Old 04-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The "Old" Low Carb Thread - April 24

Hi there. We did a sort of combo over the weekend and are now in a situation where we seem to have three dailies. I guess we are free to post on whichever one we want. It is a tad confusing.

So...Kel, Dottie, L144S and other pop-ins, what's new?

We are cold and rainy so I've not been able to get any more gardening done. It's just as well because I have tons of other things that need doing in the house, including Mount Laundry, pre-Gail tidying and two tax returns to complete for mailing before the 30th! I need staff!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

This is great, we can all post together

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Hi all!! Looking forward to chatting w/you all
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #4  
on my way down again

Hi All.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:21 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! It actually has not rained for 15 hours. It's a frassing miracle! The moon was gorgeous last night and was still looking darn good when I got up with The Girls at 5.

Wonderful Gail comes to clean at 8 so I need to hustle my buns and gt a bit more tidying done. I know it sounds silly but it's easier to deep clean a tidy house than a messy one!

By the way, my youngest dog, Lucy AKA Spoiled Princess, has been refusing all food except ground beef or sardines. How's that for pure Low Carb? I wonder if dogs get anorexia.

Have a super Monday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:10 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Chat 4/25

I know there's been a change here at 3FC but wasn't sure if that "Week of" thread was for daily chatter or how the LC thread ran. So I figured I'd do a daily as normal and get the answers here

YEAH!! Made it through the weekend!! But stepped on that scale and it made me mad! ARGH!! But I'm going to continue on as if it went down and give it a few more weeks and THEN see what happens. By that time my schedule will have returned to normal (DH will have gone back to work) and the water intake should be better.
Hope you all had a great weekend.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Great job of staying OP through the weekend! That is a definite challenge.

I actually made it through this weekend OP, too. And, even though the scale hasn't gone down YET, I feel so much better. I know the scale will eventually cooperate.

I am still slowly trying to start running. Yesterday, I ran for seven minutes out of 30 minutes of walking/jogging time. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is progress for me. And, it really gives me a challenge/something to work on at the gym.

Yesterday was softball practice as well. I think our team will be much improved from last season. We have to -- we only won one game. Surely, we can win at least two this season.

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #8  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Brenda and Jina- You did great staying OP this weekend! I did lousy! I ate pretty much what I wanted to and I did't even plan on doing that. I am frustrated with myself b/c I have been really OP for the past 2 weeks and I'm sure that I gained the 6 pounds that I lost! So stupid of me. I am back to it today, though. Other than that I had a good but busy weekend.

Everyone have a great day!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  

Good Morning!

Oh! I'm excited! It's like getting 'new' people! Except that they are actually old people - I mean not 'old' as in old (not that there is anything wrong with old) but old as in "I remember you!"

Should we do some intros or will we just catch on (and catch up) as we go along. I'll make this quick: I'm Kel. I live in a suburb of Sacramento, CA. I have an 18 yo daughter in her 1st year at art college in SF. I have teen sons, 15 & 16, at home. Both play high school baseball. I've been separated/divorced for 1 1/2 years. Oh, and we have 2 dalmatians (duh). I like to eat low carb but haven't been faithful in the last couple years. But dating at 45 (yikes!) has scared me into losing about 12 lbs. the last couple months.

So nice to be here - thanks for moving us, Ruth! (easier for you to keep track of all your chick, too, huh?)

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Its nice to see the l/c and atkins back together. I never really understood why it was split up in the first place. Anyway, Im glad to see us all together.

Kel~ good to see you!

Ruthie~ Ive missed seeing you around...and yes thats one pampered pooch I hope she is doing ok.

Brenda~ Good for you staying op this weekend!! Keep up the momentum (sp?)

Jina~ Im so thrilled for you!! My body wont even consider running until Im under 200. I just jarrs against the ground when I try it.

Well, I braved it today and got on the scale. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still not so good. Ive only put on 6 of the 20 I took off at the beginning of the year. But its still a long way to get back under 200. So, its eggs for breakfast this morning, and loads of water. I can feel the water retention in my hands and face. So if I pee lots today, I'll know Im eating properly!!

Have a great day everyone!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #11  

Hello Everyone, Add me to the list of people that made it through the weekend OP, but I'm not so sure about today I am having a I WANT SOMETHING SWEET ATTACK! I just ate 1oz. of cheddard cheese and 2 chicken thighs from Tysons ready cooked chicken. I guess I'm a little better. But I am sooo getting tired of chicken! Sorry everyone I guess I'm just *****ing! ha ha! We picked up some bookcases from my cousins yesterday and just putting them where they will be going is a major big deal. because I have to rearanging my bedroom. With RA that is a literal pain.lol I doubt that I'll get to walk on my tradmill today, it's also sooo gloomy here on LI NY. I always find gloomy days make me crave sweets. Oh well I better put a move on. Have a great day everyone. love wifie
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Goils

Can't play, boss is on the prowl.

BBL

Good to see you all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #13  
Taaa Daaa!

Good morning all....well I guess it's afternoon now.

I so did not make it OP over the weekend. I was doing great, started friday, made it through almost all of sat. Then I was starving and it was like no matter where I went I couldn't find something for me to eat without it being a major PITA, so I gave in and ate @ AW/KFC. Sunday I didn't even bother.....I think it's the PMS

However, back on track today and planning for the week. I am so excited about the boards merging.....I wondered why they were seperate anyways. Woohoo new friends......(Ok, nerdy I know. )
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote