Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 4/20

Well, updated the sad looking signature. Sure looked better BEFORE I let myself go again. So it's time to get back to kicking some fat off!! I'm hoping the 1 soda a day won't stall me out. But if I don't seem to drink enough water maybe I'll have to somehow find a way to cut that one out. Doing my best to force feed the water down. Well, it rained all night. now DH is off until next Tuesday..he wants to go fishing. Looks like more rain Looks like I'm going to get wet!!
ONWARD!!!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #2  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone.

Brenda- I think that we all fall off from time to time. The important thing is that you want to get back to it. This weight loss business can be so frustrating. Fishing sounds like fun, ok, so maybe not out in the rain, but fun anyhow!

I was so upset about not losing any weight since the start of Atkins, but last night I just had to re-weigh on an empty bladder and I was down to 260! I am really hoping to be in the 250's this weekend. My husband really calms me down when I get frustrated with it. He said, "Imagine how you'll look next year after doing all this exercise and eating right." Which makes sense. I want the weight off NOW. I never think about the possibility that it may be next summer before I'm in my thinner shorts. I just want it off quick. I'm learning to be patient. Well, everyone have a great day!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Andrea~ Good going!! I want it all off yesterday too...and Im not good at being patient either. But your doing great, keep it up!!

Brenda~ I used to hate fishing in the rain, but I love the taste of fresh caught fish have fun!

Been out and about this morning. JCPenny has summer tops onsale. I actually bought 2 of those tank type tops that have the bra built in. I tried it on and it actually held the girls up pretty good. I was impressed. So I thought if dh wont let me wear them outside, I'll wear them to bed. Perfect for the hot summer nights. Dh's are strange when it comes to that stuff

Made it thru yesterday pretty good. Got all my water in....but I certainly didnt pee it back out. Its all sitting somewhere!!!! pms needs to clear out, and soon!

Dont know what Im going to do for exercise today, just might pull out some of the cd's I have and do one of those. Its too windy to walk today, the wind is kicking up all that sand and dirt. It just wont be pleasant. So a cd, and weights maybe I'll find something....shopping doesnt count does it???

Have a great day!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #4  
We're TTC!!

Robin, I love those little tops with the built in bra! I bought MANY at Walmart a few years ago and I wear them just around the house or out on the patio on warm evenings. Sounds like a good deal if they were on sale, too~! I'm sure that shopping would burn some calories! Enjoy your workout!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:50 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Ooo. Pretty much anything in the rain is not too fun in my book. But, have fun! Maybe the rain or the fishing won't be that fun, but at least you get to spend time with DH.

Andrea: Congrats on the weight loss! I hear ya on the patience problem. I am so not patient! But, your DH has the right attitude -- yay for him! I think we both should listen to him.

Robin: I love shopping! I haven't found a tank top like those that I am satisfied with -- I always feel like I need more support. Not that my boobs are anywhere near huge, they just feel unsupported and loose in those tank tops. Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.

Oh, thanks for starting the Mother's Day Challenge, Brenda. I'm definitely joining in. I need some motivation!

Well, I decided I am going to attempt running again, so at the gym yesterday I ran for two- and three-minute intervals with walking. OK, so I only ran for five minutes total! But, it's a start, right??? Eesh. The even sadder thing is my legs are sore today. I was fooled into thinking I was somewhat in shape because I do some form of cardio every day for hour. WRONG!

I hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Thats 5 min more than me Jina. Your doing great!! I started walking one block at a time when I was at my heaviest, worked up to 2 hrs of walking every night for almost a year. So dont beat yourself up over it, you did great!

I felt the same way as you about those tops, but if you check out the ones on sale at jcpenny, you might be surprised. I was, I dont know why I even bothered to take it into the change room to try it on. They dont have alot of give in them, my bathing suit is stretchier than these tops. So they seem to have quite a bit more support than some of the other ones.

I have a question wayyyyyyyyyy off topic!!! I bought a pretty wasp catcher today. Do I have to put a sugar solution in it or just water? Or nothing at all??? It didnt come with instructions.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #7  

Hello girls.....eating my salad at my desk and thought I would pop in.

Brenda: Life is a maintenace plan. Sometimes we go off but as long as we keep jumpin back on we will be ok. My DH said something this weekend...and after I got over the feeling of wanting to SMACK him I realized he was right. He said "don't you think you spend too much time worrying about your weight instead of doing something about it?" Damn him.....

rebelridergirl: Way to go! you are doing great. We haven't met I think...I have been so busy at work lately that I don't get to check in here as often as I would like. Welcome

Robin: Oh, I can't wear those darn things.....it's not that the girls are too big it is just that I look like a sausage in them! And if shopping made us burn calories then I should be a stick by now!

Jina: Wow, I wish sometimes I could run...I am like an elephant in sneakers when I run. I don't have a very graceful stride I guess. Good for you!

Well off I go!!!!!!!!!!!!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Just a quick check in. Looks like things are starting to hop around here. More people joining in the dailies. YEAH!!!! Fishing was GREAT!! It decided NOT to rain--but it was kind of chilly!! I'm cold now! I'd love to take a nap...but don't have time! Gotta leave in a little while to pick the DD's up from school....then to youth group later tonight. Run run run....no time for exercise. Unless catching fish is exercise?? lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

what kind of fish did you catch??? I swear thats the only thing I miss about my ex...the fresh fish and wild game
Old 04-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #10  
We're TTC!!

Jina- That's a great start with the jogging! Keep up the great work you'll notice the benefits really soon! I do agree about the lack of support for the girls in those tank tops. But...I kinda think my husband likes the way the girls look in those tops! Men!! LOL. Thank God he looks!!!

Jane- It's nice to meet you! I understand what you meqn about checking in. I have more trouble doing that on the weekends.

Brenda- The fishing does sound fun. Dh and I might have to drive to the lake and see about a license today...

Robin- LOL about the ex. I suppose its good to miss something . One of my ex bf's used to serenade me (karyoke) at clubs and he had a bad voice with an awful accent...I sure don't miss that!

Have a good afternoon ladies!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Hello my long lost chickies! It feels like it's been ages! Life has been crazy busy with 50-60 hour work weeks. My eating went straight to **** for a while. I spend most of my day in 9 hour meetings so they just cater food in and we keep working. I was using that as an excuse for my rotten eating, but after gaining back 15 pounds in a matter of months, I decided I needed to take charge so I bring my own food to the meetings and guess what - they've started making sure that there are low carb options for the 2 or 3 of us who are trying to be good. Yes!

I'm also getting back on the exercise bandwagon. I'm still doing my pilates and just discovered a new belly dance class on Saturdays here at work. It's sooooooooo fun! After June, boxing classes will start again, so I'm getting in on that for both the exercise and the therapy :S

Other than that, DH and I are getting ready to buy our first house and the mania continues! I miss you gals so much! I'll try to make it back soon!

Hugs and kisses!

Star
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #12  

Hey Star! Great to hear from you...I have thought of you often. We miss you around here.

Glad to hear things are going well...don't worry about the 15 pounds...I know you and you will have that off in no time! Hope works quiets down for you soon....and good luck on the new house! Have you already bought one or are you just starting to look?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Thanks Jane There's no hope of things slowing down any time soon, but I'm learning to work the important stuff in. I had to give myself my old personal accountability lecture The house 'browsing' has been going on for a while, but I think we're finally ready to get that pre-approval and really start shopping!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #14  

Default Sorry to intrude...

I started Atkin's a week ago, and I haven't lost an ounce yet. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My test strips are in the pink range, I'm drinking water like it's going out of style, I haven't started excercising yet, but I thought I'd see some kind of difference by now. I can't even seem to figure out how to manuver around this site yet. Any help you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

April

akflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:52 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

Hi April, and welcome!! Your NOT intruding!!! Jump in and enjoy the company

Post a few daily menus maybe we can find something thats causing this. Is this your first time doing atkins?