Old 04-21-2005, 08:10 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat 4/21

Leenie: Could you sticky the Mothers' Day Challenge please??

Well, I managed to stay OP!! WOOHOO! I'm not weighing myself until I "feel" smaller. That might take a while though. lol. I've got a meeting w/the youngest DD's teachers this morning...then I think it's off fishing again

Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Done Chicky !!

I'll be back later to check on y'all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning.

Its official, Im an emotional stress eater! I got a phone call last night from someone I dislike very intensley and was informed that she had only 6 months to live. Did I eat because of this news?? No, I ate because I felt so guilty for not feeling bad about it. Im still feeling it, and have sunk into a dark place, Im not liking. Does that make a bad person? I dont think so, Ive talked to dh and my parents at length about this person and they have all experienced her 1st hand on many occasions. They all understand, but it certainly makes me feel like a bad person.

Im suppose to go have our satelitte radio installed today at circuit city, but Im already ticked at them for the 3.99 shop fee, when the installation was suppose to be free. Lets just say, in the mood Im in, they better refund it, or they can take it all back.

On the plus side, its sunny out today so I better go out and enjoy it, because its going to rain for the next 4 days

Have a good one
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #4  

Good morning...or almost afternoon!

Brenda: Good for you being OP. Have fun fishing again.

Robin: Oh tough one.......is this person a relative? Not that that matters...just curious. I can imagine that you feel kind of "strange" over the whole thing. Just try and roll with the feelings as best you can. You can feel bad for this person but don't take it out on you.

Not much new going on here.........trying to get myself psyched up to get back on the wagon...or some kind of wagon anyway........Jane has been a BAD girl.....and now she can't fit into any of the summer clothes she bought last year....shame on Jane

Well, back to work......Have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #5  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Robin-I don't think that you should feel bad for not liking this person. Its just a consequence for the way she has treated people. Not the death part, the part about people not liking her or feeling too sad. My dad's dad (I can't say grandpa, he wasn't worthy of the title) died that I barely knew, and I didn't like the way he treated my family...so when he died, I felt bad for my dad but that was it. I just didn't have the emotional connection to him to really be upset. I'm the same way about stress eating!

Brenda- Good job staying OP. Have fun fishing!

I stayed OP yesterday and consumed only about 13 carbs. I ended up not being hungry at lunch and didn't snack after work. I had bought some low carb garlic bread to eat once a week or so. Well last night I made chicken, zucchini squash and had the oven all ready for the bread. It sounded SO good! Well, I looked in the freezer...couldn't find the bread. I thought that was really odd, but searched the fridge thinking that I had just put it in the wrong place. Nothing. Then (getting frantic, I wanted that bread!), I looked on the counter. It was gone. So weird! Turns out Dh had taken some popsicle boxes out to the trash the other night and just happened to take the garlic bread box (with 4 slices of bread!) and threw it away. He just wasn't thinking! LOL. He felt so bad. It was ok, b/c I probably shouldn't eat it anyhow. Although, I did go to Braums and get a small cup of low carb ice cream to make up for it!

Anyhow, have a great day everyone!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Thanks!!

Robin: Are you POSITIVE this person is dying or could they just be saying that to get attention? Don't worry about not feeling sad about it. As long as you're not JOYFUL about it then you're still a great person!!

Jane: If you're not going to do Atkins do you have an idea of what you want to do?

Andrea: Poor DH! Well, at least he felt bad about it! And you got a treat in the process

Well, we once again got our limit of walleye. And once again I came home chilled through and through. I could go for a steamer (made with LC chocolate and heated half & half. YUMMY). That sure would warm me up and hit the spot. But all I want to do now is crawl under a blanket and sleep!! Onward to another day of being OP. I can't remember if I started on Tuesday or Monday. I'm going to say Monday So that makes today day 4 of being OP. WOOHOO!! But not counting my chickies cuz the WEEKEND is coming. And THAT is when I have the problem of staying OP. But I feel like I'm "thinner" but not "thin enough" so I STILL have to be good. I want to hit that goal weight and see what I feel like then. lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:46 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well Brenda, the thought did cross my mind. She's been telling us she has had cancer for the last 4 yrs, and that she was dying. And yes it was to get attention and others concerns, but she had an appointment with hospice today. Although that may just have been a "getting ready" meeting, and not yet really needing it. I dont know what to believe when it comes to this woman. But no, I wont be joyful, although I will be relieved. The people closest to her dont deserve the behaviour she has dished out for her entire life.

She wants us to come and see her (in arizona) before she dies. No I dont want to go, but its the right thing to do. To answer Jane's question, yes she is a relative.

Its been a very difficult day, pms has shot my emotions over the moon, and I know I shouldnt be feeling as down as I am. So, hopefully within the week, hormones will chill out, and I'll have a better perspective on all this.

Poor dh....I love him for being able to deal with all this
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote