atkins/Low carbing last year in April. I was hoping to reach my original goal of 121 by my anniversary but I got derailed in a good way. I was down to 122 on my monthly weigh in check in February when I got derailed two days later.

My then boyfriend of five months proposed to me on Valentines Day. A week before my birthday I asked him if we could elope since I don’t have any close family members, I am an only child, I lost my parents in an accident over five years ago, no grandparents, my mom was an only child too, so no aunts and uncles from her side. I have one half uncle from my dad’s side but we are not close. Anyhow, Scott said yes and we got married on my birthday. And since then it has been a blast. We went to Martha’s Vineyard for two weeks for our honeymoon. I gained there and since we came back we have had a very busy social life, which I am not accustomed to, at least not in the past five years. As a result I have gained about 10 pounds. I am ready to shed these 10 pounds and then some.

So I thought it would be best to come back here and repeat what I did last spring and summer. It is so good to be back.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Ok. Girl Scout stuff is done. But now I've got to change my pants (can't wear holey jeans to Girl Scouts ya know!) and go take a run to get an address so I can print up directions to our sleepout in a couple weeks. Those praying people out there---I need some WARM days and WARM nights for the weekend of the 13 & 14th!!! Otherwise I'm going to be a frozen person!! Trying to figure out WHY I want to move when I have a purring cat laying on my lap. I love it when they do that!! So relaxing! It's when they stick their butts in my face that I get ticked off. Sorry no personals today as I'm on the go again.
Oh...for the question of me not being in Girl Scouts anymore? Not with the oldest DD. The youngest DD is still in GS. So I'll be a leader until she decides to quit. ok..now I'm off and running!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:53 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back! It looks like you did well on Atkins. It sounds like an exciting year. Are you planning to update your signature?