Old 04-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of April 17th

A Good Monday Afternoon to you all...

Hope you all had a great weekend. DH & I went shopping for 2 new Lazy Boy Recliners and new appliances yesterday. Didn't find anything, so on Thurs. we're heading out again.

The past few mornings it has started out rather chilly but warms up nicely in the afternoon.

Hi Anne, Lynn, Julie, Nikki, Kasee hope everything is going well with all of you.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Ali
Old 04-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #2  

HI Everyone

Wow, Ali, your so lucky! New Lazy Boys. What kind of material are you getting? We got one in leather a few years ago, because the sales woman said that cats couldn't hurt it if they scratched it. Well, that wasn't true, it's shredded. The other thing I found out about leather is, it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Or rather, you can't sit on it in shorts and be comfortable in the summer and you better have pants on in the winter or a warm house I don't have one, it's DH's. He likes it, so that's all that matters.

It's another nice day here. I did my gardening this morning, then went mushroom hunting. I didn't find any mushrooms, but I did see other mushroom hunters. I also saw 3 deer running through the woods, trying to get away from the mushroom hunters. They ran right by me two times. Afterward, I went to the camping area to use the bathroom and on the road was a bull snake. It was pretty fat and a good 3 feet long. I knew it would get run over, so I moved it to the side with a stick. It was warm from sunning itself, so it was placid. After I did get it to the side, it turned and lunged at me, but it was only a half hearted attempt. They aren't really poisonous (they can bite and make you feel like crap), but they do eat lots of rodents.

Lynn, hope your doing ok and that your day is a good one.

Talk to you all later, Nikki

Old 04-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #3  

Hello everyone!

Last night, just before dusk, I looked out my kitchen window to see our friend the raccoon out towards our fence. Then he came to the bird feeder, climbed that and ate whatever food was left. Then he climbed down, walked to our little patio area near the screen door to the lanai, smelled around for a bit, then his nose went up into the air and walked over to the screen where our BBQ is on the lanai, and he was peeking through the screen. I guess it doesn't take much to keep me entertained. Her nibs was oblivious to the whole thing. Some watch dog.

Nikki, I don't know the name of the fabric, but it will be a heavy duty one. We sold our other Lazy Boys before we moved and I am so sorry we did. Because of Lacee, we wouldn't get leather, even though they really are nice looking. Also, I don't like sticking to the seat when I'm wearing shorts. I'm surprised I have any skin left on the backs of my legs. I have seen a micro suede, I think they call it that looks nice, but again I don't know how that would hold up with the dog. That must've been so nice seeing deer going by you. I wouldn't be too thrilled seeing the snake though.

Anne, hope your week is going ok so far.

Lynn, sending and a your way. Hope things are going well for you.

Hi Kasee and Julie.

Have a good day everyone.
Ali

Old 04-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon All,

It's a stormy day here or it is all around us. We are just having wind and clouds. I went ahead and watered the seedlings as I can't depend on the rain to happen. That will ensure a good down pour probably .

Ali, I have considered microfiber suede for a throw for the couch. But, cat hair really sticks to the microfiber suede clothing I have, so I figure it would with furniture too. It is really hard to get off. I bet dog hair would be too, even though dog hair is more course than cat's.

Ali, I love raccoons, aren't they fun to watch? We use to have one that would come into the garage while we were in there. He would peek around the corner and we would watch him, then he would slowly move toward the cat food. If we moved, it was like playing mother may I and he would freeze. I think he thought if he didn't move, we couldn't see him any more. If we ignored him, he would get to the cat food and eat it all up. I guess he's gone now, as the cat food no longer disappears at night. I can't stand opposums and we get way more of those than raccoons.

Take care, Nikki
Old 04-19-2005, 06:00 PM   #5  

Hello everyone,
I used to post with Ali on another thread and she told me about your group. I'd like to join in if you wouldn't mind.
Major computer problems have laid me low for quite a while so I don't know what's been happening on 3FC.
A little background on me....Ali, you can skip this ....I live in upstate NY, the Rochester area. Have been struggling with my weight for probably 10 years now. This is the year I want to conquer it! It's coming off VERY slowly, but I'm making some progress which is encouraging. I was a big carb person, but I've gradually cut back on them. Never thought I'd be able to do that. Pasta has been my middle name I work as a secretary for a school district and love to read and garden. DH and I are empty nesters....we have 2 boys...ages 26 and 30 (ouch, I don't feel old enough for a 30 yr old!), neither are married.

Nikki: We've had gorgeous weather for well over a week. I've been wanting to wash my windows, but I know the minute I do, it will cause a major rainstorm.

Ali: Well, I'll trade you your raccoon for our skunk! We've had an awful time with them coming around at night and spraying. Just about drives us out of the house. We finally figured that our heat pump was drawing the smell in

Time to start getting dinner ready. Take care all.

Kate
Old 04-19-2005, 06:32 PM   #6  

Katey, I'm so glad you joined us! Welcome! This is a great bunch of people. We all got together when we were Somersizing. A couple of us have gone on to other programs. A skunk Ya, I'll take a racoon over a skunk. You know, come to think of it, I can't recall seeing skunks down here. We have an armadillo digging up our lawn. I'll trade! Again, WELCOME!!!!

Ali (all my friends call me this)
Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Got back from WW a little while ago, lost another lb. Three more lb. and I'll be able to move my tracker....finally. I didn't stay for the meeting. It's held in the Sunday School room of a church. Before the meeting, when everyone is talking, the noise level is awful. It literally gives me a headache.

We're going out to dinner tonight with our friends who are also our former neighbors in NH. They're planning on heading north sometime next week. I kind of wish I was going with them.

Kate, have you read any good books lately? I'm reading a Nora Roberts romance novel for a change of pace. It's ok, there is a little mystery to it also. What plan are you doing, or are you just doing something on your own? I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I have a cousin who devised her own low carb WOE and has lost 40 lbs. or so.

Nikki, I'm glad you told me about the microfiber suede fabric. Lacee has short hair that sticks to anything and everything, and can really bury itself in fabric. Speaking of cat hair. Our cats had a favorite chair that they curled up in. One day our accountant paid a visit, he used to work with my cousin, who happened to be up on vacation. He stopped at our house on his way to see my cousin. He sat down in the cats' chair, I had forgotten to vacuum the chair the previous day. He had on a pair of brown polyester slacks, and when he got up he was covered with cat hair. I was too to say anything to him. When I told my cousin what happened, he got a good out of it. I love watching raccoons. Unfortunately he has ruined our bird feeder. It's a wooden structure that the previous owner's father made. The raccoon has torn all the shingles off the roof, so much so that DH can't repair them anymore.

Lynn, hope everything is going well for you.

Anne, hope that is being good this week.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Ali

Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone

Hi Kate, welcome to our little group We've been posting now for a few years on this thread. One of us starts a new one every week on Sunday and then we just post the rest of the week on the same one. What weight loss plan are you following? I'm following Weight Watchers now and counting points. I've done most of the low carb plans and while I have nothing against them, I needed a change. I originally started out at 274 and I'm now at 210 lbs. Boy, I can't seem to get below that number though. I would like to say I have some excuse, but, it's just that I like to eat. I'm a big food fan. I like to eat it, cook it, grow it and shop for it . I decided that even if all I do is lose a lb a month, that that is progress. But of course, I do want to lose more if I can. I do enjoy exercise a lot, it's the reason I don't weigh more than I do right now. I have 2 DD's, one is 24 and the other is 27. It does make me wonder how that happened so quick too. I thought their teen years would never end and now, the years are passing by so fast. Neither of my girls are married either, but one does live with her fiancee. They are planning on getting married this year, as far as I know. They both lost their jobs recently, which put the marriage plans on the back burner. Now, they both have new jobs (yeah!).
I like to garden, have 3 cats and many aquariums. We also go camping and are planning on getting a canoe soon. OH, and we are going to remodel our house together this summer, so we might be divorced by the end of the project Just kidding, but we don't work well with each other (that is an understatement). It just doesn't help that we both want to be the boss

Well, my computer is starting to act weird. I'm not going to log off, if I can remember not to. I think the main problem is some program that is interupting with the start up. If I don't post for awhile some time, you'll know the computer is down.

Ali, I'm so sorry to hear about your bird feeder. I know how much you loved that. Do you have an animal control officer that would come out and set a live trap? Maybe they could relocate the little guy.
Good going on the weight loss I am so proud of you

Hi Anne and Lynn, hope things are going ok with you guys.

It finally started to rain here. It's raining now, but it's a gentle rain, no hail or strong wind. We needed this and I needed a break from the garden.
Talk to you all later, I hope, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 04-20-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone:

Aleka, another pound!! Thats just great WW is sure
working well for you is as witchy as ever. She is really getting
me down today.

Nikki, its pouring rain here today. Can you believe it was 82 degrees yesterday!!!

My DS is really depressed with the car. If it wasn't bad enough with the
repair bill for the brake line replacement, last night his starter went. He is
really depressed. All these repairs coupled with his insurance rates are really
getting him down.

Hi there Kate! Nice to meet you, welcome aboard.

Hi Lynn, hope you are ok. Talk to you soon

Anne.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:56 AM   #10  

Good Morning,

Anne, boy can I relate to your son. Our old Cadillac has another problem, it will be expensive to fix, so it's sitting on the side. We just get one thing fixed on it and another thing goes wrong. When we bought that car a few years ago, we never realized it would do this for the entire time we have owned it. DH's truck is now having problems too. It is very irritating. We can't buy a new car or even another car or truck. It's so frustrating. I feel for your son.

We are inbetween showers now. I hope I can get DH to go look for mushrooms today. He has tonight off. The woods are pretty muddy and he doesn't like to walk in the mud, but if we don't go now, the season will be over soon.

Ali, hope your shopping trip is successful and you find what your looking for.

Hi Lynn,

Kate, hope I didn't scare you off with my rambling on and on .

Well, better go exercise. Take care all, Nikki

Old 04-21-2005, 09:11 AM   #11  

Good Morning All:
Nikki what are you doing these days for exercise? I have started doing
20 minutes (really working) on my gazelle. I was becoming disgusted at who
stiff I would feel in the mornings, like I was 106 It really seems to be
helping me with this. Pants are feeling looser too.

The rain has stopped for today but its going to be raining Friday, Saturday
and Sunday (figures eh ) mind you, I shouldn't complain as things
are really greening up

Hi Aleka, hope you enjoyed your dinner out Do you give yourself alittle
treat or stick with WW progam (is it still points?)

Hi Kate hope you are having a great day.

I miss you Lynn, hope to hear from you soon

I better go, I am hearing through the grapevine that is in a real
mood. So much for her new leaf

Anne.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #12  

Hi Anne,

For exercise, I do Core Secrets the 45 minute workout and then Leslie Sansones Walkblaster, the 45 minute workout about 3 days a week. Then on the other days, I do Leslie Sansones WATP 3 mile walk and maybe some time on my stationary bike. I ordered the new Transfirmer from The Firm and it should be here around May 1st. It's hard, all The Firm workouts are hard, but I need more of a challenge.
If I don't work out, my joints get stiff and I walk like I'm over 100 too. In fact, I limp pretty bad if I don't work out, but if I do work out, I barely limp at all. Exercise is so good for the bones and the joints.
I'm so glad to hear your starting to use your Gazelle again. Good for you
I didn't believe that new leaf business. Sounds like the same old leaf to me
Talk to you later, Nikki
Old 04-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #13  

Hello everyone,

DH & I got back a little while ago. We ordered the hot tub and we ordered a couple of Lazy Boy chairs. We also had lunch out, it was a late one because I just wasn't hungry after breakfast. I've probably put that lb. back on already.

Anne, I am so sorry about your son and his problems with his car. I can see where it would get him down. Hope things work out for him. So, is back to her old personality. Her new leaf didn't last very long. Did it. Leopards don't change their spots, or I think that's how the saying goes. That's great you had temps of 82 deg. It seems like it went from winter right to summer. Are those temps supposed to last very long? That's fantastic you're back on your Gazelle. I really loved doing it. But, I have no room for it in FL so we gave it to Goodwill. Are you still doing Body Flex? I got an HSN program guide for May and Greer will be on selling Body Flex again.

Nikki, sorry that your DH is having problems with his truck. Is it something he can fix himself? Did you get him to go hunting for mushrooms?

Kate, how do you like your new computer? Hope things are going well for you.

Lynn, miss you, hope everything is going well.

Talk to you later,
Ali

Old 04-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #14  

Good evening!
No, Nikki, you didn't scare me off! I got busy last night and didn't get on the computer. Wow, you do great with your exercise I wish I was that motivated. I really don't enjoy it except going to Curves. That's fun because I'm with so many friends there. I go 3 or 4 times a week. On days that I don't I was doing Leslie Sansone's Fatburner tape. Now that the weather is getting nice I think I'll plan on walking outside...then the dog gets some exercise too.

Anne: I'm just across the lake from you Have you heard about the fast ferry? That has been a real issue here for months. That's too bad about your son's car. We're so dependent on our vehicles. Of course with the price of gas I wish that I lived close enough to everything so that I could bicycle. Would be great exercise too. I heard we may have some snow this weekend I sure hope they're wrong about that.

Ali: I'm booking my flight tonight...pick me up at the airport How great to have a hot tub! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. They're so relaxing. What are your chairs like? Right now I'm reading The Face of the Asassin. I'm about half way through. It's a library book and I think it's due this week Computer is working great. I'm still getting used to the different programs and my new email. Right now I'm still doing my own eating plan. I think it would be good if I started counting points again. I haven't lost anything in a few weeks. How do you like WW? Do they have a new program?

Yippee...almost the weekend. We have a banquet to go to Saturday night. I think I can do okay because it's not a buffet. I always dread those....too much I can get in trouble with.
Take care,
Kate
Old 04-22-2005, 07:41 AM   #15  

TGIF!!

I have a Dr. appt. later this morning to get the results of my cholesterol test. It should be interesting to see if it's gone up or down since I had it done before we moved.

Nikki, hope your computer is still up and running. It's amazing how many years we all went without computers and got along fine. Now that we all own one, we're lost when it doesn't work right. Hope it's a simple problem.

Kate, ok, let me know what flight you'll be on and I'll pick you up! How is Abby doing? Will you be entering her in any field trials this year? Another thing with our group, we all love animals. WW does have a new program called Core. There is no weighing, counting, or measuring. There is an extensive list of foods you can eat and you eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied...not full. Each week I tell myself I'm going to try the Core, but I'm so used to counting points, I never do it. I have seen posts on other BBs where people have said that Core was WW version of South Beach Diet. We ordered our chairs in a fabric. It just wasn't practical to get the chairs in leather or that micro-fiber because of Lacee. DH & I did prefer the leather. Did that ever feel gooood! Have a great time Sat. night. at the banquet. You'll do just great.

Anne, how did things go with yesterday? Were you able to avoid her? I've been meaning to ask you, now that spring is here, have your mother and sister gotten their puppy yet?

Hey Lynn, still thinking about ya.

Have a great day everyone.
Ali