Old 04-22-2005, 08:09 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 4/22

It's Friday. The beginning of the weekend. I think I can manage to stay OP today...but gotta work hard on the rest of the weekend. And all the weekends from now on!!! I need to get back into "practice" of staying OP all the time. Only then will this weight come off. I'm impressed with myself that I didn't hop on the scale yet. I used to do that EVERY morning. So to not do that is an improvement in itself!! lol
Hope you all have a great weekend...off to go fishing again
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:35 AM   #2  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Brenda- Good for you staying OP this week and not reaching for the scale! That's my problem...scale obsession and then scale depression. LOL! I am going to weigh tomorrow and I am hoping that it will be lower than Tuesday. I feel like I've worked pretty hard this week.

Well, everyone have a great Friday morning!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Brenda~ have fun fishing!!

Andrea~ you'll do great!!

Well, today is another day. Im not op, but I will start over again tomorrow. I spent most of last night talking to dh. Trying to sort thru our feelings. We didnt really come up with any answers, but it was nice for both of us to know each other was going thru pretty much the same thing.

I got many many bags of dirt yesterday so I could start digging around in my garden and get a few things planted. I still have issues with paying for dirt!! Im from rural northern ontario...dirt was free!!!!!!!! so was manure!!!!!!!!! In the big city, you pay thru the nose....and of course dh doesnt want to go out to any farms, and mess up his truck! too funny

Im in my overalls, going out to fire up the grill for some slow cooking, then do some digging in the garden. Plan on a comfort dinner for us tonight, some puttering to keep my brain busy during the day, then another good night sleep and I should be sorta halfway back to normal.

Have a great day everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:45 AM   #4  

Hi all I'm on the Atkins diet as well. I joined a little over a week ago. I normally post on the support board for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis but lurk all over. This time around my start weight was 240lbs. I don't know what I am now because I have not gone near the scale, due to the last time when I weighed myself I got angry, and ate carbs, if I had cake in the house I would have eaten the whole thing. Anyway I calmed down and started again. My h has several Harley's and is building another one. I want to look better for myself ,but also so when I sit on the back of his bike I don't feel so bad. I'm a SAHM and have 2 kids at home and one on his own. I'm an old lady lol people are surprised when I tell them I'm 50 they pretty much think I'm alot younger. I'm happy about that, but still have not grown comfortable in my age. I love reading about all the women getting their own bikes I think that's great. My H and I have been married and ridding for 26 years, with me not being able to go with him for years at a time due to the children. So I'm itching to go now.
Anyway wishing everyone has a great day. Wifie
p.s. what is OP?
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #5  
We're TTC!!

Hi Wifie! OP means On Plan I believe. I am new to this area of 3FC and everyone is GREAT here! You'll really like it. If you get the time come say hello to the small group of that enjoy motorcycles. The thread is under Miscellaneous Clubs and its called Chicks on Motorcycles. We discuss diets, riding, just whatever! My reason for losing is a lot like yours. I am trying to ride a motorcycle and I want to look a lot better on the back of my hubby's bike and mine! Welcome to Atkins and the daily chat!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Hi Wifie and welcome Glad to have you here!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #7  

Glad to have found you all. I have been worried about excersizing because of pain in my feet, and general RA symptoms. Anyway I had my treadmill folded up and put away in the corner. I was feeling like I had to do some excersize, so I stuggle to move my treadmill to the middle of my living room( it is a professional type TM the type you find in a gym & weighs a ton) so what happens? I lift a little too hard and it tips over. A normal person would have stuggled with this massive machine, but me with RA well lets just say I looked like I was in a I Love Lucy episode(sp?) I stood over the TM ready to give up thinking how the **** am I going to get this thing up. Well I'm happy to say I finally lifted it, and walked over 3/4 of a mile. I wish I was more articulate so I could give you the picture of me stuggling with this massive thing.LOL It was hysterical. I think the diet is really kicking in because I'm feeling more energy than I have in a long time. What a difference a few days make. I was ready to pack it all in the other day. Yesterday was hard enough when I went to the supermarket and the bakery smell was all over the place. I had to truly use all my willpower not to give in to carbs. Plus it is so hard with the kids they always want some desert. I better get ready to pick up my daughter from school. Take care love Wifie
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Andrea: I'm thinking of changing my weigh in day from a Saturday to a Monday. maybe that'll make me more accountable during the weekend. lol Hope your WI day is great!!

Robin: I can sympathize with you on having to pay for dirt when growing up it was always free. I grew up in the country. TONS of dirt and TONS of manure. And what's the sense of having a truck if you can't get it dirty or banged up, right? Have fun

Wifie: Welcome!! Yup, OP means on plan or on program. And I've never been on the back of a cycle let alone drove one. Unless you count the dirt bike I had as a kid? Glad you didn't hurt yourself while putting the TM up. I thought that's where your story was going. And congrats on getting some exercise in (besides moving it that is ). Love your nickname!! It's what my DH calls me all the time

Well, 1/2 the day over and I'm still OP. I really don't think I've lost any weight. I could kid myself into thinking I have...but I'm thinking not. Haven't been home long enough to chug down water and so I'm thinking if I weigh myself it's not going to have changed. But at least I'm proud of myself for staying OP (so far!!)!!! So on to a great weekend I hope!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Got lots done before the rain started!! Got my lettuce planted, and my snowpeas. Lavendar is planted in a pot, and so are my chives. Got a couple bags of mulch distributed and my wasp catcher hung. Even smoked some chicken and a small roast on the grill while I was doing all this. Feels good I think its time to take a shower now! its really needed
Old 04-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #10  
We're TTC!!

Wow, Robin you did get a lot done! Whew...made me tired to read! We are going to plant some flowers in the front of our ugly little house, but I'm not sure what kind to get as we have a lot of sun in that area. Maybe marigolds?

Brenda- I agree about the Monday weigh-ins. It does help with accountability. Good job staying OP today. At this point, I haven't had too many problems with being OP in terms of food. I like the way we eat on Atkins. It's the weekend and social beer drinkin' that get me! I sound like an alki, sorry, I'm really not!

Wifie- Sounds like you had quite the experience with that treadmill! LOL. It sounds like you are doing well with the plan!

I just had to weigh in today...and I lost 3 more pounds! Yipppeee! I had a sucky Friday, so that really turned it around for me. Have a great weekend ladies!