Old 04-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #1  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation ~*40 Something's *~ #3

started a new thread for us... hey anyone wanna post a pic of themselves???
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #2  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

hi group is this room alwys this quiet? I got my walk in this morning, took my soon to be DIL we walked 3.25 or 7,345 steps I feel better, we ate a whole grain hot ceral I cooked with white raisens ansd dried cherries and cranberries it was yummy and filling, I'am starting to fell my upper thighs burn from my walk but its not a bad just more aware of them. getting my water in and planning my meals for the rest of the day.
how is everyone doing? what are your goals for May? now that April is wrapping up?
Michelle
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #3  

Hello to all…..

New thread so I thought I had better check in……Well I am back on the wagon this week….kind of had a rough go of it on the weekend…..way over ate and was up Sunday night with heartburn at 2:30 am…..a nasty lesson that I will remind myself of!

Otherwise still sticking in the upper 230’s, more or less, I find that I fluctuate up and down a pound or two for a few days until I lose a pound or tow, and then fluctuate again…so just must be my body……

No period this week too….jeez after almost three weeks of it on and off, I welcome the reprieve!!!

New kitty, Steamer, is fitting in well with the “girls”, but still is very scared of me…so I just let him be….I figure over time he will be more comfortable.

Well not sure if I will go for a walk tonight…went last night and got so chilled I never warmed up all night…and got two new blisters…honestly, you would think that I am an invalid sometimes…..just bad feet that I need to work through…..but I thought the blisters where all done!!!!

Have a good night and a healthy supper!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #4  
Staying in 1derland!

oooo that cereal sounds yummy!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:04 PM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Chicks. CL, I couldn't help but laugh at the portion size comment. I sure with I had ever learned to control my portions. When I diet, I do really good, then bam, off the diet and the plate gets fuller. I'm trying to pay attention to everything this time because I want it to be my last. Also, I too was down 4 pounds this week. What a great way to start off the morning.

I'm on plan for all - water, food and exercise. I took my dogs out to the logging roads so they could run and I could huff and puff my way up the hills. I got a good workout and the puppies are tired.

Lillibutt, I glad that the kitty is fitting in. Introducing an adult animal into a family of adult animals is always tough. I tried once and didn't succeed. It nearly killed me to take her back to the Humane Society. I did pay for her care until they could find adoption parents. They promised they wouldn't put her to sleep and she was adopted into a family with a huge back yard. That made it a little easier but I had already become attached.

Talk to you all tomorrow evening.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #6  
Staying in 1derland!

way to go Marie! lol Im serious... are those normal portions in the healthy choice meals? Cuz everything u buy out now is so super sized who knows what a normal portion is anymore..

Im adding this graphic early for anyone to snag for May 9th!

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-26-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:01 AM   #7  

I found you, and you don't have to tell me in the other thread where you are. LOL

Hey 40-some-thins I am new. I am back on the wagon after losing 10 on WW and gaining it all back at xmas. Bummer. This time around I'm exercising too... (I'm usually one or the other). I joined the selfchallenge and have been working out for 4 weeks (a lifetime record).

anyway. wanted to say howdy.
Le Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:58 AM   #8  
Curvy Vixen

hi 40 something gals. I would love to join you and post..
My name is Lynn, I'm 41, married, a nurse with two daughters, ages 19 and 15.
I've been on losing weight with weight watcher flex points.
It is raining here in upstate NY.. yuck and I have a terrible cold to boot...
Have a grand wed!!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:26 AM   #9  
Kasee

Default Mornin' Ladies

Well, it's "Hump-day".
I hope everyone is having a good week.
Myself, I am putting a real effort in this week. I haven't cheated....not even once........
That's an acheivement for me!!!
Welcome to the new chicks, nice to see ya!
How's everybody else doing? Are we behaving this week?
The sun is shining off and on here in the Toronto area and I have been able to get out for my walk all week so far, so that really helps.
I am such a sun-worshipper and the sight of it makes me want to try so hard to be good.
Won't be long till we'll be wearing our summer shorts, skirts and sandals. (And, I definitely want a different reflection in the mirror by that time.)

Keep up the good work, Ladies!!!

K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #10  

Default Wednesday the 27th

Cookie attack last night, am over it, and wrote down what I did, why I did it and why I don't want to do it again. I am determined to stay on track.

CL - The whole portions thing is a real eye opener and I know that is my problem. I have started using serving spoons, I have a set of 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 of a cup and it makes a difference when I put the food on my plate, I know I have to read the labels and acknowledge when I am having more than one portion and calculate accordingly. For example, my DD is the only person I know who is eating 1/2 cup of ice cream and happy about it. Also I see you have adjusted your mini goal out to June 7th way to go.

LE CHEEZ - I love the 40 Somethins, great idea. Welcome aboard. How are you liking the Self Challange? I signed up and got all flumexed on the computer snafu they had at the beginning so I launched off on my own. I do enjoy the magazine and collect up the workouts keeping the gym rountine fresh and me focused on proper form.

MICHELLE - Great steps for you. The water should help with the muscle burn. I know what you mean on that muscle burn, I started some new abs, a Pilates move like a bike situp and I know I did 20 of them this morning. My goal is to get to 100 of them.

My May Goal is to continue towards 170 by June 1st. I don't expect to get there in all seriousness, but if I can hit the gym 4 times a week and walk whenever I can, (I want my nongym pedomter reading to be well over 10,000 steps per day), I know I will be in better shape for a fun filled summer.

LILYBUTT - Sounds like your tummy was telling you something. Hope a couple of Tums were able to settle things quickly. Maybe you need more layers for your walks, and of course all the April showers don't help right?

LYNN - Welcome to you too, and you know about April showers, they bring May flowers. How exciting to be looking forward to Hawaii, what inspiration.

KASEE - I have been eyeing all the great tangerine colors for the summer, I am so up for that and it is my color. I hate beige and all its shades so when the colors come out, I am pumped up. I also think over all I do better with the day to day with more colors going on.

It is Administrative Professionals Day, hope all who have great assistants like I do show their appreciation (chinese luncheon tomorrow) and all who are assistants are appreciated for keeping those around them from falling through the cracks.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #11  
Staying in 1derland!

Cool

yep i figure i will tackle this in 10 lb mini goals...

My boss took us out for AP day and i was proud of myself they all ordered big chunks of cake to finnish off lunch but i was STRONG!!!!

i had chicken quesadillas for lunch with a side salad...
Old 04-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi there. I'm on early tonight since we're having lightening and thunder. One just shook the whole house. I'm on a laptop (running on batteries) and wireless so if lightening strikes any closer it won't fry my desktops. But I figured I'd get my 3FC before the electricity goes out and makes my wireless network not work. So that about sums up our weather.

CL, I think HC meals are pretty well portioned. Don't they give the food exchanges on those? I think the exchanges follow the diabetic diet. I sure could be wrong though. One would think HC would be healthy and not supersized. And way to go on the simple lunch and no cake. That's always difficult.

Cheez and Lynn, welcome to a great board. Considering all the hormonal changes 40 yo go through, it's nice to a have great group of ladies together to share information. I definitely know it's way harder for me to lose weight since I turned 40.

Liza, I too eat a 1/2 cup of ice cream. I measured it for a while so that I'd know exactly how big it was. Then I'd put it on a cone (50 calories) and I'd have a great treat for around 200 calories. I eat way more ice cream in a bowl so I never do that any more. Just in the cone. Enjoy your Chinese lunch tomorrow.

I've been on track with food and water. I will ride my exercycle during American Idol (I hope Scott is sent home) so I'll be completely on track. Work was good and I got home about a half hour early. Nice since I got home right before the electrical storm. My dogs are pretty uncomfortable when the whole house shakes.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM   #13  
Staying in 1derland!

im playing with my paint shop pro tonight, if anyone wants one with their name on it just let me know what color name & the name u want!

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-28-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:18 PM   #14  
Staying in 1derland!

hi guys!

well i am doing good today had my raisin bran for breakfast, and for lunch some roast beef and tomato & lettuce in a wheat wrap... I have to work till 7, so hopefully i can still get out for my walk..
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #15  

Talking Thursday the 28th

Definately have to practice having chinese food while doing Atkins. I think I did well with the beef and veggies, avoided the mound of rice and drank lots of water. Overall ok, but I did really want something spicier, just couldn't focus on how to order it since there were 11 of there from the office.

Did a good gym workout, more abs, want to have a really strong mid section. I have scheduled my workouts for the rest of the week, Saturday, DH and DD have big plans so except for delivering a crib to my sister's I can get to the gym on the weekend as well as do some pilates DVD's at home.

CL - Like your new logo and good for you avoiding the cake. I offered our assistant a trip to the ice cream store next to the chinese restaurant but she declined, maybe next time.

MARIE - I used to use the kiddie cones when having ice cream, only 10 calories and no way to get more than 1/2 cup into them. They are also more work I think than just having a bowl and a spoon, sort of like eating peanuts in the shell.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote