Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 05:31 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of July 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!I knew I would beat everyone else to post a new thread at 4am on a SUnday!!!!!!I am soon to wake up SD#1 and her friends and go to the mudrace!!!!Hope it is really gooey and swampy this year!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Vicki
Old 07-15-2001, 09:24 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, did I go overboard this week, or at least the end of this week!! Had my hair permed yesterday, so I went to Wendy's for lunch and got a cheddar lovers bacon cheeseburger and fries!! This was with the thinking that I would try and eat light at dinner. Well, DH decided he was really in the mood for a nice juicy burger from Fuddy's, so dumbass me agrees to it!! So now I'm like, I don't wanna see a hamburger for a long time!! And on top of that, DH made choc. chip icecream, so I had to try that!! UGH!!

Today is the big family birthday party at my mom's house, but I am going to try and be good. It's just a BBQ, but I think she said she's marinating some chicken, so I will stick to that! I'm supposed to bring some homemade bread, but I forgot to go shopping, so it's not made yet, and it takes 4 hrs., so it's not gonna get done! We're supposed to be there at around 12:30, and it's 9:30 now!!

RR- Wow, that room sounds really nice! Zeus would love it!! Please let me know how your brother likes the Sante Fe, if he has any problems with it!! Is your brother a big guy, or littler like you? Jim sat in the driver's seat and didn't like it, because there wasn't enough leg room. He still thinks we should have matching XTerra's!!

Gotta run, have a great day all!!
Old 07-15-2001, 12:35 PM   #3  

Hello everyone.

I did not get to weigh in on Thursday unfortunately. I went to an out of town place since I was going out of town and to make a long story short, they have changed their times. Thought about going someplace else in the afternoon - but had really spent enough time on it. I didn't do as bad as normal being out of town this weekend, but (and I know I sound like a broken record), I didn't do very well.

Lauren - congrats on your loss! Good luck at the party.

Pryia - hooray for not eating at the festival and for being so diligent about your points!! You're doing marvelous. Bummer about the cigarettes - didn't know you had picked that habit back up. You can break it again!

BFB - another cyber kick for you! Please send it right back!

Legal - enjoy your walk training!

Tech - sorry about the dog.

RR - hope you all enjoyed the mudrace!

I'm at 462 miles now. Have a great week all.

Rabbit
Old 07-15-2001, 10:23 PM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Wink Happy Sunday

Hello DIVAS!!!!!

We have not used that in
awhile. Good day here. Spent it mostly
outside. I did not count points for the
weekend. But not really worried about it
either. I am thinking of switching meetings.
Only because the girl I go with is such a
bummer. I would change my day to Sat. am.
But we will see if she does not go this
week. Then I am changing places.

Did my nails and toes tonight.
Now I have to figure out what to wear to
work. It is suppose to be so darn hot again
tomorrow. I will have to turn on my air. I
really hate too. I don't want a massive
bill.

Dani- I know your b-day is
coming and I can not remember what day!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE.

I AM SO MAD....THE DUMBA** PHOTOGRAPHER LOST 1/2 MY KIDS PICTURES.
Old 07-16-2001, 06:38 AM   #5  
Pink Thingy

Thumbs down Good morning ladies...

Hope everyone is having a great morning. Today is my new day of starting afresh, as on Saturday I had a 40th party to go to (no way could I stick to my points there!) and yesterday I had a pity party, so hubby bought me some pizza, peanuts,paprika pringles and other stuff. Well I thoroughly enjoyed it and today I will start over. Isn't it strange how we are the ones in control of what we eat and we are the ones that can sabotage our hard efforts.

I remember when I was mad, I used to eat to make me feel better and punish the person that made me angry. How exactly were they being hurt? I have yet to figure that one out.

Thanks for all the butt kicks, they were well and truly received and you must agree, they did have a soft landing

Pryia - what colour are your nails. We have got the NYNC bar over here and I have become a bit addicted. They have a colour called wicked, which is like a black/burgundy, very vampy, very me!
LBH - hope the choc chip ice cream was to die for. Let's get back on together. There is no way I can post not having met another goal.
LE - hope the walk went really well. Is that your main form of exercise and where do you walk?
Tech - thanks for the butt kick. I know exactly what you mean about doing good for 6 months and then slipping back so quickly and easily into the old habits. It's nice to know that there are others who are struggling just like me.
Rabbit - butt kick to you too and my simple (and useless) piece of advice is stop going out of town
RR
- boy were you up early. If I had known, I would have posted when I got in from the party at 1am - race you to next week!

If I have left anyone out, sorry, but hope everyone takes each day at a time and does well. I think that's enough for now, taking up too much space, but am I the only one who can't get the to work?

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 07-16-2001 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:18 PM   #6  
Donna

Happy Monday Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say hi. I did ok this weekend, not great just ok. But I am excited that we made our weekly menu and went shopping . This has worked will for us in the past, but with things so hectic we hadn't done it for the last couple of months. Hopefully it'll help me get back on track.

The dog is doing fine, I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to stop him from running and jumping short of feeding him tranqs , but so far he hasn't pulled out the staples.

Hope everyone else is doing great .

LBH - I've had days like that myself. Good luck jumping right back on track. You've been doing great these last couple of months you'll make it.

BFB - Let's go. We can do this. Just close our eyes and jump back on that wagon. Are you still skating? That should earn you some brownie points (or crisp points as the case may be).

Pyria - I'm lucky we have a center 1/2 way between home and work and there are meetings every night, so we kept switching until we found one we liked . She's a riot, half the time we don't even get to the lesson she's prepared. Hope you find one as motivating.

Rabbit - Welcome back both to town and onto the wagon with the rest of us.

RR - How was the mud run? as good and goey as you hoped?

Well, I think I'm going to skip out of work early and go look for a unity candle and programs, there's a store just down the road that sent me a flyer. There is way too much s**t involved in a full blown classic wedding. I wish we'd just eloped .

Talk at you all later.

- Tech
Old 07-16-2001, 05:12 PM   #7  

Hello Diva girls!!!!!

BFB-I get homesick for Europe everytime U post!!!Can't wait to go back!!!!!U have the 6 hour advantage on that Sunday morning!!!!(but U R on for the race!!!!!! )Glad U R back on track!!!

Tech-Glad the dog is better!!I do remember those running around days looking for this and that!!!! I can't believe it has been 2 months for me since I got married..

The mud run was very gooey and nasty...My little SD and her friend had trouble the first mile(i waited on them for 10 minutes to catch up) and then the swamp began..They were black and nasty with that thick mud...I made them swim in the lake before I could get them near the new car!!Refman didnt come cuz he was tiling the cat room floor!!! (he is such a clean freak he would have had a heart attack!!!!!!)

Lauren-that little Santa Fe drives wonderful..They got a leather one loaded with all options..The car seat fits perfectly and so does the stroller, bag and all the little fixings for the baby!!!!I would have bought one if I coulld have gotten the third row of seats!!!!

I just got back from the health club and ate a healthy snack..The brownies are calling so I am surfing the web!!!!
Have a great evening!!!
RR
Old 07-16-2001, 07:26 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm kind of proud to say I didn't do too bad at the party! Mom made chicken kabobs and corn on the cob...and london broil, but I didn't even want it...too much beef! I had 2 kabobs and 2 pc. corn. And I had a small pc. of cake, but it wasn't that great, it was from scratch yellow cake with choc. icing. The cake was kind of dry and the icing too sweet. But of course I shoveled a small pc. down.

I forgot to tell you all what my wonderful husband gave me for my birthday (tomorrow)...he bought me this motorized thing that you attach to the front of your bike and it helps you go up hills! You can either pedal with it, or let it do all the work. It's rechargable. I haven't tried it yet, because it was charging, but I'm hoping if the thunder storm stays away, maybe by the time he gets home we can go for a ride. He brought the bikes here from his parent's house Saturday. He said this way I can build up my strength, but still be able to get up the hill without bailing and walking the whole way! Our complex is all hills, so there's no way I'd be able to ride around here. I can't wait to try it!!

I'm going to try one of those Morningstar Farms grillers for dinner tonight. I hope it tastes like a real burger...not that I'm in the mood to eat more beef, I'm not, but I don't like fake stuff!! If they're as good as the sausage, they'll be great!!

RR- Please keep me updated on the Sante Fe!! Let me know if he has any problems with it!! I would like to be able to buy something before the summer's out, or at least by say, Halloween. I would definitely get the leather, I have it in my Alero, and that's the first car I've had it in, and I love it. It's soo much easier to clean!! Cloth is a nightmare with kids!

Tech- Good for you getting back to your menu planning!! Hang in there, it's really hard to stick to your diet when you have all that planning and stress...you can do it though, especially with both of you doing it together.

BFB- OK missy...back on track for us!! Throw out the rest of the paprika pringles...if there's any left!! Or make DH take them to work or something!!

DIVA- Dam that photographer!! We were talking about pedicures at the b-day party yesterday. I think maybe someday I will treat myself to a manicure and pedicure...I just have to grow my fingernails a little so they can put tips on them!!

Rabbit- Come on, quit sounding like that broken record!! When you're away, you just remember that...say to yourself, I will not go back and post the same old thing...I must be OP, so I can be proud to tell everyone I've been OP!!

OK, time to go have dinner!! Have a great evening all!!
Old 07-17-2001, 09:42 AM   #9  
Donna

Thumbs down

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN

Tried out a new recipe yesterday for sea bass. It was really good, I meant to bring it in to post, but my brain was still asleep when I left home this morning. Also the wedding invites came yesterday, so now comes the joy of tying (what was I thinking to convince K the overlay was worth the $), folding, addressing and stuffing, ought to be a blast .

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
Old 07-17-2001, 10:42 AM   #10  

HI all.

I've done well the last couple of days. Hope weigh in goes ok this week.

BFB - Loved the advice! Made me chuckle.

tech - great idea to do the weekly menu and shopping trip. I do that also. You are so lucky to have a motivating leader.

RR - glad you all enjoyed the race!

Lauren - yeah for handling the party! That hill thing sounds interesting - let us know how it works. Good idea on when I go out of town - now if I can just remember it! I always have such good intentions. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

have a great day all - must run errands!

Rabbit
Old 07-17-2001, 06:20 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon all!!Well, just got back from the health club and I feel wonderful..I am trying to quit caffeine and really been having the headaches.(I have never been off caffeine)I am off the BC pills and taking prenatal vits to prepare myself and I swear my body feels better than when I was on them...Maybe it is a mental thing..The only thing is that I constantly wonder if I am pregnant!!Is that normal?????

Lauren-I have never even heard of that thingee to go on the bike..That sounds neat!!!I would love hills!!!!

Take care all!!!EXCERCISE!!!!!!!
RR
Old 07-17-2001, 10:05 PM   #12  

Talking YEAH!!!

Well I lost .8 this week. A total gift from
God. And I am feeling great. I have not been
this thin in 10 years. Oh man....I can not
believe I have lost almost 30lbs. I still
sit back in total shock.

RR-There were times I could have sworn I was
pregnant just because my body felt differnt.
Just relax it will happen, take care of
yourself now as if you are. Oh I wish you
get your wish soon. Let us know ASAP!!!

Life is good here. I am on program and going
to work really hard so I can come back after
next WI and say I did lose 30. I am super
close.

BFB-I used a color called Beach Bunny. A
pinkish copper looking color. I really like
it.

Did you all know a cup of spaghetti O's is
only 3pts. Can we tell what I had for
dinner. And so is a Ho Ho. I know not the
best. But I was 5 down from my minimum for
the day. I just felt pukey this am. NO
CHANCE I AM PG!!

Well everyone have a good night. I really need a good nights sleep.
Old 07-18-2001, 12:32 PM   #13  

Hey all!

Still doing fine this week - although I seem to be retaining water, my stomach is sticking out a mile. that doesn't bode well for weigh in! But I'm doing everything right so I'm not going to worry about it. Like Dr Phil says - it doesn't matter what we weigh next week, it matters what we weigh a year from now. Great thing to remember! Am I doing things to gain or to lose, and I'm doing things to lose.

RR - it would be tough to have zero caffeine. Will the headaches go away soon do you think? Good luck on accomplishing that.

Pryia - almost 30 pounds is absolutely incredible! You have got to feel so marvelous. Give yourself a pat on the back from me. I have always loved ho hos - haven't had one in a long time. When my sister and I were poor college students we would celebrate our birthdays by buying the junk food we loved, because we never bought it otherwise. We'd have tombstone pizza, ruffles, and ho hos.

have a great day all - think like a thin person!

Rabbit
Old 07-18-2001, 12:58 PM   #14  

Default Yes!!!

I am feeling great about the weight I have lost. And certain people make sure I notice that they have noticed.

Sitting here having a salad for lunch. An plenty of water. It is so humid I am drinking as much as I can. So I don't start holding it in. I was going to have a WW pizza but had a high point snack earlier so now it is time for a salad. I just skip the bread that comes with it along with the bacon bits and croutons.

We need rain here bad. They have water bans out and everything looks like straw. Those poor farmers. I know the corn crop is going to be bad if we don't get a good rain soon.

Off to check my email.

Old 07-18-2001, 01:43 PM   #15  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi

Hi everyone - I'm still around. I've been "lurking" lately so I'm up on everybody else's happenings. I just haven't had it in me to put on the happy face and join in but things are fine. My weight's been about the same or down a couple of pounds in the last couple of weeks. I'm going away with my girlfriends for a girls weekend so I'm a bit afraid of what will happen (you know what happens when the girls get together??) but I"ll try to be okay or at least work in some tennis or swimming.

Anyway Lauren - I have to know where your husband got you that gift. I've heard of it but didn't know where you can get them. I love to ride my bike but I think that would help a lot, I could even ride to work then! I don't think they're even for sale here (Toronto) but I'm going to be "across the border" next weekend so maybe if they're available from a big chain, I'll be able to find one. Any information you could find out would be so great.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work everyone,
Elisa
Closed Thread