Old 04-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Default I'm so vain and I think this thread is about me.

I just realized I'm not the biggest guy in my plant now. There are 3 men that weigh more than I do. That is just amazing to me. I’ve always been the biggest wherever I’ve been. I look at these guys and I still feel like I’m bigger. It’s just weird. This takes some getting used to. All three of these guys have come up asking how I've lost the weight and in the process have told me how much they weigh. I just can't get over the thought of it.

Last edited by howie6267; 04-19-2005 at 11:23 PM.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:11 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Very proud of you, Howie! That is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? To realize you're not the biggest one in the room? *sigh*
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:31 AM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Howie is my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
There are 3 men that weigh more than I do. That is just amazing to me. I’ve always been the biggest wherever I’ve been. I look at these guys and I still feel like I’m bigger. It’s just weird. This takes some getting used to.
Awww, Howie, you are just the sweetest man. I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, SO proud of you!!! I think the world of you, I really do. I respect your strength and integrity, and enjoy your humility, kindness, and sense of humor. You have a real sweetness. I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful wife and partner in Kimberley, and we ALL know that she's a lucky gal!

I really am just so happy for you, and I just seriously smile to myself when I think of how far you've come! You'll get used to being "not the biggest guy." Just give it some time. How did those guys receive your response regarding how you lost the weight? It's not like you popped a pill or had your mouth stapled shut, you know? You worked your shrinking bootie off to get to where you are now! I don't know if you have it in you to do this, but maybe, under the cover of darkness, and with your sweet wife sitting quietly near you giving comfort in the same darkened, silent room.......maybe, just maybe, you could give yourself a pat on the back. :sshh: We wouldn't tell.

Love you, man!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:54 AM   #4  
Born Loser

Thanks Sarah. That is such a nice comment. I think the world of you also. You have been such a big inspriation to me. I would love to get together with you and Lorraine sometime. I think we would have a blast.

As far as the reaction I'm not sure what they think. I think they are waiting to hear about some magic pill. Then when I tell them I count calories and follow the American Heart Assc. and that it's just good old fashioned common since it's like they are let down. They never ask for more information. I guess it sounds to hard or maybe too easy. Not sure which.

And yes SPF it is a wonderful feeling.

Last edited by howie6267; 04-20-2005 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Howie. I know I always hated being the biggest one in a crowd and when I'm not, I still feel like it.
It's sad sometimes to see someone who is obese/overweight looking for that quick and easy way to lose weight knowing that there is no quick or easy way to get it off. Hopefully they'll be able to realize that.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Awww Howie, that's great!!

I can relate to how you were feeling. I am the "biggest" in the family and I am very conscious of that fact when we have some sort of get together.

I agree, that people seem to want to hear that we lost the weight in some "magically easy way" and when they find out how we actually did it, they are disappointed.

I just want to say that you are very inspiring. You have come so far. Looking at your progress pictures is really amazing! You look so much different and happier too! You and Kimberley both are just doing such a fabulous job. It very nice that you can do this together.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

That's wonderful news, Howie. I'm so pleased for you. You've come so far and we're so thankful you're letting us share in your glory. Hopefully those 3 guys at the plant will now look to you as a role model and inspiration like we do. Surely they won't be afraid of some hard work and determination if it results in the kind of success you're having. Add me to the list of people who are very proud of you.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #8  
Born Loser

Thanks Heather and Jill. I don't want them to start losing just yet LOL. I'm enjoying the moment. I do really hope I can be a roll model for others and I would love at some point in my life to be able to do that on the side or as a full time job. We will see where that goes.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #9  
Jennifer

I'm on the list, too! Howie, you're truly an inspiration. I went to look at your gallery again after first reading this message, and it's just amazing. You must feel like a new man! And it's so great that you and Kimberley support each other through this. I'm continually impressed with both of you and know you will both succeed!

Isn't it weird how everybody always wants a quick fix? I definitely used to think I was missing the "secret" and the "eat less/exercise more" thing was just something people say to fat people. Sure it's a bit of oversimplification, but it ain't wrong!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:54 PM   #10  
Born Loser

It is nice having a partner in this. A lot of times in our life it worked the other way. We would cause each other to be bad. We are both on the same page now and we will go all the way.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:17 PM   #11  

Howie I am there with you. Just wait until you are smaller than people who USED to be smaller than you ... heh heh.

As for role modeling, you are right, people are always disappointed when you say you lost weight through basic healthy eating and exercise. But over time, the more you lose, the more you will find people coming to you and saying you HAVE been a role model and they've started a plan or have lost xyz pounds. They will be few and far between, but they will come. I've been an "inspiration" to 3 people that I know of, and I suspect to a few others who haven't admitted it to me. So, just keep doing what you are doing, you ARE a role model.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

He's really an inspiration to me. I mean, if anyone has an "excuse" to just let it all go, he does. He deals with bad pain from his back injury every day, but he just pushes through and keeps going. Me, I'm a wimp compared to him!

I can't believe I was so slow to become involved here at 3FC. Guess I was still sitting on the fence and wasn't ready until I really got on plan myself. Now, I can't imagine a day without every one of you in it.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #13  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Congratulations Howie!! Way to go. You have done such a great job. I'm glad you and Kimberly can help each other to your goals. I think it helps a lot when your partner can understand and help you.

BTW ~ nice new pic Kimberly!!
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #14  
Jennifer

Holy moly! You two are wasting away! Wow, Kimberley, your face is *so thin!*!!!!!!!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Wow!! Howie!! That is just great!! It must be an amazing feeling!! I am always the biggest one wherever I go. Please add me to the list of the people who are proud of you and who you have inspired. You speak so honestly of your journey. It really helps keep me going.

You are very fortunate to have Kimberly in your corner. You two are just about the cutest thing!!! BTW - Kimberly your new pic is awesome!!!!

Congratulations Again!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote