Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #1  

Default 30-Day Challenge for May (5/5-6/4)

Hi Everyone!

I thought it would be a great idea to start a 30-Day Challenge for the month of May, to motivate ourselves towards a healthier lifestyle, and to prepare our bodies for the summer.

If you'd like to join this challenge, this is what we need you to do:

1. Enter yourself in this challenge by posting your name, and your weight loss and/or inches-lost goal, fat-loss goal, or any other realistic exercise/fitness goals.

2. Take your "before" measurements, and weight the morning of May 5th and if possible "before" picture, and tuck them away in a safe place.

3. Begin your food/workout program on May 5th, and stick with it for 30 days.

4. At the end of the 30 days (on June 4th), take your "after" measurements and weight, compare them with your "before" stats, and report those results here no later than June 5th. Let's challenge ourselves accomplish our goals for the next 30 days!

Let's GO! Good luck to all of the participants!

Cynthia
Old 04-23-2005, 10:18 PM   #2  

I am all for this!! Hopefully having others trying to achieve a goal won't make me feel so alone and I can stay on the wagon!

My CW is 155 (hopefully when I update on May 5th it will be slightly lower)
My GW for the end will be 135 since I will be attempting Atkins again.

Can't wait to meet some new people and do this together
Old 04-24-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  

Kellianne--Thanks for coming on board with this! And I am glad we can support eachother to achieve our goals. This is why I started this, b/c I didn't want to do it alone. I am going out of town 4/27-5/2, and will measure & weigh myself on 5/4. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellianne
I am all for this!! Hopefully having others trying to achieve a goal won't make me feel so alone and I can stay on the wagon!

My CW is 155 (hopefully when I update on May 5th it will be slightly lower)
My GW for the end will be 135 since I will be attempting Atkins again.

Can't wait to meet some new people and do this together
Old 04-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #4  

I just noticed on your signature that we have about the same amount of pounds to lose! We can do it together : ) I will post y weight and measurements on the 5th...have a nice trip!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #5  
NANAX4

Hello, I am new to this. I have sent 3 messeges, but I haven't heard any reply back. I am doing something wrong. help me!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:12 AM   #6  

Default Count me in!!

Cynthia,

I love this challenge, and would like to join you and Kellianne. I have been meaning to take some measurements, as a means of monitoring my progress, but have been "afraid" of what the initial measurements are going to be. I have been going to the gym for about 3 weeks now, and will probably see more dramatic results from the tape measure than from the scale...I need some sort of validation that all this hard work is paying off, and I think this could be it!! Thanks for posting this challenge

edith

Last edited by mom2twinz; 04-29-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #7  

Smile sign me up!

Hello, everyone!

My name is Kelly and I would love to participate in your May challenge! My goals for May include:

10# over 5 wks
64 oz. of water daily minimum
go to gym for 60 minute workout at least 3x/wk
plan meals ahead of time/cook more
stock house with lots of healthy snacks esp. fruits, veggies
reduce impulse snacking on desserts, carbs
build a network of friends for accountability

About me: I am a 37 y/o SAHM from MO with 2 grade school daughters and a supportive hubby without a weight problem...

I look forward to getting to know each of you and supporting you in your efforts!

Kelly
Old 05-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #8  

Good to see more people joining in. Can't wait to do this with you ladies...I think with support and encouragement and just somebody(s) to talk to we can all do it!!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:57 AM   #9  

Count me in. I havn't measured myself since..... umm..... 10 years about.
I guess now is as good a time to start as any.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #10  

Default In my haste to join this challenge...

I forgot to post my goals for this fitness challenge.

Goals:
1) Gym 5x/week
2) 10 lb loss during this challenge
3) Sit-ups and push-ups 4x/week
4) 4 inch (total) loss during this challenge

I have never before measured myself for a fitness challenge. I am not sure how to make a reasonable estimate for inches lost for this... Is goal #4 attainable? Can anyone help me on this?

edith

p.s. i have taken my measurements (neck, bust, waist, bicep, hips, thigh-1"above knee, and calf ) and I only have one word for it, EEEEK!! Also, are these the typical areas to take measurements from, or am I missing something?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I'm thinking about taking this challenge.. I think I'm doing like 2 others.. lol.. but i'm always willing to try something else..

edith - take your wrists measurements too! otherwise you have a pretty good list of places to measure!

-Aimee
Old 05-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #12  

Default Wrists?!

Really? I never would have thought....well, o.k. I'll measure my wrists, too. Thanks Aimee!!

edith
Old 05-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #13  

I'm really excited to get started, although not excited to do Atkins. I've been looking for good recipes though so I'm not eating bacon and eggs 3 meals a day! I am NOT going to weigh or measure myself for the whole 30 days either. If I do things right my ability to fit into any jeans I own will do the talking on its own. This is finals week for me at school which will also (hopefully) allow me to stick with my diet. Usually I work all day race home to let dog out and race to class every night which leaves me little time to make a good meal, and is why I usually fall off the wagon : ) My birthday is next Saturday and my brother's was MOnday so my mom wanted to have dinner and cake this weekend, I told her I am doing no carb and she said she would make something special but I can't even do that during induction...she is an awesome cook though (which I am not) so I think I will ask for a great grilled steak and veggies to fill me up and then I won't even have room for cake. I'm going to be 26 next weekend and I am feeling old (I know it isn't that old) but still if I'm getting older I need to look better and feel better about myself. I remember this time 5 years ago when I wore size 3 jeans and felt great that summer was starting, and now I don't even know what size jeans I wear because my 13's don't even fit and am dreading summer because nothing I have fits and I refuse to buy myself any new clothes until I lose some weight. Oh well at least at work I wear scrubs which hide my giant butt! We can do this ladies, all of us! Look forward to getting to know you all : )
Old 05-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #14  

Default Finals? EEEK!!

Kellianne,

Good luck with those finals , and happy early birthday

You sound very determined, and excited to start this process...me too! I don't plan on measuring myself at all during the month, but will continue to do my weekly weigh-ins. You are right about your clothes, they will speak volumes to your success!!

edith
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey Gals!! So I took all my measurements, and am preparing to start Phase 1 of South Beach tomorrow.. I'm a tiny bit scared.. it's a pretty hard two weeks. I have to be very very determined not to cheat, I gotta lose some weight before my summer vacation! My plan is to drink at LEAST 3L's (abour 96oz) of water a day, along with the eating plan. I have to buy new clothes for this new job I got, kinda sucks, only because I've spent so much money on my current clothes, and I love them!

kellianne - happy bday Finals? Yikes.. it's been a while since I've been in school, or it feels like that anyways.. it's only been 3 ish years since I finished college.

-Aimee
Closed Thread